Sign in to follow this  
ronko

the book of nei gung - c.k.chu

Just wondering if any bums have read this , is it any good ?

its pretty pricey to get hold of in the uk

so thought i would try and find some info before purchase

cheers

I'm interested too. I was searching for the DVD but only found it on their site for 50$ http://www.chutaichi.com/onlinestore/neikungvhs.html (vhs is ok).

the reviews look good, one of them mentioned a certified teacher but I didn't find a listing on the main site only on google. the used price is still high.

So then I checked youtube for nei kung movements, too many results. see if you can find anything good on youtube and let me know.

I actually took C K Chu's introductory workshop couple of weeks ago in New York.

TTB member Encephalon is the one who recommended the workshop. He trained in Los Angeles with C K Chu's certified student.

The big emphasis in the workshop was on proper alingment, I would suggest to get the DVD. The DVD covers his workshop, master Chu gets into a good introduction of neigong principles, plus shows all 10 postures.

PS. I don't have the book or the DVD.

I've read it.

It appears very basic, nothing astonishingly.

It show some exercise and some poses... I'm not sure the autors

have actually tested that routine before publishing.

I actually took C K Chu's introductory workshop couple of weeks ago in New York.

TTB member Encephalon is the one who recommended the workshop. He trained in Los Angeles with C K Chu's certified student.

The big emphasis in the workshop was on proper alingment, I would suggest to get the DVD. The DVD covers his workshop, master Chu gets into a good introduction of neigong principles, plus shows all 10 postures.

PS. I don't have the book or the DVD.

Getting proper alignments might sound not very sexy, but now that I have several years of practice I must say this is a single most important thing one would need as the foundation. I've taken classes with highly regarded teachers and instructors but none of them taught alignments. As a result, when I got into trouble with my muscles, only a humble acupuncturist told me my problems stem from a horrible posture, and a humble massage therapist told me one my leg is shorter for whopping 1 cm. Continue doing something like taiqi or bagua having such problems would screw me up fast.

Getting proper alignments might sound not very sexy, but now that I have several years of practice I must say this is a single most important thing one would need as the foundation.

yeah I hear you about proper alignment.

In the workshop master Chu told us that it is OK for all other body parts to hurt after a practice session, but never the knees. If the knees hurt than you are not doing the postures correctly.

I am quite a bit out of shape :) and found the routine extermely damanding. The next day my thighs, lower back, tendions below the calf hurt like hell, but NOT the knees. They were totally pain free! Very impressive, master Chu knows what he is doing to say the least.

In the workshop, master Chu and three of his assistants spent endless amount of time correcting our posture.

I am of the opinion that neigong postures are best learned 'in person' by a qualified teacher and then frequent class session with corrections are a must. imo very hard to learn from books and dvd, but I could be wrong...

I've read it.

It appears very basic, nothing astonishingly.

It show some exercise and some poses... I'm not sure the autors

have actually tested that routine before publishing.

Wow. That's about as clueless as it gets. High marks for presumption as well.

The Book of Nei Kung is not 'read'; it is a reference work for the postures of the set, to be consulted as one grows deeper and more precisely into the postures. It was deliberately written in a basic style, without flourish or theory, but with a specificity that cannot be immediately appreciated, but only after years of careful practice.

The story behind the very thoughtful development of the book can be read here.

I'm envious, HumbleOne! I'm sure your learning curve was reduced considerably by all the personal attention, especially the focus on precision. The book is a classic because even after we learn to align yourself for the bubbling spring effect, we'll have that reference for as long as we practice. Those who think Nei Kung can be learned from a book are in for a rude awakening.

• Like 2

I bought this video instead: http://www.amazon.com/Creating-Flexibility-through-Qigong/dp/B000MVHJY2

14.9 $ for digital purchase.

I think it mentioned nei kung somewhere in the description, it is 56 minutes any way. I tried the swaying hands movement in the beginning and it's nice, did not watch the rest yet.

Edited by Desert Eagle
  • Like 1

Wow. That's about as clueless as it gets. High marks for presumption as well.

Yes :blush:

I strongly suggest "The way of Power" and "The way of energy" by Lam Kam Chuen...

instead of this one.

I'm sorry for the autor of the "book of nei kung", but next time call it basic gymnastics which fits better.

Frank Rudolph Yung is another guy who presents much more effective exercise for

overall wellbeing.

But it's not nei kung please. Books of gymnastic...

Sign in to follow this