Sign in to follow this  
Jayem

The Feeling of Chi /Progress

Hi , ive been into Ritsuzen for quite some time now. there is literally hundreds of different names for this training but im more focused on the Taikiken side of the standing zen spectrum. Ive always had what i think to be a good feel for throwing energy around my body. Lately ive been standing for up to 12 mins and i plan on taking this up to an hour because of the amazing effects i can feel afterwards. I honestly think it has raised my Chi levels . Way back around a year ago i could send energy quickly from the bottom of my spine up and feel it hit my head. But Now, when i do this it almost throws my head forward. Is this an inbalance or is this natural ? or is my chi getting alot stronger and it hasnt balanced out in my crown ? Does anyone out there have similar feelings ? if so i would love to hear on your Feats of Chi. Explain your favorite way of cultivating chi also if you would like. I know many forms from different cultures, its just good to hear from the experienced taoists. Thank you for your time :D

Justin

Let's seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

From my awesome cultivating practice thing, it's impossible to feel chi because of what it really is

Its been called pressure, energy and air. Unlike pressure and energy, it can't be measured because it's behind the scenes. It's the energy that powers intention being the reason behind something happening or being there. These movements of chi you feel is what it's like for it to materialize and give meaning to your movements. After moving it around, you need to put it back into dan tien or else it will get stagnate and create blockages and you might feel like there's something stuck under your skin and blood will flow in a weird way creating twitching feeling, maybe that's why some people think that chi is only in the blood. Chi is everywhere actually, even in rocks, to feel it you need to pick one up.

or at least that's how I learned it :P

Thanks for the reply so quick, So it definetly is the chi then i feel throwing my head forward.. i usually let it flow back to , my dantien from what i can sense at least. Also, i know exactly where you were getting with the Chi being un-readable, afterall it is "ammune to all laws of creation and destruction" , :D

Thanks

if you are just getting acquainted with your qi maybe sending it to your head is not the safest way to begin.

maybe out your fingers or palms then try your feet. store in ldt.

Yah , thanks for the reply .

Last night i was giving my girlfriend a massage and decided to send chi out or "jing" actually. The results were amazing i had her muscles clenching up under the lightest touch and she thought i was trying to tickle her. I kept reasuring her that i wasn't using my hands to push into her. She had to feel to see if my hand was moving at all lol. The chi flows better through surtain fingers also, she would help me by pinpointing where the most sensations were coming out of. After sending the chi into her back she kept saying how hot it felt. One time i sent alot out of one finger and she said it felt like a bee sting . Ive begun to train her in the ways and shes eger to learn i cant wait to feel the Chi coming out of someone else.

Thanks Everyone :D

the ping heng gong thread in the taoist discussion area may be of interest to you.

there are many older threads here about moving, manipulating, sensing qi.

I also practice standing stake but generally let my attention rest on the dantien without consciously circulating the energy.

As regards your head jerking forwards I wonder if you are allowing the tip of your tongue to rest on the roof of the mouth. This will assist in linking the two channels of the microcosmic orbit. If you are not doing so then it could result in involuntary movements of the head.

Sign in to follow this