Sign in to follow this  
skydog

Anapana

I have been doing EFT and occasionally yoga, qigong and shaking medicine for the past couple of months...

I have noticed that while it has helped I am often not in the moment..

SO I want a practice that puts me in the present moment, whilst healing past emotional blocks..

I want to be aware of my breath for 24 hours a day (if Im not sleeping) and do Osho's Dynamic meditation for an hour every morning. For the next three weeks before I go travelling.

I noticed that there are certain situations that I find very difficult to stay relaxed, such as my dad critising or ignoring me etc... But I also realised that its almost impossible to be very aware of the breath, and be breathing deeply and at the same type lose composure.

I also feel that it puts you in the moment, your just being aware of the gaps between the inbreath and the outbreath, not controlling it..

I think it can be like EFT in healing traumas because old emotions/mental pictures come up and you learn not to see them as real, and also I tend to shake (shaking medicine) so I think it heals emotional trauma at the same time.

Anyone experience in Anapana? Opinions...

Ive been doing it for half a day and feel high/on lsd and in the moment, Im not prone to react to situations.. I am liking this technique

Literally, mindfulness of inhale and exhale :D of course, oplenty!

Placing the focus of awareness on the mechanisms of breath, and harmonizing them. The process of harmonization increases the energetic efficiency of the process. The additional energy goes to 'core processes' - the sort of amorphous jing qi shen thing that's plenty talked about.

When harmonizing structures, consider a single structure as a "dynamic wave propagation;"

Like a dyno-readout of a car's horsepower curve, the efficiency of the structure may be considered - only in this analogy we're not putting the pedal to the metal - we're doing the opposite! Sorta like when my buddies and I used to joke about his grumpa being able to drive everywhere, even up the big hill, without even putting his foot on the gas :lol: (also noting from some wilder younger years, holy crap I burn a lot of gas going over 100mph! :rolleyes:) So in considering the dynamic wave like this we're presented with the first concept of simple maximal output (which also comes with the baggage of a revved up engine carrying revved-up inertia since the body doesnt just flip a switch revved up or not;) versus the second concept of maximal output with the additional requirement of minimal consumption. We want to be like grumpa driving a car up the hill without hitting the accelerator and getting the process done via the low consumption method of breath harmonization.

Back to our "dyno readout" - the wave propagation of the structure will contain points of lesser and points of greater efficiency. Like blowing a feather in the air, too forceful will be haphazard whereas just the right amount will produce the most efficient utilization of resource. Part of harmonizing the breath is figuring how how to maximize the output of the structures and still keep the consumption as low as possible. So in considering the motion of each structure, keep in mind that the length of travel is specific to each structure.

A good exercise is to focus on each structure individually and ascertain where the focal point of the wave-propagation is. Mostly towards the end, our lovely 70%, because past that the energy input vs motion becomes asymptotic as the physical structure reaches its limit of motion.

Once that's been done, then time to put them together. The dynamic picture of wave propagation evolves, focused about the lower dantien - so it basically becomes a matter of combining amplitudes. In my experience it agrees quite well with a very general rule in quantum mechanics - I'll use two structures with simple numbers for simplicity's sake...I'm sure it can be conveyed a little more clearly but the jist:

if we have two amplitudes a=3 and b=4,

-if the events happen in sequence, multiply the amplitudes: a*b=3x4=12

When practicing, events not in coherence will have the lesser outcome;

-if the events are in coherence but can be distinguished, square the multiples then add: a^2+b^2=9+16=25

In refining, one finds coherence yet events are at least partly still of the mind and thus distinguishable;

-if the events cannot be distinguished, add before absolute squaring - |(a+b )|^2=(3+4)^2=49

Practice until the foreground fades away, background becomes the foreground - and certain events within will start to become indistinguishable, producing the most efficacious result.

The additional energy from the harmonized structures manifests itself strongly in the zheng qi which will make it easier to sit straight and for longer - the path of least resistance established via the mind-gongfu of producing the muscle memory will mean that the Yi wont need to chip in quite so much to maintain the harmonious breath (e.g. "not quite so much mental capital needed") - and in the deep stillness that comes about from shutting your mind and cranial nerves up, the JQS paradigm is enhanced :)

If one is focused on doing, how can one be focused elsewhere? :D

hopefully I didnt only make people go :blink: with this, I didnt mean to ostensibly shut the thread down :lol:

• Like 1

lol it was complicated but I got the gist of it, thanks for the reply

glad it was of benefit /\ the additional energy from harmonization is very helpful ;) that last statement I read somewhere, quite true!

Sign in to follow this