Sign in to follow this  
skydog

People believe what they want to believe, what benefits them. How do your beliefs benefit you.

When it comes to politics, education, music, friendships, relationships, religion, spiritual practices, life..

How are your beliefs, the ones that benefit you the most, make you feel the most secure, happy etc..

People believe in what they think they want to believe

Now tell me what is better!

Coca-Cola-Pepsi.jpg

I like the coke better...:)

• Like 1

When it comes to politics, education, music, friendships, relationships, religion, spiritual practices, life..

How are your beliefs, the ones that benefit you the most, make you feel the most secure, happy etc..

I believe I am sad and ugly, tired, weak and unworthy! :(

when it comes to politics, I believe I don't know much and don't care much.

when it comes to education, I believe it is boring.

when it comes to music, I believe I am worthless at my artistic efforts.

When it comes to friendship, I believe I hate people(mostly myself)

When it comes to religion, I believe I'm too tired to read all the books.

When it comes to spiritual practices, I believe I feel tired.

when it comes to life, I believe its sad.

Maybe tomorrow I'll change the believes, but today, I believe I'm too tired to change them.

Tomorrow I'll be too happy to go to sleep. :lol:

Damnit, just the thought of it made me happy. Now I failed at being sad! :angry:

Cool, I'm angry again :lol:

Ugh!

Haha! yay!

Nooo! why?!?!

Lol

darn it...

roflmao

stop it! *slaps self*

I hate myself!

hehe, thats more like it.

No!

xD

etc...

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

I like the coke better...:)

Check this out! Coca Cola is actually an Arabic word, if you look at it from inside the window, where the logo is reversed. check the video at 1:35

:mellow:

I believe I am sad and ugly, tired, weak and unworthy! :(

when it comes to politics, I believe I don't know much and don't care much.

when it comes to education, I believe it is boring.

when it comes to music, I believe I am worthless at my artistic efforts.

When it comes to friendship, I believe I hate people(mostly myself)

When it comes to religion, I believe I'm too tired to read all the books.

When it comes to spiritual practices, I believe I feel tired.

when it comes to life, I believe its sad.

Maybe tomorrow I'll change the believes, but today, I believe I'm too tired to change them.

Tomorrow I'll be too happy to go to sleep. :lol:

Damnit, just the thought of it made me happy. Now I failed at being sad! :angry:

Cool, I'm angry again :lol:

Ugh!

Haha! yay!

Nooo! why?!?!

Lol

darn it...

roflmao

stop it! *slaps self*

I hate myself!

hehe, thats more like it.

No!

xD

etc...

haha very honest I like it

Ill go

politics- I think its stupid, run by businessmen who want the interest of profit, knowledge and materialism at the cost of helping everyone, basically controls other people with lies (This benefits me at the moment)

education- I think some things are cool to learn but most of school is crap, you learn more on the internet (this benefits me to think this way)

music- I like gangster rap, some people say I shouldnt, but I do lol, I like the expressiveness, anger, self esteem, honesty, dark side, coolness, I like some santana, I like to dance to music, I dont like love songs (This benefits me to think this way)

friendship- I think I prefer to have a few good friends who I can trust and be myself around than millions of fake ones who put you down for their own ego, I believe if you are more valuable/confident/more status people warm up to you, i believe it changes like everything, I believe its possible to make anyone your friend,

religion- I think its good in some ways, but a big form of control, dogma, fear, shame, guilt (Im not religious so it benefits me to think this way)

spiritual practices- I do what I feel like, I often set goals for the day but cant be bothered..

life- I believe that its great, you can achieve what you want, and it is how you think about it..

I believe I should keep these beliefs as they serve me, but then I think it is bad to keep beliefs, but then I think that you should not allow or resist beliefs, but then i dont care and cant be bothered to think about it, but then I realised how most of the beliefs or attachments to beliefs I have are based on the needs I think I should have and what I think I need and what i think would help me achieve those things, and who i think I am, and how this would make me feel, but then i think im thinking too much, but then i think i dont care.

My beliefs make me into a person, they give me a unique personality.

I try to disobey them as much as possible, but never diss them.

The most beneficial trick seems to be to adopt a larger more universal persona and benefits are superb ,becouse they are in tune and satisfied .

• Like 2

My beliefs make me into a person, they give me a unique personality.

I try to disobey them as much as possible, but never diss them.

The most beneficial trick seems to be to adopt a larger more universal persona and benefits are superb ,becouse they are in tune and satisfied .

Really? And I wrote a huge paper here on the forum about how beliefs don't make a person and don't have anything to do with a unique personality, that's funny :lol:

Where is what you wrote?

What is individuality for you? If you dont believe than there is no 'you'as an individual Sinfest.

Edited by suninmyeyes

I have read that post you gave the link to and didnt notice anything of you saying about beliefs.

What I believe in ,differs to what you and everyone else believes, everyone is a special combination of beliefs . Beliefs can be a product of many things and produce many things.

Anyway I liked reading your link , it seems that coming to Canada was difficult for you. Not to go too much off topic I just want to say that I appricate your presence here in our comunity. Keep on horsestancing!

Edited by suninmyeyes

That's the "so much text that the point gets lost" part :D

In shorter form it would be just me noticing my soul and watching as all the beliefs fly by and the reasons behind the beliefs. If I was born in space there would be one important part that stays the same and that changes things and blah blah

Beliefs in there would be one of the layers I mentioned, trying to make a point without directly pointing at it :lol:

Edited by Sinfest

I like to think of myself as a plant (no laughing please) that has grown as a result and in cooperation with its environment. An expression of life through form. What do I do when I realise my form limits me? Or does it?

Anyway, I believe that I can tell how fast a car is going and use that to cross the road safely. I believe I can tell when food is 'off' and not eat it. I believe I can't do anything about politics, big finance, big food, that sort of thing on any real scale except a very small individual one. I believe that i probably wouldn't know what all of my beliefs are until they get confronted. I think it's probably a better idea to deal with them as they arise. I believe it's possibly utopian to reach a point where one has no belefs at all, but it sounds attractive.

These days I'm trying to hold on to my beliefs gently, not take them too seriously. For better or worse I'm less interested in truth (a concept lauded by the ego) and more interested in what is the best predictive model.

I like to think of myself as a plant (no laughing please) that has grown as a result and in cooperation with its environment.

Me too , I like to think of myself more like a plant. B)

Cool stuff K.

@Sinfest If there were absolutley no beliefs than there would be no Sinfest watching the soul either. That is my belief.

Edited by suninmyeyes

I like to think of myself as an omniawesome god of awesome who's ego can incinerate the universe just by thinking about it.

I know better to really believe that though, since I can tell that I'm less then nothing in the face of the actual great things that whatever I do wont matter and so whatever happens doesn't matter either.

Some scientists get very sad when they think about how great the universe is and how small and not special they are in comparison. People get shy and impossible to function when they think that what they do is important to everyone around them. That stuff is not important since everyone around these people is thinking the same thing.

Realizing that no one cares is what freedom feels like. It's like a huge confidence boost that allows random Frenchman dress as a kangaroo and scare policemen around his neighborhood.

Edited by Sinfest

Belief does not benefit anyone, and least of all yourself.

Forget about what you think you know, find out what you really know and even can know.

Don't be a follower of people as they would have you be, be a frontiersman and make the discovery. 1 hour of application is greater than 1,000,000 hours of contemplation.

Belief does not benefit anyone, and least of all yourself.

Forget about what you think you know, find out what you really know and even can know.

Don't be a follower of people as they would have you be, be a frontiersman and make the discovery. 1 hour of application is greater than 1,000,000 hours of contemplation.

lol thanks for the words of wisdom :rolleyes: I didnt say having beliefs was good, just being aware of how people reject or accept beliefs depending on whether they think it will help them achieve the desires they think they want..In fact I think this is a good method to realise that beliefs are beliefs

lol thanks for the words of wisdom :rolleyes: I didnt say having beliefs was good, just being aware of how people reject or accept beliefs depending on whether they think it will help them achieve the desires they think they want..In fact I think this is a good method to realise that beliefs are beliefs

also I respectfully disagree one hour of contemplation as to your negating concepts/beliefs/ideas for example of time/myself/reasons why you want to meditate/things you dont like..is worth a lot more than 1 hour of inner smile for example..

The finer aspects of reality are not dependent upon your brains articulation. It does require trusting or thinking at all. May you one day come to a realization.

The finer aspects of reality are not dependent upon your brains articulation. It does require trusting or thinking at all. May you one day come to a realization.

lol at your patronising higher than thou comments..so what is zen koans or philosophy in taosim..etc..if you destroy your concepts or dont believe them when they come up, then you will barely have any emotions..I know this through experience also.. If your meditating for reasons of peace, power, love, control etc then those paradigms are in charge and you will always be in the future..maybe one day you will realise this

Sign in to follow this