Sign in to follow this  
Taiji Bum

This is my path.

wow - that's facinating! It must've taken loads of dedication and trust to get to this point... who's your teacher? (or at least what's the system?)

How do you feel different than you did 13 years ago?

anyhoo - welcome! :)

Thanks for the welcome Freeform.

My teacher was John Wang, Wong and sometimes he spelled it Huang. Odd guy, but really good at Taijiquan.

I honestly dont feel any different now than I did then except older. I know more but thats about it.

I started the Alchemy to stop the spontaneous out-of-body-experiences I was having. It stopped them but then I decided to ride out the Alchemy to the end. I did the Army thing for a few years so I am no stranger to discipline.

I figured I would feel better if I failed at the Alchemy than if I got married and never knew if it was possible. I just imagined lying on my deathbed and wondering if I could have pulled it off.

One thing I noticed that is different between your alchemical practice and the ones I've come into contact with is to do with the organs and their respective shen/elements/phases. Did you do any elemental work with your organs (purifying, creation cycle, opening the 8 extra channels, fusing a single pearl etc.)?

Another thing I noticed is that the way you describe your alchemical practice it seems the timing is very much part of it... that's something new to me... it almost sounds like a recipe for a delicious meal :lol:

I'm looking forward to your contributions in the forum :)

btw - do check out www.alchemicaltaoism.com It's a site created by one of our very own Tao Bums and details many refinements and ideas gleaned from the Taoist internal alchemy community (mostly the Healing Tao crew).

Yeah, timing is a big deal only insofar as confirmatory signs go. It is kinda like puberty in that it usually happens to most healthy people in the same general way at the same general time. Some people are really close to the general timing like me and some aren't. It should happen that the alchemist practices his/her timing in a natural way so that the transition from mantra into meditation with form transitions smoothly into meditation without form.

I have never done the elemental work with my organs. I have seen it in books but since my teacher didn't show it to me I didn't want to mess anything up that I am doing.

I'll check out that site. Whats your personal practice?

I'll check out that site. Whats your personal practice?

I'm personnally right at the beginning stages of alchemy... let's say the preparatory stages... delving into the depths of the body, getting my tendons/facia supple, clearing out blockages and inbalances, getting in contact with the organs and their respective energies and spinning the microcosmic orbit... I also do what some would term mental practices - clearing the ego and discovering the hidden 'dark parts' so that they can be transformed...

I'm loosley following the Healing Tao protocol for alchemy, but taking it much slower than many do... This approach involves really getting into contact with the elements, it's a really fundamental part - I'm surprised your teacher didn't mention it.

You can have a look at Michael Winn's site for a general outline of the HT protocol. (ignore the marketing hype :rolleyes: - it can really give one the completely wrong impression).

Thanks for the welcome Freeform.

I honestly dont feel any different now than I did then except older. I know more but thats about it.

Darin,

That is a pretty inspiring.

You don't feel calmer, more integrated, wiser, cleaner? Assuming I undertand correctly, you have:

1. Revitalized your jing and converted jing into qi. Doesn't this make you feel more vital, stronger, alive, vivid?

2. Converted your qi into shen. Doesn't this make you more clear, aware, awake, lucid?

3. Converted shen into kong. Empty?

How did you keep from nocturnal emissions?

Edited by forestofsouls

A happy Hi, Darin,

I am curious as to how many hours a day your practice was meant to be and if your teacher ever told you what comes after the alchemy part?

with Smiles

Harry

One Zen story I've heard in identical form from Zen and Kabbalistic camps is:

The master has finally said that long time disciple Josh is enlightened. All the student gather around him and ask, "What is it like? How do you feel?"

Josh says, "Miserable as ever".

Must say I don't understand it. Though after a year or two of contemplation I understand this one: Above the gates of enlightenment is a sign, Abandon all Hope, Yee Who Enter. (from a Glenn Morris book).

Glad your here. Your comments and experience are welcome.

Michael

I'm loosley following the Healing Tao protocol for alchemy, but taking it much slower than many do... This approach involves really getting into contact with the elements, it's a really fundamental part - I'm surprised your teacher didn't mention it.

There are a lot of differing theories on Taoist alchemy. The only time he mentioned the 5 elements was in regards to the footwork in taijiquan. I think he figured practicing tai Chi would balance out the mistakes made in alchemy.

So are people here anal about how to spell things relating to taijiquan vs Tai Chi vs tai chi chuan? Dao vs Tao?

So are people here anal about how to spell things relating to taijiquan vs Tai Chi vs tai chi chuan? Dao vs Tao?

Nope :D

thelerner Posted Today, 02:40 PM

One Zen story I've heard in identical form from Zen and Kabbalistic camps is:

The master has finally said that long time disciple Josh is enlightened. All the student gather around him and ask, "What is it like? How do you feel?"

Josh says, "Miserable as ever".

Must say I don't understand it. Though after a year or two of contemplation I understand this one: Above the gates of enlightenment is a sign, Abandon all Hope, Yee Who Enter. (from a Glenn Morris book).

Glad your here. Your comments and experience are welcome.

Michael

One of the things that keeps me going smiling is Buddha's saying that life is suffering and the Sufi one that the more "awake" you are the more miserable you are. That always makes me laugh. :lol:

Edited by DarinHamel

Drat! 2006 passed and nothing, nada, zippo! Maybe my calculations were off? Maybe I did something wrong? All I can think of was that the stage beginning the nine years was in 1999 and not 1997. Different sources give different confirmatory signs and time limits.

I am going to have to read Taoist Yoga by Charles Luk again. I think most of the problem with Taoist alchemy is that it is second hand writings in archaic Chinese translated into English by low level alchemists if alchemists at all.

On the upside since I joined this site I have had two raises and a promotion at work. So my life doesn't totally suck.

Oh, look I joined just before I failed. What this thread fails to mention is that I spent the week of Nov 5th, my birthday sick in bed with the mid-life crisis and the alchemy failure doldrums.

I did buy a Charger as a consolation prize. :lol:

Since then I got fat, lazy and a little bitter. But now I have my second wind and I am undergoing a re-fit of my spirit to my body. Good times....

To all those who read this and dont see a reason to join because you can see our discussion area, you really should anyway. Most of us keep practice journals and you cant read them unless you join and post a little into. After that your in like Flint.

Funny Mal...... :rolleyes:

Edit: Update... still not immortal but I still have the Charger and I am shopping for a new one. Work is still good and I have a wonderful girlfriend (still no sex) and life is much better. I am still trying to figure out what went wrong.

Edited by DarinHamel

Funny Mal...... :rolleyes:

Edit: Update... still not immortal but I still have the Charger and I am shopping for a new one. Work is still good and I have a wonderful girlfriend (still no sex) and life is much better. I am still trying to figure out what went wrong.

Heeheehee, Thats great! Welcome kido!

...glad you are still here! Don't fly away and leave us all lonly and stuff?

Will you? Dude? That would probably suck,LOL. ;)

I think I mentioned in my first reply or so that you look like a freind,

I've enjoyed your friendship up here, been nice to meet you!

But kid? Is it me or does something sound just not right about this???

"...work is still good... I have a wonderful girlfriend... Life is much better

...still trying to figure out what went wrong."

Is it just me??? Sure sounds like things went pretty right?

Maybe you just needed a good woman to help you assend?

Most things happen when the timing is right, not when we think the timing is right, hmmm?

Stay sweet and have fun with it all, I bet you might just be learning some things you had never dreamed of, LOL!

See ya, shon

*sorry for any bad spelling' or shloppy typping!

Hey Shon,

I'm not immortal and I dont feel like I am going to ascend anytime soon and that was my goal...... this girl is something special though..... I dont think I could ascend without her.... but she's such an angel that she'll probably ascend BEFORE ME! LOL

Darin

Darin,

If at first you don't succeed, blame the book! :lol:

Welcome to taobums!

Your pal,

Yoda

Hey Shon,

I'm not immortal and I dont feel like I am going to ascend anytime soon and that was my goal...... this girl is something special though..... I dont think I could ascend without her.... but she's such an angel that she'll probably ascend BEFORE ME! LOL

Darin

"I'm not immortal..." yet :D

"...she'll probably ascend BEFORE ME!" Good to have someone to show the way!

Darin,

If at first you don't succeed, blame the book! :lol:

Welcome to taobums!

Your pal,

Yoda

.....stooopid book...... :angry:

Sign in to follow this