Sign in to follow this  
starhawk

Hyper consciousness states

Fod for thought and questions for myself... which i now ask to you bums. Thanks!

Why do States of hyper consciousness exist?

Can we willingly induce it?

Are ancient and eastern techniques more effective?

Does the MCO need to be open to experience the deeper levels?

Does hyper conscious States hit you when you least expect it, such as when you do NOTHING :)

Why do these events create such an impact on a person's memory thar that constantly seek it in meditation, etc.

:)

Happy Chinese new year 2012!

What qualifies as a "hyper-conscious state?" Do you mean "acutely aware," such as being absorbed in what one's doing? Short of enjoyment, I think pressure is a big cause for that, but it's possible to turn it on simply by will. See my signature (intensely, with acute awareness :lol: ).

To wax philosophical a bit more, fear can create acute awareness, so can probably any intense emotion, but they can also make one less fully aware ("missing the forest for the trees") which I think is a more valuable destination to work towards. So a calm state of mind can be necessary for full awareness when compatible with awakened senses. Paradoxically, over-stimulated senses can dull awareness... Paddling too hard can flip the boat or over steer it.. Not paddling at all's no good too...

If you've ever paddled with 2 people in a canoe, it's like the back and front need to paddle in balance. The back has to pay attention and keep the boat straight, while the front helps to push but too much and the back can't steer any more.

If you're talking about things like Kundalini awakening, I guess looking deeply into the water sometimes can flip the boat... if you're lucky the waters nice and warm...

I second HE's question. What do you mean by hyper conscious state? The first thing that comes to my mind is expanded awareness.

I posted a topic earlier this evening about weird coincidences. Check it out. Would those fall into hyper-conscious?

I second HE's question. What do you mean by hyper conscious state? The first thing that comes to my mind is expanded awareness.

I posted a topic earlier this evening about weird coincidences. Check it out. Would those fall into hyper-conscious?

I was referring more to kundalindi type events, much like example of staring into water too intently and then you get into the time, forget you're paddling :)

So with weird coincidences, you would also be ACUTELY aware of it as it occurs, and not after the fact only... (so you already detect it, but then after the fact you confirm your experience)

Uncanny events like like this include feeling yourself detached or almost in OBE, but "not in sitting meditation" at the time.

Sign in to follow this