Sign in to follow this  
Taiji Bum

Taoist Evangelists?

I am interested in putting some money and time into a local temple. Are there any Taoist organizations that are dedicated to the spread of Taoism? Traveling Taoist preachers? Taoist revivals?

Dear Darin,

Altruism is a great tool that benefits both giver and receiver.

Do you want this temple to be in Detroit? How far afield are you willing to go? Would you maybe broaden your horizons and spread the wealth far and wide?

It may be for you to create a place for Taoists to gather. Something easy and small at first like asking yr local library to lend a room once or twice a month and get the word out from there...Put up a flyer at a book store where Taoists books are sold etc...If you have the time for these things then those who are interested will show up... Otherwise I should think actual existing places with any religious affiliation are registered for tax breaks and can be found, in any number of ways - even the yellow pages!

But I would be more circumspect with the money offer! Don't lead with an offer of money or everyone will say thy are needy Taoists!

Even me! ...

Because- Hey, You can always buy a copy of my book of sonnets relating to the Yi Jing! & I promise to always be a nudge for Taoism as long as I live!

@ -

http://www.lulu.com/pdgart

Thanks & I hope you find what yr looking for in Detroit!

- Wayfarer (PDG)

Edited by Wayfarer64

I am interested in putting some money and time into a local temple. Are there any Taoist organizations that are dedicated to the spread of Taoism? Traveling Taoist preachers? Taoist revivals?

Have you asked your teacher

Wayfarer65,

By "local" I meant local to me. I was hoping to invest in something for the Detroit area. But I'll check out your book, thanks.

Darin

mYTHmAKER,

He self identified himself as Catholic but it doesn't matter anyway since he unfortunately died in 2004. He picked up the Taoist Alchemy as part of his Taijiquan but never practiced it. Not because he was Catholic but he liked women and what he learned and taught me is a no-sex path.

Darin

Dude, my brother recently moved to Detroit and would perhaps be interested in joining. Here is his wesbite:

http://www.nondualart.com

Introduce yourself to [email protected]

he is also a big fan of Judaism and world religions, mysticism, whatnot...

Dude you had a real intersting path to attain immortality! Whered you learn that again? How long did you not blow you load for? Sorry if thats off topic.

As for starting a Tao group, Id recommend you check out the Taoist Tai Chi group in your area. What the heck do you for a living, able to practice immortality meditations a lot?

Being a tiny tiny world, one of my childhood neighbors Brock Silvers from Chicago was working in China to repair taoist monasteries. The place he worked for had a good taoist web page -

http://www.daoistcenter.org/Articles.html

Just googled him and see that he has a Taoist book. Haven't talked to him in a few years. Last conversation I had with him was that he thought Most Taoist would not consider Mantak Chia to be a Taoist. Ofcourse he is coming from Monasteries where Taoism is first and foremost a religion. And lets face it, Chia left the orient when he was like 18, so monks living it 24/7 are not quite as impressed with him as we wersterns.

Michael

Hi,

You said:

" I learned Tai Chi from him too which was the eight energies and five elements with applications mostly."

I am curious how you are manifesting the eight energies and five elements through taichi.

I do a little bit of taichi and am looking for ways to integrate it more into my alchemical practice.

If you could expand on that statement a little bit I would be interested to hear it.

thanks, mike andre

Hi,

You said:

" I learned Tai Chi from him too which was the eight energies and five elements with applications mostly."

I am curious how you are manifesting the eight energies and five elements through taichi.

I do a little bit of taichi and am looking for ways to integrate it more into my alchemical practice.

If you could expand on that statement a little bit I would be interested to hear it.

thanks, mike andre

People have different ideas about this. I'll start a new thread.

I have not worked with the Taoist Tai Chi Group, just know of it. Wow your experiences with Tao Alchemy are very respectable and unique!!! I wonder where your teacher learned? And will check out this other thread right now!

I was thinking about this more... some real interesting stuff. So, the orgasm rises up the spine? Thats intersting and very Kundalini ascending-like (rather than descending too - yin yang balance...)

I have never really heard of something like this before. You can sustain that bliss?

Very intersting about the mini-me climbin in and out the TT and 3rd eye... hahahaha

Do you microcosmic orbit?

I was thinking about this more... some real interesting stuff. So, the orgasm rises up the spine? Thats intersting and very Kundalini ascending-like (rather than descending too - yin yang balance...)

I have never really heard of something like this before. You can sustain that bliss?

Very intersting about the mini-me climbin in and out the TT and 3rd eye... hahahaha

Do you microcosmic orbit?

I don't do the microcosmic orbit and it wasn't the orgasm but the ejaculation. There was no pleasure/bliss except the kind you get on a roller-coaster ride there is only light. Also there is no presence of anything like a God. But while I never practiced cultivating the microcosmic orbit it happened to me many times spontaneously. My primary practice was the breathwork, then meditation on the Tan Tiens, and then formless meditation.

I hear the kundalini people talk about the energy going up the spine with the vision of light and then unimaginable bliss. Also I have read about the reports of the Catholic mystics who talk about the same thing but they feel the presence of God. I felt neither probably because I didn't expect either one of them.

That tiny body mini-me was so weird. It is supposed to emerge from the forehead first and then when it is mature it exits the top of the head. That hasn't happend yet. Thats what "Leaping into Eternity" is supposed to do. Then after the leap you are "Nine Times Nine Selves".

There are two signs for the "leaping". One is seeing something like snow or white flowers falling. The other is the vision of the flaming golden cross like in the vision of Ezekiel. What your supposed to do then is go through the cross. Some say it exits the top of your head and then you are supposed to pull it in your forhead so it circulates like the micro-cosmic orbit but only in your head.

Crazy stuff when you read it objectively, but thats where I am. :lol:

Sign in to follow this