sean

Merge the personal practice subforums?

Merge the personal practice subforums?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Yes, merge them all into one big PPD
    • No, please, I like the individual subforums
    • Don't care one way or the other

A recent topic about the Personal Practice Discussion forum got me thinking. Do we really still need all the dedicated subforums? The original reason we started that was to give members the ability to moderate their own private journal areas from unwanted posts, spam, etc. But we seem to be co-creating a pretty friendly TTB lately. The thing is, there are some problems with having dozens of subforums. For one it's a potential security risk to have so many people having moderator rights. Also, it's not a very scaleable approach at all. The forum has been getting more and more active and imagine there being 150 subforums there. Not to mention the fact that I have to create each one by hand which involves tweaking a few dozen security settings. I don't really mind the work itself, but I'm thinking it would make more sense to just have one main Personal Practice Discussion forum where fully registered member's can keep their own running topics about their various contemplative, yogic, etc. practices. No one would need to ask me to setup their own subforum, they could just create their own practice topic(s) whenever they wanted. And no topics would be lost in this merging process, obviously, they would all just get spilled into the main PPD.

So clearly I'm heavily leaning Yes. Any other thoughts?

Sean

Also like it how it is.

Being the neat freak I am, I like having the opportunity to keep my own space "clean" if need be.

I've moved a post there for that very reason once.

I agree with the ladies. If it's a hassle for you no big deal scrap it or take away 'moderator powers' but it's kind of nice to have a single thread where any practitioner can kind of keep track of what's going on in there own practice.

I guess the blog feature could also be used for this but it seems people into the personal practice forum like that format.

Again, if it's a hassle scrap it but I think otherwise best to leave it as it is.

Sign in to follow this