Niklas

Yellow Bamboo nei kung

Hey,

Does anyone know about the Yellow Bamboo neigong? A practice from Indonesia, Bali. Is it worth to try it? Is it genuine?

same as what is shown in these videos?

And all the related videos on youtube...

At first I thought it might have been real because the camera is crappy and it's not all commercialized. My friend says the Yellow Bamboo stuff is fake.

Though I'm interested in Silat mainly because my friend tells me that much of the influences in Silat comes from the kung fu pre-shaolin times.

same as what is shown in these videos?

And all the related videos on youtube...

At first I thought it might have been real because the camera is crappy and it's not all commercialized. My friend says the Yellow Bamboo stuff is fake.

Though I'm interested in Silat mainly because my friend tells me that much of the influences in Silat comes from the kung fu pre-shaolin times.

Yes, but Silat has become a lot of sport it seems...

I'm actually looking for a neigong meditation practice that builds up your yang energy a lot and makes you stronger from the inside. Stronger = healthier

Edited by Niklas

I'm actually looking for a neigong meditation practice that builds up your yang energy a lot and makes you stronger from the inside. Stronger = healthier

I've been told by a number of 'wise' people, including Bruce Frantzis, that the Xing Yi San Ti posture, when done correctly, is the most powerful Yang building posture of all. It should be done with 90/10 or 100/0 weight distribution over the back leg. Its damn hard, but it does build Yang.

I've been told by a number of 'wise' people, including Bruce Frantzis, that the Xing Yi San Ti posture, when done correctly, is the most powerful Yang building posture of all. It should be done with 90/10 or 100/0 weight distribution over the back leg. Its damn hard, but it does build Yang.

*cough*

Not necessarily so. It depends on style/lineage.

Most Hebei is 60/40 or 70/30 back weighted with a straight spine, while Shanxi is more 50/50 with a small forward lean from the waist.

The more back weighted stances develop leg strength/power. The 50/50 develops an equal capacity for speedy advancing and retreating, should a combat situation arise.

Not necessarily so. It depends on style/lineage.

Most Hebei is 60/40 or 70/30 back weighted with a straight spine, while Shanxi is more 50/50 with a small forward lean from the waist.

The more back weighted stances develop leg strength/power. The 50/50 develops an equal capacity for speedy advancing and retreating, should a combat situation arise.

Absolutely !

Although a number of sources told me, the 100/0 back leg weighting was partly why it was such a Yang generating form, which is why I mentioned it to the OP. I think this weighting leads to a very 'forward moving' and aggressive style.

But I have also practiced Hebei style too, which feels very different, and is equally valid as a form.

Just the name, Yellow Bamboo, seemed to tell me to stay away. Then I realized why -- yellow bamboo is sick and dying, lol. Why would they name their nei kung school sick-and-dying-bamboo? I guess yellow is lucky, and bamboo is lucky, but... maybe the bamboo absorbed the bad luck and kept the dubious business going!

• Like 1