Cameron

Plato's sex pills

So now it's now it's 1200 mg, what happened to the lovin' spoonful and 10 cc :P

aton1214l.jpg

• Like 1

"The Vibration Of Squillions Of Sperm Cells Broadcasts All Of That Natural Confidence You Already Possess."

...hahaha...."there are no side effects, except for maybe unwanted pregnancy"

:lol:

Edited by joeblast

He is a character. He got several well known old school Tao Bums into sticking a sex toy up their ass called the aneros.

Luckily, I wasn't much into it after one use and trashed it. I wonder if Sean still uses his lol.

He is a character. He got several well known old school Tao Bums into sticking a sex toy up their ass called the aneros.

Luckily, I wasn't much into it after one use and trashed it. I wonder if Sean still uses his lol.

I'd love an url to the post where he talks about his Fox spirit attack on Hua Shan.

Brilliant stuff in contemporary western Taoist lore.

h

I'd love an url to the post where he talks about his Fox spirit attack on Hua Shan.

Brilliant stuff in contemporary western Taoist lore.

h

love your avatar....^_^

Wow, amazing you dug up those old posts from some of Healing Tao's wilder days.

I found this quote on them which I liked (warning, nothing to do with topic. I just found it a profound quote from the old HT thread you highlighted)

from Michael Winn:

"Life is Suffering" is perhaps the WORST negative thought form that one can hold, and the main reason I am so public in my attacks on this disempowering philosophy. Of course life includes suffering. But if you focus on it, it grows. Focus = sending chi to the negative thought form of suffering. Why amplify it? If you want to get rid of suffering, you focus on the opposite: love, hope, good health, balance and harmony, the healing power of chi. That is why buddhism was described to me by one qigong master from China as "the path of eating the pill of bitterness".

The second fallacy here is that immortality is about overcoming death.

Immortality is not about living forever, it is about integrating so deeply that you preserve your will even as you pass through the death experience. That is what the collective WANTS - the integration of inidividual will even while merged with the collective. We can know this because we can witness it in ourselves as well as in historical trends.

It's interesting. I know both Michael and Plato personally. And I respect both. Years ago when these discussions actually happened I saw both sides as very relivent and each having some deep truth and virtue.

And years later, I still feel the same way.

• Like 1

It's interesting. I know both Michael and Plato personally. And I respect both. Years ago when these discussions actually happened I saw both sides as very relivent and each having some deep truth and virtue.

And years later, I still feel the same way.

Interesting you guys say what you say. You and Michael were both aroudn when this thread was going on.

I've come to appreciate the actual stories or narratives that different practitioners have, as a description of their spiritual trajectories. I'd love to make a series of interviews, focusing on these more general implications of people's spiritual experiences and how it molded their path on my not very interesting blog.

Take people like Plato, Darin H, Yoda and you guys. Great stories! I think you all represent valid, compelling and fascinating variations of some very important and basic topics based on why we choose the way we do, and what we do. Stuff related to hope, dissapointment (or disenchantment), discipline and also temprament, and how actual good and bad experiences color our future path. Well, it's a good idea, but probably will never pan out.

It's easy to see the challenges, assets, talents and shortcomings of others, yet so hard to see them in myself.

Jeez, that came out wrong... Not implying you have shortcomings :D

h

Edited by hagar

I remember reading that thread a while back. I wasn't there for the Bodri/Winn debates but I definitely have a read a lot of them. It's a really interesting topic!

Plato had some very scathing things to say about Winn's approach. I find it pretty ironic that he seemed so sold on the value of merit and now makes his living selling ejaculation pills lol. Though from one angle improving people's sex lives, people who are going to be ejaculating as much as they can anyway, isn't such a bad thing. But I'm not sure encouraging ejaculation meshes well with Buddhist values and right livelihood. Perhaps he had a change of heart regarding the importance of retention (which would of course be counter to both Bodri's and Winn's teachings). That thread was seven years ago and a lot can happen in that time!

I don't really see anything bad about selling a product that could help peoples sex life. I used to be really into Ron Teeguarden's Dragonherbs years ago which sells high quality Chinese formulas to nourish the 3 treasures jing, qi and shen.

Plato's marketing is different then Teeguarden's, but that's fine. He is most likely going to attract a different client with that approach and my guess is that is what he wants anyway.

It's not hurting anyone so not sure it could be considered anti-Buddhist. Perhaps not what a serious Buddhist or Taoist cultivator wants but the serious cultivator will already have deeply studied and gone into these things themselves. Verified for themself whether it is good for them or bad for them. And simply would be at the level to distinguish if it is helpful or not to their own practice and lifestlye.

What is Plato doing these days, I used to enjoy reading his blog..

He's selling other supplements now to increase male testostrone. Good pills too.