starhawk

TTB weekly trancendental meditation experiment

would you like to all meditate together?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. want to meditate for each other for 5 or so weeks?

• yes i want to radiate love to the world
    • hecks no i don't know you, go away
  2. 2. do you plan on helping mankind with your meditations?

• yes, i dont have a choice
    • no, waste of time
    • yes, i want everyone to be as happy as a flower!
    • what a chore and bore , other ways to spend my time.

Yesterday Harmonious Emptiness quoted a study about meditation that gathered 4000 people to meditate and reduce crime in 1993. The result was a correlated drop in crime rates in Washinton Dc.

So, there are many Tao hums with kundalini awakenings, samadi and spiritual realizations, and years of meditation experience. Aside from the healing circle, which focuses only on physical ailments of others, what if we built a collective Tao bums meditation experience to benefit each other energetically?

That was almost a decade ago. Why not try it now, but via the Internet? Instead of focusing on crime and a specific region, we concentrate on each other.

So, I propose we form a focused meditation experiment on Tao bums. We can form a circle.

we all send positive thoughts to each other, everyone in this circle, and see what happens inour daily routines. Someone can do some number crunching to see if our subjective experiences or meditation practices get better, or not.

What do you guys think???

I will volunteer.

Edited by starhawk

TaoBums million dollar experiment. Everybody visualize a million dollars coming into their lives for one minute a day. After 3 months I take a 20% cut of all the money since I thought of the idea.

Yeah - I'm interested too. The above was sort of a joke. But it can happen. A few years ago Steve Pavlina had a similiar million dollar experiment going - and people were manifesting all kinds of money.

Edited by chi 2012

Starhawk,

Great idea bro. I do chi kung over skype with friends all the time. It noticably increases the energy.

Even just connecting and meditating together distantly at the same time works amazingly, I used to do it with my buddy Tom in Iowa, and I was in Nevada at the time. You can really notice the boost!

I want in. :-)post-35139-132802083563_thumb.jpg

Sweet! Next, perhaps we can get ad admin to create a new group. We could also center our meditations around a Tao Te claching verse, or zhangzi ),buddhist, etc. reading... something to ponder about for that day's meditation. (Although we do our own styles and practices), and start off with our favorites verses ;)

Sweet! Next, perhaps we can get ad admin to create a new group. We could also center our meditations around a Tao Te claching verse, or zhangzi ),buddhist, etc. reading... something to ponder about for that day's meditation. (Although we do our own styles and practices), and start off with our favorites verses ;)

yeah thats a really awesome idea. I will sit with you guys and gals if it is not by some twist of fate impossible at that time. Maybe we could just coordinate a day like a saturday or something because worldwide users might be working/sleeping/doing other stuff at any given time no matter what time we agree on. I'd like to have an optimum couple hours to shoot for, but which time zone would we use? Are most of TTB users american?

I think we should do weekly sitting, on a theme each week, just to feed of the energy and create more of a sense of spiritual community! Lets make saturdays TTB meditation day!

American on the east coast time. Saterdays sound awesome. What time zones do we have so far?

I like the ring in TTB Sunday! I am on central time. Yeah we could do a day event for world times, and should we also have specific times we decide we can all sit at the same time?

I like the ring in TTB Sunday! I am on central time. Yeah we could do a day event for world times, and should we also have specific times we decide we can all sit at the same time?

that sounds like a good idea. Or we could just say sunday is TTB meditation day, and chime in here as far as when we'll be sitting. So that way we could avoid centralized organization (very dao) and kinda keep it spontaneous. Just an idea.

I tend to sit from 9:30 - 10:30/11am on sundays and then later throughout the day as i'm moved to, usually once or twice more. So if it worked best for people to sit at like 1pm EST for example that would be equally cool with me, as would any other time that was reasonable... so i'm pretty open ended, and don't want to dominate the decision making, just throw ideas around for now. :)

that sounds like a good idea. Or we could just say sunday is TTB meditation day, and chime in here as far as when we'll be sitting. So that way we could avoid centralized organization (very dao) and kinda keep it spontaneous. Just an idea.

I tend to sit from 9:30 - 10:30/11am on sundays and then later throughout the day as i'm moved to, usually once or twice more. So if it worked best for people to sit at like 1pm EST for example that would be equally cool with me, as would any other time that was reasonable... so i'm pretty open ended, and don't want to dominate the decision making, just throw ideas around for now. :)

I like it, take out the linear time thinking and just "tune" in to our shared meditation on that day! :ninja:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mod Squad

A "Group Meditation" forum has been created in the Personal Practice Discussion area.

Please use that forum to facilitate communication to support the group meditation project.

Please let the mod team know if we can do anything more to help.

Enjoy

Mod Out

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zen

it's fucking boring, except when it's not.

So it's an off-and-on kind of thing for me. Sometimes i already do this. other times i jsut chill myself.

I'll put in some added effort to aide everyone in it smile.gif