Sign in to follow this  
Empty Cloud

Flexing your Pineal Gland

I've heard of this term in the forum. I often trigger a surge of energy that feels good, descends from my head and distributes into my body. I'm wondering if I'm "flexing, pumping or juicing" my pineal gland or doing something else entirely, like channeling energy from above into my body. How legitimate is this term, What does it stand for, what does it feel like and why is it or is it not recommended?

• Like 1

How legitimate is this term

Not legitimate. Endocrine glands don't flex.

Although sometimes there are areas in the brain that can kind of 'balloon open' (I'm not saying that's the right terminology, either). This may be the third ventricle, and not the pineal gland. But this still isn't "flexing".

It's true that activating the brain centers can cause a descent of sensations throughout the body. A simple explanation, although not complete, is that hormones are released from the pituitary gland which balance and regulate the rest of the endocrine system...and this is what we're feeling.

It's beneficial if done sparingly, like just until you feel it. Then let it go. And best done under the guidance of a teacher, who has legitimate methods.

About "channeling energy from above"...well the upper parts of the body (heart and above) relate to the sky, in Taoist alchemy...in my opinion, these are not just metaphors, but are direct correlations between micro/macrocosm. To change one is to change the other. Maybe the sky does have energy which we absorb into our bodies, when we activate the brain centers. Who knows.

I've heard of this term in the forum. I often trigger a surge of energy that feels good, descends from my head and distributes into my body. I'm wondering if I'm "flexing, pumping or juicing" my pineal gland or doing something else entirely, like channeling energy from above into my body. How legitimate is this term, What does it stand for, what does it feel like and why is it or is it not recommended?

It isnt 'recommended' because generally speaking it isnt under conscious control or actually an option. At high levels of practice anything is possible, but it doesnt need to be "recommended" as the alchemy will run it's course and the stage - appropriate information will download.

I have heard the pineal can become visible via inner sight to the adept and can be as big as thumb pad, even.

But these informations are not really much more than of cerebral interest or inspiration for most of us.

The pineal and the pituitary are transformed by alchemy. Afaik, you dont need to think about doing anything 'yourself' unless your teacher advises you so.

Bringing sky energy in through the crown is a common enough qigong and may be felt as you describe. Sometimes I feel the antennae from the top of my head going soooo high that I feel like I'm balancing a giant telegraph pole.

I think it was Wong Kiew Kit who said that sending up this 'pole' and then asking a question, was a good way to access knowledge which felt unavailable. Interesting to try, perhaps.

• Like 1

Please Note

Bashing is a harsh, gratuitous, prejudicial attack on a person, group or subject.

and is unwelcome on this forum.

or, a mathematical definition indicative of a point of inflection. what precludes muscular motion? electromotive force...

best to have a path of least resistance aimed at the lower centers first :)

or, a mathematical definition indicative of a point of inflection. what precludes muscular motion? electromotive force...

best to have a path of least resistance aimed at the lower centers first :)

exactly.:)

One doesn't actually "flex" the physical pineal gland, but one can at will flex it's corresponding energetic organ/chakra/third eye. One can feel "flex" as if they were blinking an energetic counterpart to their physical eyes.

Sign in to follow this