Sign in to follow this  
Wanderer

Matt Furey - Chuang Shang de Gong Fu

Plato said it was not worth it. I've been happy with stuff I've gotten from him in the past, though.

Plato said it was not worth it.

That's putting it mildly. :lol:

Everybody likes Furey's "royal court" of body-weight exercises (hindu squats, hindu push-ups, bridging), though.

Probably not worth that amount, there are plenty of books that you could buy instead.

I have heard very good things about his Chinese life long health DVD though.

Probably not worth that amount, there are plenty of books that you could buy instead.

I have heard very good things about his Chinese life long health DVD though.

Really? I never heard any feedback on that course except by Furey saying how great it is. What have you heard? It's like $300 for 3 DVD's, isn't it?

Thanks guys, just curious though what Plato said about Chuang Shang de Gong Fu? I like Furey's stuff even if it's a little overpriced (IMO).

Thanks guys, just curious though what Plato said about Chuang Shang de Gong Fu? I like Furey's stuff even if it's a little overpriced (IMO).

Just curious..why do you like his stuff? He's a master marketer that's for darn sure. He'll sell you water from your own faucet..

Basically, he says that you should eat a lot of lamb, and have sex in funny positions and when you feel like you have to cum, just stop. He then triumphs that by frustrating a woman in this manner, you show her YOU are in charge and she will love you for it.

Can you imagine spending $300 to learn that?

I love Matt Furey, but this course is an insulting joke. Then again, anybody who got a mail-order bride has no business authoring courses on women and sex.

quote plato 'Basically, he says that you should eat a lot of lamb, and have sex in funny positions and when you feel like you'

Well thats better then having sex with a lamb and having to eat in a funny position. That kind of advice would be worth less. Though I'm sure Furey could make a good case for it :)

Michael

Well thats better then having sex with a lamb and having to eat in a funny position. That kind of advice would be worth less. Though I'm sure Furey could make a good case for it

Too funny! :lol:

Furey has been great at propagating the gospel of calisthenics, but there's no way I'd spend money on his already publicly available materials.

Ross is indeed The Boss, and I'm also partial to Pavel, despite all his marketing hype. The Pavel articles at Dragondoor.com on "Greasing the Groove" have really ushered in a paradigm shift for my thinking about fitness, and I've gotten phenomenal results by putting the principles into action.

PS

Anyone tried Bas Rutten's CD/DVD workout series? A lot of long-time combat athletes at sherdog.com say it's amazingly rigorous and effective, no matter what pace you follow.

Too funny! :lol:

Furey has been great at propagating the gospel of calisthenics, but there's no way I'd spend money on his already publicly available materials.

Ross is indeed The Boss, and I'm also partial to Pavel, despite all his marketing hype. The Pavel articles at Dragondoor.com on "Greasing the Groove" have really ushered in a paradigm shift for my thinking about fitness, and I've gotten phenomenal results by putting the principles into action.

PS

Anyone tried Bas Rutten's CD/DVD workout series? A lot of long-time combat athletes at sherdog.com say it's amazingly rigorous and effective, no matter what pace you follow.

The Bas workouts are awesome! If you have done boxing or kickboxing before you will love it,if not you need to be trained with proper technique first. He really pushes the pace calling out the combos and its an amazing cardio workout.

Thanks for that review, Cristoph! I'm making the transition from boxing back to kickboxing, plus I'm picking up some more jiu-jitsu classes, so the Bas workout series sounds right up my alley. Just curious, though--does he throw in any grappling-related skills, like falling and sprawling, or is it all strikes?

Well thats better then having sex with a lamb :)

Michael

Thanks Mike, I like a guy who doesn't bleat around the bush! :P

Just curious..why do you like his stuff? He's a master marketer that's for darn sure. He'll sell you water from your own faucet..

Agreed Thaddeus, Furey IS a master marketer, but I've gotten good results with his materials, especially last year when I seriously pulled a muscle in my back.

Edited by Wanderer

Peregrino

Cd 1-boxing with 2 0r 3 min rounds

cd 2-kickboxing with 2 or 3 min rounds

cd 3-all around fighting with sprawls and sit outs...2 or 3 min rounds

cd 4-all around workout with push ups, sit ups, mountain climbers, bridging ect.

DVD instructional.

With Bas calling the combos its very motivational.

It is more than worth the price which is modest for what you get unlike "Matt Furey's" material.

Peregrino

Cd 1-boxing with 2 0r 3 min rounds

cd 2-kickboxing with 2 or 3 min rounds

cd 3-all around fighting with sprawls and sit outs...2 or 3 min rounds

cd 4-all around workout with push ups, sit ups, mountain climbers, bridging ect.

DVD instructional.

With Bas calling the combos its very motivational.

It is more than worth the price which is modest for what you get unlike "Matt Furey's" material.

(Continuing to leave Matt Furey in the background of this thread, he he . . . )

Thanks, Christoph! I will definitely be making my appointments with the Bas series. The guy's one of my favorites in the MMA world . . . In fact, his scenes were my favorites in the Mark Kerr doc, _The Smashing Machine_.

Unfortunately, I took a hard hit to the ribs in my boxing class, and won't know if it's fractured or not until the X-Ray on Friday, so it looks like I'll have to lay off the training for a bit. Neither ice NOR heat was doing the trick, so I finally broke down and went to the doctor this morning. So now I must ask myself, WWBD? (What would Bas do?) :D

Sign in to follow this