KarthusMeanor

Are you profitable?

How much is one worth? How does one determine the value of life? Or the value of any life?

There are so many people out to make a quick buck, it is often to determine what is real and what is just being peddled off. Why does info even = money ever? We create walls to barricade ourselves in a divisive manner, perpetuating unknowing while condoning the cacophony that is belief.

Get a clue people.

If you want something and others want or need it and it is difficult to attain then it valuable in the eyes of society. By bargaining with others is to find out how much the other want or need to give or take.

Indeed there are things which are a bit crazy like giving Beyonce 300 Million for

a show. Say are 10Millions not enough? Do one eat so much worth of 10 Millions.

And 300 Millions? Well its good for Botox to freeze the face and make a new bossom

to have greater back pain when wearing these high heels and buying a new yacht.

This amounts are insane. There should be an upper limit for money value.

• Like 1

Something interesting about Karma is that even malicious intent that fails still bring ramifications even thought it does not affect or effect the one it was directed towards.

One of my teachers in school is a Jain nun and i remember her say that in Jainism even if an ascetic is attacked he won't fight back because he values his spiritual evolution more than his physical body...if he fights back he will just accrue bad karma...he rather die and be reborn with a better chance for self-realization.

They are looking at a bigger life-time after lifetime picture and therefore prescribe value a lot differently than most people.

What is valuable is relative to the individual.

Edited by OldGreen

One of my teachers in school is a Jain nun and i remember her say that in Jainism even if an ascetic is attacked he won't fight back because he values his spiritual evolution more than his physical body...if he fights back he will just accrue bad karma...he rather die and be reborn with a better chance for self-realization.

Rumi says "What strikes the oyster shell does not damage the pearl".

Me says: "I never seen a oyster able to run away..."

They are looking at a bigger life-time after lifetime picture and therefore prescribe value a lot differently than most people.

What is valuable is relative to the individual.

Jainism is really cool. As far as I can tell it's the least hypocritical of the so called "right-handed" spiritual paths. I really respect it for this reason.

It's actually surprising to me that it's even been able to survive in this inherently competitive world of ours.

Profitable to private or public interests?

I didn't work on the numbers but I thought they might include:

Public

- taxes raised minus burden on public services

- x lifespan and degradation factor (mental and physical health)

- x child producing factor

- x child education/raising factor

Private

- interest raised on loans (like mortgages and credit)

- profits on purchases of services and goods

- product advertising to others (word of mouth)

I'm sure those numbers are already out there. I do wonder whether I have been deemed profitable or not and by whom exactly.

I'd like to consider value as something else. Can't buy all of it, like good health for example but can buy some contributing factors, like food for example. Does that mean profits should or shouldn't be made on things that contribute to value?

My value is equal to the quality of life that i am able to improve over time.

I'll give you a figure after im dead.

I agree these are two different (although hideously enmeshed at present IMO/IME) things. Value and Money = different.

---opinion alert---

Anyway, I thought I'd mention the numbers because they are out there and they seem to have quite some influence on what people can or cannot achieve in this lifetime. If you start with 'education' for example. To whom does 'chemistry' belong? Yeah I'm in a mood to beg the question a la Mitt or whoever does that. The answer is 'no-one'. So why are students being asked insane $$$ to get taught it?