Sign in to follow this  
Taiji Bum

Fasting?

Anybody into fasting here? Whats the longest you've gone? How do you ease in and out of it? I have the books and have done it for years but never talked to anyone else who has done it.

Anybody into fasting here? Whats the longest you've gone? How do you ease in and out of it? I have the books and have done it for years but never talked to anyone else who has done it.

I did a ten day water fast many many years ago.

About 2-3 years ago I did 14 days and mYTHISmaker did 10 days.

September or so of this year we did 4 days and two weeks ago we did 3 days.

Over the years I've done a few days here and there.

It's also a good thing to do if you are sick with a cold.

We hope to do 3-4 days every month or so.

The long fasts were supervised.

We don't eat heavy before to fortify ourselves . We are vegetarians and eat fairly well in general.

We drink about 8 - 10 glasses of water a day while fasting. Sipping not drinking a lot at once.

Breaking the fast we have a piece of fruit or maybe some steamed zucchini.

We eat a little every few hours. The next day we don't eat anything heavy such as nuts.

We have a fruit salad, blended greens, steamed veggies.

On the supervised fasts we broke them with a few ounces of grape juice on one and a little

steamed zucchini on the other.

We are not overweight and as a result get weak by the third day.The first two days I can usually do light exercise. I also lose weight pretty fast and can drop 5 - 6 pounds in 3 days.

On longer fasts the weight loss will eventually slow to about 1/2 pound or less per day.

Luckily I gain it back in about a week or so.

*3 times a year, for 10 days. I'm hoping to expand them to 12 ... but we'll see.

Only water & raw restricted juices during them.

Like the Myths, I also keep it light before and afterhand so as not to bloat or create any unpleasantness.

Used to be hard to do, starting out, but gets smoother & easier cumulatively.

Sign in to follow this