connecting with the night sky...

I think I am going to...  

1 member has voted

1. 1. I think I am going to...

• become enlightened..
    • become immortal..
    • I am going to be a GOD motherfucker !
    • uhhhhh

last night I took a smoke break and went out into the cold and looked up at the night sky. I have always been fond of a certain hua hu ching quote, (though I dont remember it word for word), something about 'is tao troubled? [worried, etc] look up at the night sky, does it look troubled?'

sommmmething along those lines. but thats unimportant, what's important is that I look up at the sky for inspiration into calmness.

and I had that sungazing BS in my mind...

I emptied my mind, felt my 'presence' or my 'energy' or my 'soul' or whatever, and it was like I could grasp the fullmoon with my energy. not very well... it was very vague and fleeting... I am no spiritual adept at the moment... but it is a beautiful thing. I felt a little connected with the great, big, empty sky. I just loooove the yin.

and then I realized... this is what I need to do. this weak connection with the sky I feel right now, this is what I need to work on. for a moment size seemed irrelevant. I thought, an immortal being is connected to all of this. and.. not just the sky... [heaven]... but to earth too. not only should I work and feel on this connection with heaven, but I should do it with earth too, and that should be complete connectivity. I could almost feel what it would be like to be connected to all of that.. a very STRONG connection.. what that might be like... that being connected to all of this.. what the implications would be on my body. the physical consequences of developing this connection. it would be a physical transformation. the meridians would open... they would have to, for all the 'connecting' to take place.. it would just happen on its own... all the heaven flowing down and out, all the earth flowing up and out, of my body.

this could be inerpreted as being the ultimate fire/water practice. it is complete empty-mindedness... open-mindedness.. I dont see how this involves the five elements at all, but man FUCK the five elements, I never used them before. :roll:

this is kind of breakthrough for me... becuase now I know how I opened my heart center before.. (I opened it a long time ago, it was ecstasy, and somehow I let it close. I got preoccupied with other practices.. [man FUCK embracing the tree, and all that stupid qigong bullshit :roll: )] ... I tried to open it back up later b ut I was nowhere near as successful.. becuase I was trying to open it from the inside out... when before, and as I will try now, open the heart from the outside IN.) anways, this is a breakthrough for me becuase know I know what to practice for. like I know what to do. it is so much better to practice when you have a goal to reach... than practicing without... becuase so often I am just taking wild stabs in the dark when it comes ot my practice... but man, you keep meditating, and you keep experimenting, you keep studying... you're going to stab that mother fucker smirking back at you from inside the dark, you know? :P

anways, lets hope I'm not full of shit. :roll:

I dont undertand your reply. I feel you might be sarcastic, becuase I respect quite a few of the people on the list, you included, and I doubt I am the least full of shit. so if you are being sarcastic I would like to know why.

and if you're not sarcastic, I hardly feel I am worthy of such a compliment, especially when in contrast to everyone else.

again, I just dont understand...

I went for a short walk to the shops after reading your post and tried connecting/acknowledging heaven and earth as I went along. The expansiveness of the sky and the depth of the ground seem so powerful. Maybe it was my imagination but it did feel like something beneficial was happening, very healthy somehow.

I think that is a superior walking meditation than any others I've tried. Thanks! :)

and then I realized... this is what I need to do. this weak connection with the sky I feel right now, this is what I need to work on. ... work and feel on this connection with heaven, but I should do it with earth too, and that should be complete connectivity. I could almost feel what it would be like to be connected to all of that.. a very STRONG connection.. what that might be like... that being connected to all of this.. what the implications would be on my body..

Nice post. :)

JadeSutra_small.jpg

I dont see how this involves the five elements at all,

btw, in classical Chinese medicine, the 8 extraordinary vessels have to do with heaven-person-earth integration. The central vessel with emptiness. The 8 extras are a deeper layer than the five elements.

In the internal martial arts, goes through the layers of fascia-tendons-ligaments-bones.

The 8 extras resonate with the bones.

Sign in to follow this