konchog uma

Layayoga by Goswami

5171TB1BW6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Layayoga-Definitive-Guide-Chakras-Kundalini/dp/0892817666/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1328038119&sr=1-1

i stumbled upon this and have been really getting a lot out of it, although i am not far along yet. Has anyone else read this book, or Goswami? I can definitely say it has bettered my kuji-in practice, which is very chakra based, and my knowledge of kundalini, theoretically speaking.

Oh well, just wanted to pass it along! I highly recommend to anyone interested in chakras and kundalini from a yogic point of view.

:)

• Like 1

5171TB1BW6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co...28038119&sr=1-1

i stumbled upon this and have been really getting a lot out of it, although i am not far along yet. Has anyone else read this book, or Goswami? I can definitely say it has bettered my kuji-in practice, which is very chakra based, and my knowledge of kundalini, theoretically speaking.

Oh well, just wanted to pass it along! I highly recommend to anyone interested in chakras and kundalini from a yogic point of view.

THanks

Hi Anamatva :)

The book looks very good and will be a welcome addition to my library.

Thanks for that.

TI

you are most welcome... i am really learning a lot on every page. I hope you do too :)

yesterday i actually had my first kundalini experience. I was working with some techniques from the book, and long story short, before i knew it, my tailbone was "buzzing" sorta "humming" or vibrating with the cosmic electricity. I knew that it was the kundalini too, in the way that you just know things.

So i did a simple meditation with it, raising it chakra by chakra and letting it infuse and awaken (enlighten?! hehe)each center until i got to the crown chakra, where goswami says lives another kind of kundalini which must be awakened by raising the root kundalini to it. Well i haven't gotten that far in the book to know what to do with the crown kundalini, so i just let it all vibrate really blissfully for a while and then lowered the energy back to the root and put it back to sleep.

thats an official FKE (first kundalini experience) although it might not be, it was the first one i was sure of like "oh thats kundalini!" and then did things intentionally with it!

so huzzah! i look forward to reading more, especially about the crown kundalini. I did the same thing today, just sitting in the glow of bliss for a while and then closing down. yes huzzah

• Like 2

yesterday i actually had my first kundalini experience. I was working with some techniques from the book, and long story short, before i knew it, my tailbone was "buzzing" sorta "humming" or vibrating with the cosmic electricity. I knew that it was the kundalini too, in the way that you just know things.

So i did a simple meditation with it, raising it chakra by chakra and letting it infuse and awaken (enlighten?! hehe)each center until i got to the crown chakra, where goswami says lives another kind of kundalini which must be awakened by raising the root kundalini to it. Well i haven't gotten that far in the book to know what to do with the crown kundalini, so i just let it all vibrate really blissfully for a while and then lowered the energy back to the root and put it back to sleep.

thats an official FKE (first kundalini experience) although it might not be, it was the first one i was sure of like "oh thats kundalini!" and then did things intentionally with it!

so huzzah! i look forward to reading more, especially about the crown kundalini. I did the same thing today, just sitting in the glow of bliss for a while and then closing down. yes huzzah

Congratz!

Please keep us informed of your further adventures :)

• Like 1

Consider that somebody compassionate (inner planes) is probably watching out for your butt if all that you say happened, happened... also consider that doing things intentionally with Kundalini is normally for very advanced students and their masters and not for beginners only using books who can get into deeply serious trouble with-out them having what is extremely rare and truly qualified help...

even when you can find "kundalini yoga" being sold on every 7th street corner in the US, not unlike how you can find them selling tickets for "God" in the yellow pages.

Good luck, sorry for the dampeners but certain cautions along these lines are not uncalled for.

• Like 1

Hi Anamatva :)

Here are some sentences. I don't necessarily believe all of them, but some of them I have experienced.

Kundalini is supposed to live in the perineum, not the tail of the spine.

When kundalini awakens, she heads to the base of the spine where she pierces the first knot. This can be quite painful. She also pierces the two other knots up the sushumna.

That does not apply to all people, some people have loosened their knots in previous lives, or through various practices.

You are supposed to take kundalini up the sushumna, not circulating around the ida and pingala on the periphery of the chakras.

Most people don't have volitional control over kundalini. When she erupts, you stand out of the way, try to absorb as much energy as possible and ride it out. If you think you are controlling it, then you might be mistaken, or really gifted!

The second knot that must be loosened is at the heart. The third is at the brow. It generally takes heat to loosen the knots. The heat is generated by mixing apana and prana, generally through pranayama or special breathing techniques, like tummo or reversed breathing.

Kundalini is highly ecstatic, especially if it comes up the center of the sushumna through the chakras. After experiencing it, you won't feel like having sex for months after..

Generally, after a kundalini experience, you feel alot of heat, especially in the hands and face.

There is a difference between activating a ball of chi and sending it around the body and a full blown kundalini experience.

Kundalini looks like an arc welders extremely bright white light with a touch of blue. It is blinding.

There is a pool of prana at the top of the head. Sometimes this is called Shiva. If you activate that, kundalini will rush up to meet him, because she wants to join with Shiva. If she doesn't go all the way, she could get very pissed off and start tearing up body parts along the way.

Again, the above sentences are just things to consider. I'm not trying to rob you of your experience nor am I trying to dismiss it as not-kundalini. Everyone is at a different level, and depending on who you read, there are vast differences in the technical details. I've even read Saraswati's "Kundalini Tantra" book wherein he says that there is no sushumna, that the experience of kundalini takes place totally in the brain. The chakras are only switches which activate the different sections of the brain. And, some people are born with their kundalini already awake.

It is too bad that the west was first introduced to kundalini by Gopi Krishna's book. I just don't believe that kundalini and sickness or psychological maladies are the norm. But everybody in the west seems to think so.. :)

Since I have ordered the book and have not yet read it, could you please tell me which practices from the book that you were doing that roused the kundalini? That might give us a better idea of what may have happened. Also, it is always a good idea to read the whole book before doing practices from it, unless you have prior experience and knowledge of the practices and their effects.

It reminds me of a joke:

"Grandma, I dropped your toothbrush in the toilet."

"That's ok, I'll just buy a new one."

"It happened two days ago..."

TI

• Like 1

Ooh. I have wanted that book.

It sounds like what Tibetan Ice describes is one of the early stages (Kundalini - aka Yang Chi up the Zhong Mai) purification of the body's 5 elements. I'm still trying to get to it. Running Secret Smile daily is one good way of making Yang Chi Awakening go more smoothly. :)

I'm hoping to get that to happen myself sometime in the next few years.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your support and your cautionary advice!

I am aware that kundalini is very powerful, and i don't usually do powerful things from books, but in this case, i got the book to learn about chakras and it happened to include words on kundalini, which apparently triggered this experience. I don't really have my thoughts organized, but i will try to touch on what has been said in order.

Congratz!

Please keep us informed of your further adventures :)

thanks seth, i appreciate your adventurous spirit. I hoped you would help me. I knew that what 3bob and Tibetan_Ice said cautionarily was coming, and i know that they are right. I don't know a lot about kundalini, so i don't feel like having further adventures until i get a better handle on the territory i am adventuring in. If you recommend a teacher like Santiago that i could skype with, or any books to help me, i appreciate it. Of course, the same goes for everyone. All your help is really appreciated.

I will say that I did my usual chakra meditations this morning, and tried NOT to have a kundalini experience, and was unsuccessful. When i focus on my root chakra, the bright bright light peeks out and wants to climb up to the crown. When it gets there its like its making love to something (goswami says there is another kundalini in the crown) and when the crown is absorbed in the kundalini, there is a bliss wave which just drowns me remorselessly, and i feel like shiva shakti is merging into one formless nameless thing and flooding all my channels and every cell of my body with the energy of the divine.

I don't really know if thats the "right" thing to do with it tho, so i am really hesitant to try to guide it. I just pray to it to be kind to me and get out of the way while it does its thing.

Consider that somebody compassionate (inner planes) is probably watching out for your butt if all that you say happened, happened... also consider that doing things intentionally with Kundalini is normally for very advanced students and their masters and not for beginners only using books who can get into deeply serious trouble with-out them having what is extremely rare and truly qualified help...

Good luck, sorry for the dampeners but certain cautions along these lines are not uncalled for.

thanks 3bob! I am blessed to have some amazing help from the invisible world. I don't talk about it much, but its a big part of my life, and since you mention it, i don't mind saying you are quite right. In light of what i have read about other peoples experience with kundalini, it seems like mine is completely gentle and loving! I mean at the level of my heart, where i still have some blockages, there was some pain and spontaneous shaking.. breaking through the locks and such, but aside from that it was so much better than some awakening experiences i have read about!! In response to your observation about doing things intentionally, i don't know what to say, except that I have done very effective chakra meditations with a master's guidance for almost 2 years, and i have done water path MCO meditations since i was 18 (34 now) so in that regard my channels and centers are clean and open. So even tho i am just having my first experience with the strong force of it, i have carefully prepared the path for it before now. Your dampeners are completely appreciated! But I was just sitting there meditating on my root chakra (minding my business :D) when it started to really hum, i mean REALLY hum, like holy wtf is that? So i was just kind of drawn along in the current of it. I felt like the worst thing to do would be to try and stand in its way or shut it down. Plus i was excited (oops). Anyway, thank you for your advice.

Kundalini is supposed to live in the perineum, not the tail of the spine.

thanks tibetan_ice. The whole area was vibrating, but i was meditating on my perineum/muladhara, and i felt it in my hips and sitbones and almost up to my sacrum.

When kundalini awakens, she heads to the base of the spine where she pierces the first knot. This can be quite painful. She also pierces the two other knots up the sushumna.

That does not apply to all people, some people have loosened their knots in previous lives, or through various practices.

You are supposed to take kundalini up the sushumna, not circulating around the ida and pingala on the periphery of the chakras.

I didn't have a painful experience until i got to the heart, where i still have some minor blockages. Assuming this was kundalini, I will call it that for now... this kundalini didn't tolerate blockages, and shook mine off like i spontaneously knew which direction to shake in to crack my back between the shoulderblades in just the right way. It was forceful and painful but only for a second and then (and now!) i felt great! Yes i just let it go up the spine, that is where it wanted to go. I didn't really have total control of it, it sorta had a mind of its own.

Most people don't have volitional control over kundalini. When she erupts, you stand out of the way, try to absorb as much energy as possible and ride it out. If you think you are controlling it, then you might be mistaken, or really gifted!

i wasn't controlling it, it wanted to get to my crown. And since thats the course of my chakra meditation anyway, i just stood out of the way. Although it was pretty gentle in that it roughly followed the course of my meditation and the speed of my progression up the chakras, at times it would go to the next one before i was done with the one i was on. I am kinda gifted, i dunno about really gifted. I think i am more blessed and practiced than particularly gifted.

The second knot that must be loosened is at the heart. The third is at the brow. It generally takes heat to loosen the knots. The heat is generated by mixing apana and prana, generally through pranayama or special breathing techniques, like tummo or reversed breathing.

Kundalini is highly ecstatic, especially if it comes up the center of the sushumna through the chakras. After experiencing it, you won't feel like having sex for months after..

if by the brow, you mean the ajna, i shook something out there too now that you mention it, but i wouldn't say heat was generated. Yes highly ecstatic is right! it was very blissful , and im not that into bliss, but i just sat there in that glow and forgot about everything else! It was actually completely incredible.

Kundalini looks like an arc welders extremely bright white light with a touch of blue. It is blinding.

There is a pool of prana at the top of the head. Sometimes this is called Shiva. If you activate that, kundalini will rush up to meet him, because she wants to join with Shiva. If she doesn't go all the way, she could get very pissed off and start tearing up body parts along the way.

right, brilliant light, and mine had a hint of purple in it, not even really purple just that it was more than blue, kinda just a shadow of purple like around the edges. I don't know if everyones is that same, but in my mind's eye, it was blazing bright just like that. Thats also how i knew it wasn't ordinary energy. Thank you for confirming that. Like i said, i just let it go the whole way up. I knew better than to try to stop it or block its progress; it was way too powerful for me to have a stupid idea like that :)

It is too bad that the west was first introduced to kundalini by Gopi Krishna's book. I just don't believe that kundalini and sickness or psychological maladies are the norm. But everybody in the west seems to think so.. :)

Since I have ordered the book and have not yet read it, could you please tell me which practices from the book that you were doing that roused the kundalini? That might give us a better idea of what may have happened. Also, it is always a good idea to read the whole book before doing practices from it, unless you have prior experience and knowledge of the practices and their effects.

In a way i feel fortunate not to have my perception colored by a lot of kundalini literature. I don't know who gopi krishna is, or why its too bad that his book was the introduction to the west. In that way, i did not have much to color my perception of the events. They just happened (as events do) and I was an openminded participant in it.

The practice was of breathing in for a count of 4 Om mantras, holding the breath for 16, and out for 8. I shorted it from 16, 64, 32 cause i can't breathe like that. I was applying the neck lock, anal lock, and abdominal lock, while holding the breath. It is outlined in pages 49-54 of the book in the section called Pranayama. I was doing those breaths with my awareness on my root chakra.

Thank you everyone for your help! :wub: it means a lot to me

Edited by anamatva
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone for your support and your cautionary advice!

I am aware that kundalini is very powerful, and i don't usually do powerful things from books, but in this case, i got the book to learn about chakras and it happened to include words on kundalini, which apparently triggered this experience. I don't really have my thoughts organized, but i will try to touch on what has been said in order.

thanks seth, i appreciate your adventurous spirit. I hoped you would help me. I knew that what 3bob and Tibetan_Ice said cautionarily was coming, and i know that they are right. I don't know a lot about kundalini, so i don't feel like having further adventures until i get a better handle on the territory i am adventuring in. If you recommend a teacher like Santiago that i could skype with, or any books to help me, i appreciate it. Of course, the same goes for everyone. All your help is really appreciated.

I will say that I did my usual chakra meditations this morning, and tried NOT to have a kundalini experience, and was unsuccessful. When i focus on my root chakra, the bright bright light peeks out and wants to climb up to the crown. When it gets there its like its making love to something (goswami says there is another kundalini in the crown) and when the crown is absorbed in the kundalini, there is a bliss wave which just drowns me remorselessly, and i feel like shiva shakti is merging into one formless nameless thing and flooding all my channels and every cell of my body with the energy of the divine.

I don't really know if thats the "right" thing to do with it tho, so i am really hesitant to try to guide it. I just pray to it to be kind to me and get out of the way while it does its thing.

thanks 3bob! I am blessed to have some amazing help from the invisible world. I don't talk about it much, but its a big part of my life, and since you mention it, i don't mind saying you are quite right. In light of what i have read about other peoples experience with kundalini, it seems like mine is completely gentle and loving! I mean at the level of my heart, where i still have some blockages, there was some pain and spontaneous shaking.. breaking through the locks and such, but aside from that it was so much better than some awakening experiences i have read about!! In response to your observation about doing things intentionally, i don't know what to say, except that I have done very effective chakra meditations with a master's guidance for almost 2 years, and i have done water path MCO meditations since i was 18 (34 now) so in that regard my channels and centers are clean and open. So even tho i am just having my first experience with the strong force of it, i have carefully prepared the path for it before now. Your dampeners are completely appreciated! But I was just sitting there meditating on my root chakra (minding my business :D) when it started to really hum, i mean REALLY hum, like holy wtf is that? So i was just kind of drawn along in the current of it. I felt like the worst thing to do would be to try and stand in its way or shut it down. Plus i was excited (oops). Anyway, thank you for your advice.

thanks tibetan_ice. The whole area was vibrating, but i was meditating on my perineum/muladhara, and i felt it in my hips and sitbones and almost up to my sacrum.

I didn't have a painful experience until i got to the heart, where i still have some minor blockages. Assuming this was kundalini, I will call it that for now... this kundalini didn't tolerate blockages, and shook mine off like i spontaneously knew which direction to shake in to crack my back between the shoulderblades in just the right way. It was forceful and painful but only for a second and then (and now!) i felt great! Yes i just let it go up the spine, that is where it wanted to go. I didn't really have total control of it, it sorta had a mind of its own.

i wasn't controlling it, it wanted to get to my crown. And since thats the course of my chakra meditation anyway, i just stood out of the way. Although it was pretty gentle in that it roughly followed the course of my meditation and the speed of my progression up the chakras, at times it would go to the next one before i was done with the one i was on. I am kinda gifted, i dunno about really gifted. I think i am more blessed and practiced than particularly gifted.

if by the brow, you mean the ajna, i shook something out there too now that you mention it, but i wouldn't say heat was generated. Yes highly ecstatic is right! it was very blissful , and im not that into bliss, but i just sat there in that glow and forgot about everything else! It was actually completely incredible.

right, brilliant light, and mine had a hint of purple in it, not even really purple just that it was more than blue, kinda just a shadow of purple like around the edges. I don't know if everyones is that same, but in my mind's eye, it was blazing bright just like that. Thats also how i knew it wasn't ordinary energy. Thank you for confirming that. Like i said, i just let it go the whole way up. I knew better than to try to stop it or block its progress; it was way too powerful for me to have a stupid idea like that :)

In a way i feel fortunate not to have my perception colored by a lot of kundalini literature. I don't know who gopi krishna is, or why its too bad that his book was the introduction to the west. In that way, i did not have much to color my perception of the events. They just happened (as events do) and I was an openminded participant in it.

The practice was of breathing in for a count of 4 Om mantras, holding the breath for 16, and out for 8. I shorted it from 16, 64, 32 cause i can't breathe like that. I was applying the neck lock, anal lock, and abdominal lock, while holding the breath. It is outlined in pages 49-54 of the book in the section called Pranayama. I was doing those breaths with my awareness on my root chakra.

Thank you everyone for your help! :wub: it means a lot to me

1:4:2 is the right ratio, doesn't matter how long the breaths are, as long as they are in the right ratio.

Did you also experience a coolness in wake of the rising, a pleasant coolness (like touching a cool metal object to your skin, but inside rather than on the surface)?

I don't know how your diet is, but you might want to consider some special diet if you plan on continuing this... (this book has good suggestions -- http://www.amazon.com/Path-Fire-Light-Vol-Practices/dp/0893890979)

People mention heat, but I feel coolness as the energy moves upward.

Good luck on your further practices. I have one question though, did you learn anything from this experience? Somethings that just started making sense?

• Like 1

Anamatva, sounds like it is going well so far, Keep us posted :)

I just wanted to chime in and dispel a few myths.

1. Feeling kundalini start in the tail bone is very common. Some people feel it start in the big Toe. Plenty of old texts describe it as living in the Kanda, which according to the texts you are reading may be in one of several different places.

Several put the Kanda right in the position of the Lower Dan Tien, which fits the experience of many who through meditating on and building the charge in LDT then felt it suddenly rush down to the perineum, or to the tip of the spine, and then up the spine, as their Kundalini awakening.

Some were like "Holy shit! That's not the microcosmic Orbit, what the Hell is that!!?"

2.kundalini is not always ecstatic, some experience crazy fireworks in terms of effects but feel very level headed, clear and dry...

3.Kundalini is not always a certain color - total misconception. Just because one traditional teacher says one thing doesn't make it an absolute truth. Often down there road there is another traditional teacher who says something different...

And lastly just because you possibly don't experience some of the written about phenomena at first, doesn't mean you wont later...

Have Fun!

Edited by Seth Ananda
  • Like 1

1:4:2 is the right ratio, doesn't matter how long the breaths are, as long as they are in the right ratio.

Did you also experience a coolness in wake of the rising, a pleasant coolness (like touching a cool metal object to your skin, but inside rather than on the surface)?

I don't know how your diet is, but you might want to consider some special diet if you plan on continuing this... (this book has good suggestions -- http://www.amazon.com/Path-Fire-Light-Vol-Practices/dp/0893890979)

People mention heat, but I feel coolness as the energy moves upward.

Good luck on your further practices. I have one question though, did you learn anything from this experience? Somethings that just started making sense?

it felt cool. It made me think of night air in the spring, like a pleasant coolness like you said. Not cold.

My diet is pretty impeccably clean, 95% organic, mostly veggie, largely raw and local, etc. Can you tell me what kind of diet is recommended for yogis so i don't have to buy that book? :) Money is tight this month.

I didn't really feel any heat, at my centers, or in the energy itself.. just cool.

And as to what i learned, firstly, i have been calm and serene all day.. like wow something is different! But once during the day i had a spontaneous experience with the kundalini and i let it run its course, and a little while later, after i had let it go back to sleep, i realized that plants and animals need light, not light from lightbulbs, but light from stars. And that the universe was populated with a nearly infinite number of stars, as if the radiance which enables and nourishes life was so precious and miraculous, and so common and taken-for-granted at the same time, that i almost cried for having never really noticed what a beautiful thing it is to live on a planet like ours and orbit a star like the sun!! It was such a profound realization that i am getting misty now just typing it. I am not sure i can convey the exact wisdom quality of what i realized better than that, to a reader on the other side of the internet, it might seem trite or contrived, but to me it was very profound, like seeing light in a new way, as if i were a fish who just realized the preciousness of water.

thank you for your help!

Whoa, anamatva! Getting smoother and smoother... B)

Regarding knots, I don't notice many "knots" in your posts. ;) Perhaps that's why the k energy flow isn't "piercing" them. And as you've admitted, you have been doing much preliminary work on you/your energy body.

All the best -- -_-

thank you for saying so rainbowvein!

for the last couple of days i have been, kind of on the back burner of my mind, stressing out, like "whoa is this gonna be okay?" as if it was too intense to handle. And i used to describe myself (at 18) as an "intensity junkie". Then at 24 as a "novelty junkie", and now 10 years later i feel like i am out of my league with this intense energy. Mostly i feel stressed out because learning from books about this sort of thing is just a classic way to get hurt. But i am starting to feel better and better about it. I think i'll take it easy with it tho ;)

your post calmed me down a good bit, thanks

I have a lot of calm RV, this is just really powerful stuff, and truth be told, i have NO idea what to do with it beyond the basic path of root-to-crown. I am only 1/4 of the way into the book, and i have never really read a good book on kundalini. I have some ebooks that i will get to after i'm done with goswami, but that is the whole of my foundation. Yikes!!

I thank the blessed mother universe and the kundalini itself every time it pokes its bright little head out for being *so* kind and gentle and compassionate with me. I don't even know how to address it tho. Is it considered a deity? it seems quite intelligent. I could see how people might deify it. Or is it considered a transcendental energy, beyond personification? Or something else...

Seth thanks for your replies, do you think i should talk to Santiago or someone, just to check in? Are there any absolute Do Nots about practice besides keeping it in the sushumna and avoiding the ida/pingala? Should i um well do anything in particular??

it felt cool. It made me think of night air in the spring, like a pleasant coolness like you said. Not cold.

My diet is pretty impeccably clean, 95% organic, mostly veggie, largely raw and local, etc. Can you tell me what kind of diet is recommended for yogis so i don't have to buy that book? :) Money is tight this month.

I didn't really feel any heat, at my centers, or in the energy itself.. just cool.

And as to what i learned, firstly, i have been calm and serene all day.. like wow something is different! But once during the day i had a spontaneous experience with the kundalini and i let it run its course, and a little while later, after i had let it go back to sleep, i realized that plants and animals need light, not light from lightbulbs, but light from stars. And that the universe was populated with a nearly infinite number of stars, as if the radiance which enables and nourishes life was so precious and miraculous, and so common and taken-for-granted at the same time, that i almost cried for having never really noticed what a beautiful thing it is to live on a planet like ours and orbit a star like the sun!! It was such a profound realization that i am getting misty now just typing it. I am not sure i can convey the exact wisdom quality of what i realized better than that, to a reader on the other side of the internet, it might seem trite or contrived, but to me it was very profound, like seeing light in a new way, as if i were a fish who just realized the preciousness of water.

thank you for your help!

Thanks for sharing that man. That was great. Beautiful!

Having experienced, mature, and aware people with you will be so beneficial, even if on the internet or in sacred texts. You've developed significant wisdom and this I think will keep you centered, like the North Star around which the Milky way turns. Chuang Tzu points the way on things like this.. Just keep these things in mind (I mean to say). I don't mean to sound like an expert on these things. I just remember having immensely similar realizations (you really brought back some memories) without the right influences at the time.

I think even our last bowl of rice is better when we have the right people or person to share it with.

Thanks for sharing that man. That was great. Beautiful!

Having experienced, mature, and aware people with you will be so beneficial, even if on the internet or in sacred texts. You've developed significant wisdom and this I think will keep you centered, like the North Star around which the Milky way turns. Chuang Tzu points the way on things like this.. Just keep these things in mind (I mean to say). I don't mean to sound like an expert on these things. I just remember having immensely similar realizations (you really brought back some memories) without the right influences at the time.

I think even our last bowl of rice is better when we have the right people or person to share it with.

you're so welcome!

thanks for your support. I think you are right about all that. I don't remember my dreams last night but i woke up feeling a lot less nervous about things. I realized on some level that that energy doesnt help and is only going to get in the way. I have the resources i need in my life, i just need to be careful and respectful and keep them in mind!

Thanks for reminding me about chuang tzu. This energy seems to know what it wants to do without my guidance, and yesterday when i tried to move it it laughed at me and said "let go of that impulse".. i trust it, and being mindful of the watercourse way is truly wise advice.

thank you :)

I have a lot of calm RV, this is just really powerful stuff, and truth be told, i have NO idea what to do with it beyond the basic path of root-to-crown. I am only 1/4 of the way into the book, and i have never really read a good book on kundalini. I have some ebooks that i will get to after i'm done with goswami, but that is the whole of my foundation. Yikes!!

I thank the blessed mother universe and the kundalini itself every time it pokes its bright little head out for being *so* kind and gentle and compassionate with me. I don't even know how to address it tho. Is it considered a deity? it seems quite intelligent. I could see how people might deify it. Or is it considered a transcendental energy, beyond personification? Or something else...

Seth thanks for your replies, do you think i should talk to Santiago or someone, just to check in? Are there any absolute Do Nots about practice besides keeping it in the sushumna and avoiding the ida/pingala? Should i um well do anything in particular??

She is dao...Also can feel the ida and pingala separate from sushumna? If not, how can you control where she goes? She will go where she needs to go. Imho. Dont be afraid...accept and embrace her. This where daoist background will help you...be wu wei.

Edited by dwai

She is dao...Also can feel the ida and pingala separate from sushumna? If not, how can you control where she goes? She will go where she needs to go. Imho. Dont be afraid...accept and embrace her. This where daoist background will help you...be wu wei.

thanks dwai :)

Wow Anamatva, that was a lot of feedback to a lot of people, including me. Thank you for sharing so much!

Considering what you've said about your background I imagine you already have some fairly good answers to a lot of the questions you asked in this thread...?

I'd say your question asking about what you absolutely must never do has multiple possibilities... largely depending on you and what you have already been through?

(like past lessons learned from being between various rocks and hard places) One thing though which I think is universally true is that the more steps we take the more we must also be grounded in the most basic and beginning steps or precepts which still act as a foundation and or default (during rough spots) for any further steps taken, or the whole thing can start to crumble and even end up worse...

I'd also say take everyting on the internet and in most books with varying grains of salt.

Om

That indeed was beutiful. :)

So nice to read all this.

Wow Anamatva, that was a lot of feedback to a lot of people, including me. Thank you for sharing so much!

you're welcome 3bob, thank you for helpful advice! :)

Considering what you've said about your background I imagine you already have some fairly good answers to a lot of the questions you asked in this thread...?

well some of the questions have been answered by the book, since i finished the kundalini section in it yesterday. It echoed a lot of the info and advice i found here, and also that i experienced. And some questions have been answered by experience, of which i have very little of course, but it has still been instructional to honor this energy with practice.

Does kundalini have a counterpart in qi? I haven't read much about fa qi or holy qi except that it is like the "healing light of god" -Jerry A. Johnson

it also reminds me of the mayan word Copoya which was the shaman's "spirit power", and which translated literally as "blood lightening"

I'd say your question asking about what you absolutely must never do has multiple possibilities... largely depending on you and what you have already been through?

(like past lessons learned from being between various rocks and hard places) One thing though which I think is universally true is that the more steps we take the more we must also be grounded in the most basic and beginning steps or precepts which still act as a foundation and or default (during rough spots) for any further steps taken, or the whole thing can start to crumble and even end up worse...

I'd also say take everyting on the internet and in most books with varying grains of salt.

again, thanks for the advice. I am not even aware of anything advanced to do with it!! hahah so i am just, when it wakes, letting it go where it wants, which is usually up the spine. Sometimes it meanders, and sometimes its just a blinding flash and its reached the sahasrara in an instant, but from there i just let it do what it wants. I don't really direct it, or have any success directing it. Its enough to be able to direct the flow of my qi energy while the kundalini is activated, which i find very refreshing. My favorite is when the kundalini swims up to the white light which is the highest chakra. I find that when its there it reaches a non-dual state (and so do i depending on my level of absorbtion) and i can also cycle my qi up my central channel til it gets to the white chakra and then let it rain down, showering me with healing love energy and surrounding me in a sphere of radiance til it gets to below my feet, and then back up!

So in other words, i just try to let it go where it wants and be happy, and then manipulate the energies that i can manipulate. Like i said, i tried to direct it, and it laughed at me and told me clear as day "let go of that impulse" so i did.

yes to that last part btw... grain of salt!! I am beginning to trust the process and the energy, and it isn't as scary (vibrate-y and completely f*ing powerful) now as it was the first couple times. It is actually very gentle the last few days. But when i turn my inner eye to where i am feeling sensation within, i see lightning bright energy. Goswami says it is like a lotus filament, subtle and rarified. So i guess it is only forceful when it wants or needs to be.

Also, it occurs to me that i watched that Gabriel Cousens video twice, not long before all this happened.

http://www.gabrielcousens.com/DRCOUSENS/SHAKTIPAT/tabid/99/language/en-US/Default.aspx

the first time i felt an opening in my energies, and calm and happiness. The second time i didn't even feel anything noticable. But i was walking down the street after i watched it the 2nd time (maybe a week later) just doing what i was doing, and all of a sudden i kind of shook like a tremor was rising up my back. It was really powerful, and i stopped and kinda caught my breath, and i could tell it was good, but i asked with my thoughts "what the hell was that?" and i got a clear word in my head "shaktipat".

and that was about a month ago, a week before i started reading Layayoga and 3 weeks before the kundalini woke up in me.

i'm going to look on that site and see if i can thank Dr Cousens

edit: i just wrote him an email :)

Edited by anamatva
  • Like 1

i'm going to look on that site and see if i can thank Dr Cousens

You should thank yourself too :) . Becaming an empty vessel for this to happen, becouse Gabriel Cousens most probably was not aware of you yet you were able to recievewhat he radiets.

As traditionally it is done through look, mantra or touch, with both student and teacher aware of each other .

• Like 1

Thank you SIME :) I feel so blessed, but i also know i have worked hard and persevered through untold struggles in order to make myself available to this gift.

I also feel very strange about it, like some people probably read 25 books on it and live in ashrams and lust for it for so long, and i'm not even sure how difficult it is considered to achieve, but i feel like i watched one video and read one book, almost on accident, and knowing next to nothing about it, i just stumbled into it.

Not like i haveN'T worked hard and persevered and all that.. but i still was (and still am!) marginally aware of it, intellectually speaking. I mean, i guess i thought it was a yogic accomplishment, for very experienced yogis only, or something. I dunno, im still kinda lost for words about it. I don't feel unworthy, but its pretty weird in a way i can't put my finger on.

Maybe after all my struggles, it just feels weird to be the recipient of such an enormous blessing and stroke of good fortune! :)