Encephalon

New site for permaculture tips

Permies.com

I just discovered this permaculture website. It looks like a valuable resource for anyone contemplating the prospect of joining/creating a Taoist-oriented anarcho-syndicalist post-industrial permaculture community to get through the next bottleneck.Aren't all of you Taoist, anarcho-syndicalist post-industrial permaculturalists? :mellow:

I thought so. See you over by the mass heater.

Please post at will any new sites you find having to do with the themes of sustainability and permaculture,like thisand this.

Edited by Encephalon
  • Like 1

I've been waiting for this documentary to appear on youtube with English subtitles for about a year now. It's finally there, but without subtitles.

Think Global Act Rural (though a more direct translation would be Local Solutions for a Global Disorder)

The above linked part shows how organic farmers use the naturally occurring life in the soil to fertilize it and break it up, saving the need for fertilizers and even plowing! They also grow low lying plants which shade the soil, keeping water in the soil. These plants later die and fertilizing the soil!

Earlier it talks about how pesticides and tractors made up for the drop in industry after WWI. The pesiticides kill the life in the soil which then makes deep plowing necessary while also destroying the soil causing erosion.

thanks encephalon for the thread.

this humble anarcho/post industrial etc > next project is beekeeping.

sinfest & HE , good posts.

one of my uncle's buddies used to keep bees when I was younger - fresh honey is the best treat in the world :wub:

rocket stove, all about good air flow! I repaired the door on the stove in the garage before the season this year - its nice not to have to use a kickstand for the door anymore :lol:

Here is a couple of good links:

http://www.resilientcommunities.com/

Miiu

And one for those of you that like the big picture:

http://globalguerrillas.typepad.com/

John Robb is the guy behind all three sites. He's what a British friend of mine calls "rather bright." :)

Edit:

Bitcoin might have some good implications. To dial down in style I find a lot of inspiration at: www.earlyretirementextreme.com

Edited by Kris