LBDaoist

Mental Connections

Do any of you have experiences similar to the following?

I often find myself thinking about other people thinking about me / doing things that involve me. The most recent examples have been particularly mundane. For example today I spoke to a recruiter about a job. She mentioned a position with a company that I work with already. One of their sales reps is helping me with a product. I mentioned that it seemed like a small world, and that I would talk to the sales rep about it next time I saw her. As I was driving home half an hour later, I was thinking that the candidate search might be confidental and that the sales rep might not know about it. Therefore, it might not be appropriate to bring it up. So I called the recruiter to ask her about it. She said, "I can stop writing this email to you. I was just going to tell you that the search is confidential and not to bring it up."

I ordered some hardware for work a few weeks ago. I had mentally lost track of it. For no particular reason, I seemed to remember that the hardware had not yet arrived. I was in the middle of writing an email to the woman in charge of purchasing when an email from her showed up telling me that the hardware had shipped and was going to be arriving.

This one is not quite as erie. I have to monitor disk space usage on our servers. I do it randomly a few times throughout the week. I noticed that space was getting low on one of the servers. I emailed the two people in charge of it. Literally the second after I hit send, one of the people emailed me and the other person to tell us that they noticed the disk space was low.

I have read previously that similar things happen with telephone calls. People will be thinking of other people and then wham, the phone will ring and the other person will be on the other end of the line.

Do any of you have similar experiences? Theories?

Khemetic proverb: "be in the rhythm of the time"

Yes, you can sort of notice when someone thinks about you. Synchronouiy thing.

Like you can tell when someone stares at you and you feel good/bad vibes... only this is long distance

I have heard it referred to as the Global Antennae.

I heard when listening to Greg Braden years ago that all the technology that we currently have is the externalisation of technology that we actually have internally but have forgotten how to use, or been sabotaged out of.

You didnt need the emails to be sent via the computers. You'd sent it quicker.

Of course trying to do everything via the global antennae gets a bit tricky. I'm not sure which is trickier at this stage, using language, or the global antennae.

Thanks for the replies. This concept of this being a common phenomenia (sp?) and global antennae leads me to wonder if a group of similarly sensitive people could get together, and attune to some of the meta messages that underly society. Perhaps some of the core beliefs that form the foundation of reality.

Perhaps it might be possible to manifest positive messages. To offer focused healing energy, or positive affirmations. The combined focus of many acting like a radio transmitter of sorts. I would think it might be best to do it in the evenings, late at night... when most people are asleep and their conscious minds have drifted off.

Thanks for the replies. This concept of this being a common phenomenia (sp?) and global antennae leads me to wonder if a group of similarly sensitive people could get together, and attune to some of the meta messages that underly society. Perhaps some of the core beliefs that form the foundation of reality.

Perhaps it might be possible to manifest positive messages. To offer focused healing energy, or positive affirmations. The combined focus of many acting like a radio transmitter of sorts. I would think it might be best to do it in the evenings, late at night... when most people are asleep and their conscious minds have drifted off.

Sounds like you missed this:

Transcendental Meditation Experiment Arrests Crime

Study Shows Dramatic Drop in Violent Crime During D.C. Project

1 June 99

A study published in the peer-reviewed journal Social Indicators Research reports on one of the most dramatic sociological experiments ever undertaken. Researchers predicted in advance that the calming influence of group meditation practice could reduce violent crime by over 20 percent in Washington, D.C., during an 8-week period in the summer of 1993.

In fact, the findings later showed that the rate of violent crime--which included assaults, murders, and rapes--decreased by 23 percent during the June 7 to July 30 experimental period. The odds of this result occurring by chance are less than 2 in 1 billion. Rigorous statistical analyses ruled out an extensive list of alternative explanations, according to John Hagelin, lead author of the study and director of the Institute of Science, Technology and Public Policy at Maharishi University of Management in Fairfield, Iowa.

"This work and theory that informs it deserve the most serious consideration by academics and policy makers alike." Dr. David Edwards, University of Texas- Austin

The demonstration project involved assembling nearly 4,000 practitioners of the Transcendental Meditation and TM-Sidhi programs from 81 countries. Participants were housed in hotels and college dormitories throughout the District of Columbia and at the University of Maryland.

Hagelin says previous research had shown that these meditation techniques "create a state of deep relaxation and coherence in the individual and simultaneously appear to produce an effect that spreads into the environment, influencing people who are not practicing the techniques and who have no knowledge of the experiments themselves."

Last time I had this happened acutley was few days ago with the person I am collaborating on an art project with. She sent me an email and literally not even a minute after I finnished writig an email to her with a very exact contet which totally serves as an answer to her mail and have even used a same joking phrase (which is so peculiar and unexpected as she is peculiar person)as she did in her email which I found seconds later.

My theory is that mind is all prevading , akin to the space.

If the mind is all prevading who does it belong to?

If person is open and less gross ,if s/he is in rhytam (nice one Harmonious!)of the life in general more ,as oppose to only stagnating personal mind/body 'container' - than s/he will switched on and draw from the universal. In which case these type of occurances become more of a common thing.

The whole affair of thinking and doing becomes more connected with an elegant flow .

I liked SIME's post on this one. At some point, the explanation requires a distinct shift in POV of reality. Many explanations are self-referential. I guess that works to satisfaction to a point. I'd actually prefer if that's all it was, coincidental, self-referential, self-driven, I made it happen. Notice anything? The experiences require a 'we' at the very least. That one even by itself is a biggie I reckon.

What does it mean? How far does it go?

Hmm. Still unsure myself.

I have heard it referred to as the Global Antennae.

I heard when listening to Greg Braden years ago that all the technology that we currently have is the externalisation of technology that we actually have internally but have forgotten how to use, or been sabotaged out of.

You didnt need the emails to be sent via the computers. You'd sent it quicker.

Of course trying to do everything via the global antennae gets a bit tricky. I'm not sure which is trickier at this stage, using language, or the global antennae.

I find this to be an excellent description of my own experiences. I have a few friends that are particularly sensitive to my thoughts. It's kind of funny when I don't verbalize anything yet they ask me to repeat myself because it sounded interesting.

I have a rich connection with my girlfriend and my meditation teacher. Those sorts of things happen all the time to me, but only with them. So i guess in my own case, there needs to be some kind of energetic rapport before the synchronicities happen.

I have noticed in my lifetime what seems to be an energetic awakening of everyone tho, in the sense that people today are far more sensitive to being stared at than they were when i was a kid. It might sound crazy to you, but i used to stare at people a lot when i was little, and nobody really cared or noticed. Now, i find that people in general are more sensitive to being looked at, and will look at me even tho they weren't aware of my presence before, in a response to being observed.

Another explanation for this is that my own energies have increased during my lifetime, so that i am affecting people more than i used to when i was a kid. So i am not really convinced that there is some new age awakening just based on that evidence, but it is just a feeling that i have :) So who can say...

I often find that when I am with my partner and thinking of a random subject she will suddenly begin talking about it. It seem as though our thinking is synchronised or attuned.

This occurs far too often for it to be coincidental. It only seems to occur with her and for the record it is not something I ever experienced with my previous wife.

I have noticed in my lifetime what seems to be an energetic awakening of everyone tho, in the sense that people today are far more sensitive to being stared at than they were when i was a kid. It might sound crazy to you, but i used to stare at people a lot when i was little, and nobody really cared or noticed. Now, i find that people in general are more sensitive to being looked at, and will look at me even tho they weren't aware of my presence before, in a response to being observed.

Another explanation for this is that my own energies have increased during my lifetime, so that i am affecting people more than i used to when i was a kid. So i am not really convinced that there is some new age awakening just based on that evidence, but it is just a feeling that i have :) So who can say...

I have noticed similar, but I think it could just be that now as a powerful adult you are a potential threat and people are always on the lookout in their environment for a threat. I expect the people who pick up the most from their environment and are most aware of being looked at are those who had stressful abusive upbringings, so these sorts of things may have nothing to do with spiritual sensitivity, it could even be that people are generally becoming more scared of violence with all the violence in the media all the time.

One way to look at it, as human beings we have a built-in quantum level computer. Our spine acts like a giant wire or a sending/receiving antenna. Humanity is connected at the energetic level. We appear to be separate on the physical plain but that is just part of the illusion. We are definitely connected.

So, yes, this happens to me all of the time. We communicate with each other 'telepathically' all the time.

It might sound crazy to you, but i used to stare at people a lot when i was little, and nobody really cared or noticed.

I was a tremendous starer too, when I was a kid. Teachers thought I was really paying attention to the lessons, but I was just staring. I tried to stop staring in my early 20's when it was commented on. But I think it is natural to stare at other humans when one is in a mild state of amazement about them.

We dont mind children staring at us, so much, as adults. But adults staring at us is disconcerting; what do they want, do I look weird, are they mad? When one goes to a culture where one's type of face is unusual, one gets stared at endlessly. I find it rather a relief, it seems natural.

As children we must have been familiarising ourselves with this strange physiogonmy thing, which is so mobile and noises come out of it.

As a wee infant in my cot, I recall finding faces super hilarious. deeply hilarious. It was clearly: The thing stuck on the top, at the front, which is a signifier of constant import. I also found it purely hilarious that there were facial expressions directed at me, and that I must also have one of those signifiers also.

• Like 2

I have noticed similar, but I think it could just be that now as a powerful adult you are a potential threat and people are always on the lookout in their environment for a threat. I expect the people who pick up the most from their environment and are most aware of being looked at are those who had stressful abusive upbringings, so these sorts of things may have nothing to do with spiritual sensitivity, it could even be that people are generally becoming more scared of violence with all the violence in the media all the time.

yeah i can hear that! nice observation