idiot_stimpy

The SPACE OF SPIRIT

Apparently the space of spirit is directly between and behind the eyes.

Now when I touch the space of spirit I can feel the lower dantian go completely relaxed. I originally thought I was pushing the awareness to outside of the body but it was actually going into the space behind the eyes. When touched I find it very easy to stay in no mind, where no thoughts arise.

I'm interested if anyone else has experience this.

Now when I touch the space of spirit I can feel the lower dantian go completely relaxed. I originally thought I was pushing the awareness to outside of the body but it was actually going into the space behind the eyes. When touched I find it very easy to stay in no mind, where no thoughts arise.

i use the MMM sound to vibrate the brain, down through the corpus calosum<sp> and as i stop MMMing, the last place that stops vibrating is the spot youre talking about, by any name.

i do shen cultivation, but i haven't directed the shen to the seat of spirit in the head. I just let it radiate outward from the point i focus on it originally, which can be either the middle dantian or the yellow court at the solar plexus. I actually get more sensational results at the MDT but do it at the yellow court because the heart is really sensitive and its just one less thing to worry about, bringing my qi to an area that near my heart.

Anyway, do be careful with energy and focus of attention in the head. Wasn't it you who said you had too much of it and should you be cycling it down with the microcosmic orbit? I replied, but i forget who posted it! oops

i use the MMM sound to vibrate the brain, down through the corpus calosum<sp> and as i stop MMMing, the last place that stops vibrating is the spot youre talking about, by any name.

i do shen cultivation, but i haven't directed the shen to the seat of spirit in the head. I just let it radiate outward from the point i focus on it originally, which can be either the middle dantian or the yellow court at the solar plexus. I actually get more sensational results at the MDT but do it at the yellow court because the heart is really sensitive and its just one less thing to worry about, bringing my qi to an area that near my heart.

Anyway, do be careful with energy and focus of attention in the head. Wasn't it you who said you had too much of it and should you be cycling it down with the microcosmic orbit? I replied, but i forget who posted it! oops

I'm not sure if its too much, its just a pressure inside, no pain or anything. Walking meditation becomes very easy when touching the space behind the eyes. The back arches up and the body feels light. Its amazing that resting your attention on this spot can have such powerful results.

Edited by jconnar

what does the space behind your eyes feel like when you touch it? :lol: how do you touch the space behind your eyes?

It doesn't feel like anything. It feels like nothing. How does one touch it when one can't feel it. Well thats a hard one, but I can only suggested moving your attention there. If you hit the mark and the whole body relaxes then I would say its there. The body relaxing is not the goal, but resting the attention in the nothing is.

I also thought I was pushing the attention outside of the body, but I have found resting the attention behind the eyes has the same result. Resting the attention on the formless instead the that which has form.

Edited by jconnar

he's right, it really doesn't feel like anything. Its pure yin, or the yin within the yang of the UDT, so its just receptive. In the body its the black dot of the yin yang symbol.

In the belly you can feel a point that feels like a starburst just erupting in all directions continuously, and that is the center of gravity, the exact (i mean exact) middle of the LDT. Its yang within yin, so it feels like something for sure, like a perpetual little explosion, except slow, like you were watching a perpetual explosion in slow motion.. hard to describe. It took me a while to find it but when i did i was like "oh. Thats it."

But the upper one really is only known by its effects, it has no feeling to me.

Edited by anamatva
  • Like 1

In the belly you can feel a point that feels like a starburst just erupting in all directions continuously, and that is the center of gravity, the exact (i mean exact) middle of the LDT. Its yang within yin, so it feels like something for sure, like a perpetual little explosion, except slow, like you were watching a perpetual explosion in slow motion.. hard to describe. It took me a while to find it but when i did i was like "oh. Thats it."

Very interesting. I have felt weird things in this area. What would be the benefit of focusing on the LDT? For me, focusing on the UDT brings huge benefit into the life. From my feeling, it seems a lot of energy is held in the LDT, but when the UDT is touched that energy goes silky smooth.

What you have touched can be, from what I understand, crucial. I am sorry to say that I lack the experience to speak much further, other than to say this: I have been told that guidance is necessary when working with this region. Bruce Frantzis also writes as much.

the benefit of focusing on the LDT depends on what you want to accomplish, or the intent that accompanies your focus.

both points are used in embryonic breathing, as is taught by Yang Jwing Ming. the essence of them can be brought to the middle dan tien like drops, and intermingled in order to fuse yin and yang within the body. But both of those require guidance and proper instruction in order to be successful.

I don't bring it up because theres a lot you can do with it now, just because its the yang pair to the yin point you are exploring. I find that being aware of both at once is very powerful. And finding the center of your LDT is just a really cool feeling and a good self-awareness exercise.

I find that being aware of both at once is very powerful.

Yes this thought did cross my mind. It seems to bring the energy into the MDT. However when I do reverse breathing, I seem to get a lot of heat in the MDT.

I'm not sure if its the same as embryonic breathing, but it feels like the air is coming from the bottom up, instead of the air coming from the top then down, when the breath is taken in.

Edited by jconnar

I have been told that guidance is necessary when working with this region.

Unfortunately I just have books and the internet coupled with a lot of experimentation during non-dual meditation. I do believe the universe finds ways of teaching you, as life becomes your greatest teacher, you just have to be open to take notice.

lots of heat in the MDT is not a good thing. Please be careful. I recommend Dr Yang Jwing Ming's book Qigong Meditation: Embryonic Breathing, and i recommend finding a teacher.

The bodies spiritual and energetic circuitry is a delicate matrix, and you can do harm to yourself even though you mean well and you think the cosmos is guiding you.

There are some teachers who will skype with you if you can't find a teacher in your area. You can network with them via this forum if you like. Just start a post and you'll probably get multiple recommendations.

heres Dr YJM's book on amazon

Yes the original cavity of the spirit is said to be at that location. But you can't physically "touch" it, so what do you mean?

It is referencing the Pineal Gland.

Edited by Informer

Yes the original cavity of the spirit is said to be at that location. But you can't physically "touch" it, so what do you mean?

It is referencing the Pineal Gland.

The attention seems to touch it. I think you know you have touched it when you feel like you have touched nothing. The breathing seems to slow right down and nearly stop.

What is this intention, what is it arising in? Sink it to your chest and practice metta, if you choose to proceed, (imo)

If there seems to be some sort of inability then try to explain it.

metta is not necessarily what it is, what it is is for you to articulate, yet it is a good pointer.

"This traditional approach is best known for identifying successive stages of meditation during which one progressively cultivates loving-kindness towards:

oneself[15]

a good friend[16]

a "neutral" person

a difficult person[17]

all four of the above equally[18][19]

and then gradually the entire universe[20]

One should avoid choosing someone to whom one is sexually attracted or who is dead.[21] For a "neutral" person, choose someone that you might come into contact with every day, but who does not give rise to strong positive nor strong negative emotions. For a "difficult" person, traditionally choose an enemy, but avoid choosing a person who has just wrecked your life, unless you are very well grounded in awareness."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mett%C4%81

Edited by Informer

Interesting.

So you have an intent to, but don't try to express loving-kindness?

If I understand right, you take it from the space behind the eyes and bring it to the chest.

It sorta depends if there can be doing without thinking and then doing.

It is not the space per-say, it is awareness or spirit even. What to call it is for you to determine, yet you may need more to go on before determining.

Edited by Informer

It sorta depends if there can be doing without thinking and then doing.

It is not the space per-say, it is awareness or spirit even. What to call it is for you to determine, yet you may need more to go on before determining.

Is doing without thinking, wu-wei?

No I don't think so. I have felt intense fire and heat there, without any pain. I have concentrated on it before and felt a lot of energy release which feels a lot different to the fire. But in terms of actually moving into it, I don't think so.

The weird thing is, this fire has started in the heart without even concentrating on it.

I don't know much about this stuff. I just got recently interested in it as most of the time I look at non-dual meditation.

Maybe you could try to practice metta to touch it. It is actually higher in relative location to the fire (solar plexus) or should be.

Your experience seems to be slightly differently ordered than mine was, however it is an aspect of being needing to be discovered right?

Maybe one day you will learn to juggle them. :D

Its seems though that this fire seems to be directly between the lungs in the thymus gland.

A year or so ago when I first experienced it I got very worried that I was going to spontaneously combust, that's how much heat was felt, like a real fire in the chest. However there was no pain at all. I have learnt to surrender to it as its just a side effect of the meditation.

I am still unsure about this metta, I have never heard of it before, so I need to research more into it. Looking at wiki it seems like loving without clinging.

Recently I fell in love with this girl. So much so I was starting to suffer because of this attachment. In the end I surrendered to loving her without conditions. This was hard to let go, but she taught me a very valuable life lesson. Truly unconditional love without expecting anything in return.