Sign in to follow this  
AЯAB

Iodine

Just got myself some iodine drops today. I took about 1mg(10 drops) I feel AWESOME! I got it to help remove fluoride from my system to some degree but this affect of feeling amazing is pretty cool haha.

WOOT WOOT!

10 drops seems like way too many. 4 drops for 1 liter of water for the solution I have.(is it lugols and what %?)

The idiode/iodine doesn't get the fluoride out of your body, it only breaks it up, you need like chlorella to carry it from your system, or it will re-calcify.

yeah ten drops is too much unless you have some radiation exposure.

also make sure there is no drain cleaner and/or ammonia nitrate in your dwelling.

not joking either.:wub: :wub:

• Like 1

ARAB,

Hey! That Iodine really made you feel that good? I am taking Chlorella to take out heavy metals but hadn't heard of Iodine or it's uses, before. :o

If you ever go packing and have to get your own water from streams or rivers, Iodide/iodine can be used to kill the bacteria and other microbes that may be present. It is pretty much a must for any bug-out bag/survival kit.

• Like 1

I'll repost from the "supplements" thread:

yeah, iodine is awesome. I used to take kelp capsules in the morning. Would show up to early meetings bright eyed and bushy tailed. Just don't overdo it as you might end up with thyroid complications. I'd suggest only taking it once per day and skip weekends. It's not something to take continuously for ever as it can seriously imbalance you.

Adding to the above, kelp is even better since it has the iodine plus many essential minerals to make it all work better. But again, be very cautious you don't end up having to take radioactive medicine (I'm not kidding, the medicine is actually radioactive) to combat thyroid dysfunction!! I wouldn't take it more than once in a while unless it's been suggested by a qualified naturopath with a more specific dosage and timeline.

The reason you feel better is that it increases thyroid function which plays a central role in the body metabolism and distribution of hormones and things. This balance is very delicate, and an overactive thyroid is not easy to treat, as alluded to above.

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

Adding to the above, kelp is even better since it has the iodine plus many essential minerals to make it all work better.

Do you think a combination of Kelp, Spirulina, and Chlorella is over doing it? I've been doing a bit of research online but can't seem to find a straight forward answer.

At the moment I currently take my fair share of both spirulina as well as chlorella but this thread has peaked my interest about iodine and it's effects not only on the thyroid but also on it's effectiveness at breaking down the fluoride build up.

If you don't mind me asking Harmonious, what was/is your regiment as far as taking kelp?

Do you think a combination of Kelp, Spirulina, and Chlorella is over doing it? I've been doing a bit of research online but can't seem to find a straight forward answer.

At the moment I currently take my fair share of both spirulina as well as chlorella but this thread has peaked my interest about iodine and it's effects not only on the thyroid but also on it's effectiveness at breaking down the fluoride build up.

If you don't mind me asking Harmonious, what was/is your regiment as far as taking kelp?

I think you will get all you need from the Spirulina and Chlorella. Spirulina appears to be at least as high in iodine as kelp.

To rid the body of radioactive pollution, it's recommended to take a variety of seaweeds. So it would be good to alternate between spirulina and kelp, but not to take them both at the same time since they are both quite high in iodine.

Chlorella appears to have an insignificant amount of iodine, but a tad nonetheless.

So between the two you are taking I would certainly not increase my iodine intake intentionally.

The initial feeling after starting to take iodine will become normal with or without taking the supplements at which time it is best to only take them once in a while like maybe a couple of times a week.

My approach to supplements is that they are basically food though they are very good for you. So if you eat beans every single day it can eventually be not so good. As Taoists say "not too much." We need to have variety in our diets.

So once your body is brought up to a good function from the supplements I would taper the use down to a couple times a week and maybe more for particular occasions. Even when starting a new supplement, I don't think it's good to take them every day (prescriptions are a different story) in the same way eating the same fruit or vegetable every day is not so good. There may be exceptions to this where you should take it every day, like maybe for ginko, but in general I find this way better for the body to incorporate the nutrients with each other and help the body build the momentum to do all of this on its own.

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

I think you will get all you need from the Spirulina and Chlorella. Spirulina appears to be at least as high in iodine as kelp.

Thanks for the quick and informative response Harmonious, much appreciated! :)

thanks for the replies. Yeah I downed the dosage(1-5drops) and I wont be taking it everyday thanks for that.

The label says "Vegetable Iodine Drops" , ingredients are: iodine(potassium iodide) colloidal, derived from Kelp and Seaweed. I went to check out some chrolella today, man that shit is expensive XD.

Oh yeah I also found out the hard way that too much goji berries gives you diarrhea hahaha :P

thanks for the replies. Yeah I downed the dosage(1-5drops) and I wont be taking it everyday thanks for that.

The label says "Vegetable Iodine Drops" , ingredients are: iodine(potassium iodide) colloidal, derived from Kelp and Seaweed. I went to check out some chrolella today, man that shit is expensive XD.

Oh yeah I also found out the hard way that too much goji berries gives you diarrhea hahaha tongue.gif

about a small palmful of gogis is all you need or about a pound a month, taken each day and not all at once.

chrolella is expensive?

then i wont mention what all i take

Sign in to follow this