Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Be well guys

I wanted to say goodbye to my friends here and say that I will be permenently signing off. I recently asked my teacher if he could write about a certain subject for Taobums and he politely has refrained. His feeling is peoples words get twisted here and the over all communication is negative.

I don't think, I know that there are many good people here. But seeing that is how my teacher feels it doesn't feel in alignment anymore for me to contribute.

I wish you guys the best in your practices and endeavors.

Cameron

• Like 1

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Haven't you been paying attention to how I was talking to people here?

I seem so ridiculous that no one wants to argue with me and when I say something smart, I'm a frigin genius

Also don't start a thread like this when I'm listening to a song named "Close the door behind me, I'm leaving"

That's just baaaaaaaaad taste :lol:

His feeling is peoples words get twisted here and the over all communication is negative.

Straighten them out yourself and make it positive. Bye bye.

• Like 1

Less time spent reading and writing means more time spent living and breathing.

It's been a pleasure, Cameron, although I have mostly been in the 'background' I have read much of what you have written. You've grown wiser. Long may it continue.

*bow*

James

• Like 1

I wanted to say goodbye to my friends here and say that I will be permenently signing off. I recently asked my teacher if he could write about a certain subject for Taobums and he politely has refrained. His feeling is peoples words get twisted here and the over all communication is negative.

I don't think, I know that there are many good people here. But seeing that is how my teacher feels it doesn't feel in alignment anymore for me to contribute.

Cameron

Take care Cam

h

thanks Cameron for your positive and insightful posts here

fare thee well

Edited by zerostao

His feeling is peoples words get twisted

I tend to agree...we can only strive to convey ourselves to the best of our ability. However, there is always some miss-interpretation. I wish you the best and will miss the level of insight and wisdom you bring to the forum.

-My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen
  • Like 3

Cameron

Your posts have always been positive and a joy to read.

Yes some people like to argue and come out on top

i ignore these - it is a good discipline for me

Go forth and prosper.

Wishing you eternal spring

BTW who is your teacher

See you in the sky sometime. Cheers as you continue your journey.

I saw you have been here since the first posts in 2004.

Why give up on us now?

Much Respect,

I'd add that a master's words carry weight and he does have a responsibility for them. We are so far from that level that our words, yours & mine, aren't as heavy. For better or worse we're not going to be quoted as experts in anything.

Our words are for fun and communication. I don't think you need the same concern for your words, though I can understand why his teaching would effect you to watch your tongue.

I will miss your presence here. More then your words, your willingness to travel to new places and learn new things, that has more weight and teaching then the words you've used.

Yours

Michael

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

Hi Cameron

We never really spoke much, but I appreciate you bringing your knowledge here for us. We all have to follow our heart, so I respect you doing what feels like the right thing to do. All the best to your path :)

Thanks for your kind words :)

Personally, I don't think you guys are negative. However, I do think the medium being used is extremely limited in it's scope and can be a very poor substitute for real human interactions.

I think it is good for some things but something definetly gets lost in translation trying to express ones deepest spiritual values over a computer screen. I am not saying it's bad. Just not the real thing.

In any case, I suspect Taobums will be around for awhile which is a good thing. I hope some good merit comes of it and it can actually be of some service to people and not a place to argue.

And if any bums are in Beijing drop me message I'll check in from time to time.

*bow*

Less time spent reading and writing means more time spent living and breathing.

I'd say less time on TTB = a more productive and enjoyable time living and breathing (at least IME) plus off topic is a good way to keep in touch with the "bums" while avoiding the pointless debates ;)

It was great to see you back Cam, your a great example of a modern practitioner searching for, finding, and changing their life for the better.

Keep powering on!

Cameron, real life is not much different than online interaction. An Internet forum is not a substitute for real life practice nor serves that specific purpose.

"We are what we think.

All that we are arises with our thoughts.

With our thoughts we make the world."

- Buddha (Dharmapada)

:)

... a good way to keep in touch with the "bums" while avoiding the pointless debates ;)

I can't remember ever having been in a pointless debate here at the "Bums".

• Like 3

I can't remember ever having been in a pointless debate here at the "Bums".

I often had to read threads in attempt to work out WTF was going on, many were totally pointless.. but I'll agree that I rarely saw you writing in them :P

Sinfest is on the right path, singing access a wider creative pallet that allows further communication of feelings and emotions that the typed word.

(p.s. I'd like to hear you sing :))

I like the singing idea :lol:

If you guys were here in Beijing we would go to K TV(singing room) have a few beers and sing the night away. And we would all get along very well I am sure.

Don't worry, the old timers know me well enough, you might see me back on in a year or two.

Ok, no more logging on lol for me haha

Sign in to follow this