Sign in to follow this  
Protector

The Canadian Thread

what the hell, eh?

go get yer own, eh?

hahaha, eh?

i am just kiddin', eh?

they are in the cooler , eh? help yourself, eh?

have you , eh? got yer own bottle opener, eh?

Since there seems to be some interest, and I seem to be the only person born in Canada here, I guess I should mention some things:

1) the aboot-about accent is only heard on the East coast, though also often from First Nations people

2) Canadians are not all as polite as you might think, unless you go to Ottawa where people are so polite it freaks me out

3) Toronto is #1 or #2 in being the most multi-cultural city in the world, not so ironically, the area was originally known as "the meeting place" by First Nations people. This makes for excellent restaurants, but a bit of an identity crisis for the city which is also frequently used in movies to be "anywhere USA"

4) Montreal is #3 or something in the world for having the most bilingual people as pretty much every person in the service industry must speak both French and English.

5) We have socialized medicine and can get coverage for travelling. If a homeless person gets hit by a car and has no insurance, if he is a citizen he gets treatment. We can't imagine living in a country where this basic provision is only available to those who can afford it. If you go to a hospital in great pain they see you first, and there is no BS about old people not getting treatment because they are too old.

6) eh, Americans say eh too, no?

7) We drink beer in Canada. Even when we drink Budweiser we turn it into beer first at Canadian breweries before serving or consuming it.

8) Canadians used to scoff at abnoxious American patriotism, but are now so proud of their underdog country in comparison to the USA that they are at least as obnoxiously patriotic

9) We have provinces, not states, a Prime-Minister not a President.

10) The province of Quebec is French speaking. Though most people in Montreal also speak English, to expect them to is like expecting Californians to serve you in Spanish. Sorry, that's just the way it is. This may be a ploy to keep Anglophones away from all the hot women in Quebec.

11) Note to all red-state republicans: Canada is infested with rabid bears, it's -20 in the summer, the water is poisoned with um something, the air smells like mooses, and the Universities are all in French.

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness
  • Like 1

7) We drink beer in Canada. Even when we drink Budweiser we turn it into beer first at Canadian breweries before serving or consuming it.

Ok this has me interested. You turn Budweiser into beer? :lol:

Eh?

eh Harmonious, interesting stuff going on there, eh

my main interests would be the canadian beer , eh and the quebec women oo la la eh

eh Harmonious, interesting stuff going on there, eh

my main interests would be the canadian beer , eh and the quebec women oo la la eh

eh, yaah. Yu could get ulong greeeat with some a deh back wood folk that talk like dat fer suuure! You could even go moose hun'in er sum'm. Maybe ev'n up'n Calgeary (Calgary), er most'a the Eeast coast don'cha know!

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

So harmonious, how is british columbia?

Or the Yukon? :P

Those strike me as the first places to go. eh?

they're west coast end and all, and one is near Alaska, my ideal place in the usa is the only real competition.

So harmonious, how is british columbia?

Or the Yukon? :P

Those strike me as the first places to go. eh?

they're west coast end and all, and one is near Alaska, my ideal place in the usa is the only real competition.

I have yet to get to BC, though plan to this year. Vancouver is insanely expensive to live there, but awesome in many ways, very chill and friendly from what I hear, and of course beautiful all year round.

Yukon is deeeep territory man. I'm pretty sure I knew a few people that moved there (if it wasn't Saskatchewan) and had a really good time, but they were set up from the start, one guy working at a radio station.

If you like nature though, both places will deliver.

I live in Ottawa and the friendliness freaked me out, too. Even in high school where teenagers are supposed to be assholes they are nice. AND I KNOW WHY THEY ARE NICE!!!

Right there behind the parliament building, there is a bridge. You cross that bridge and all the signs turn French. Even traffic lights are different, on one side I saw a normal light I've seen everywhere and on the Quebec side, they turn into some freaky squares. So that side of the bridge is Quebec. You can take a bus and just walk there. When you finally get to that side... in Quebec... drinking age is 18.

!!!

• Like 1

Being a fellow Canadian, I feel like there is no longer such thing. It's impossible to call yourself a "Canadian" because now it is just a title like human. It is so multicultural here and I love it :D. As for the friendly part, there's friendly people everywhere and there is also the opposite. I've only been to Ottawa a couple times so I don't remember the friendliness scale there XD.

I feel like everyone should watch The Trailer Park Boys atleast once in there life. It's HILARIOUS! But don't watch it too much because you'll start talking like em and acting stupid haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etkarB72RbE

I feel like everyone should watch The Trailer Park Boys atleast once in there life. It's HILARIOUS! But don't watch it too much because you'll start talking like em and acting stupid haha.

That's called misunderstood genius actually :lol:

...the friendliness freaked me out, too. Even ...where teenagers are supposed to be assholes they are nice. AND I KNOW WHY THEY ARE NICE!!!

... in Quebec... drinking age is 18!!!

*nod of approval* That'll do it, that'll do it.

Good on them, getting it down to 16 will be a tough task though! :lol:

if i found a youtube video of canadian mounties on horses i wont know which thread to post it to?

Those are not horses, they are weapons mate :glare:

Want me to post the Lumberjack Song?

Sign in to follow this