Edward M

Pan Gu Shen Gong

Completely by chance I was offered initiation qi transmission for pan gu shen gong the other day. I accepted as i have had the book on it for 15 years and it is supposed to be good for heart problems.

Anyway, got the transmission yesterday and can really feel it.

Been doing some research on Pan Gu. It seems he is the Chinese version of Adam from the old testament. When you practice this qigong you are supposed to silently count to 26 through out the practice. Researching 26 it is the number of Yahweh in the old testament and also corresponds with iron. Iron corresponds with Mars otherwise known as a god of war and also man or masculine energy, as does Iron.

You have to recite passwords to receive gong before you start the movements.

Anybody got any experience with this practice? The founder of it Ou Wen Wei says he channelled it and the energy by 'negotiating' with a supernatural energy. I actually knew none of this before i agreed to receive the transmission. Not that i'm saying i would not have agreed, just would have considered and researched so more before doing so.

Any thoughts?

Peace

Ed

• Like 2

Researching 26

In Chaldean numerology, which is the only variety I've personally found to be accurate, this is one of the worst numbers. Something to look into if you're interested.

I haven't gotten the transmission, but I do like the little form I learned of Pangu.

EDIT-- not saying that this form of qigong is bad in anyway :) the energy feels very nice! and i'm grateful to the transmitter of the energy to me, thank you :) will probably go and learn this system.. i'm sure i'm making a mountain out of a molehill with the numbers etc...

PEace out

Ed

Edited by Edward M
  • Like 1

For 666, who knows...I barely know the numerology. But I think it's interesting that this verse is in the OT:

1 Kings 10:14

The weight of the gold that Solomon received yearly was 666 talents, 15 not including the revenues from merchants and traders and from all the Arabian kings and the governors of the territories.

REciting the passwords is said to be a requirement to receive the 'gong'... i don't know how it works mate :)

The counting could just be for good time keeping of the movements.. i've asked about it to an instructor.. so will find out.

All the best

Hey Bums,

I edited the posts out of respect for the person who sent me the qi!

Well the number 26 refers to the number of universes and also emanations of a human being. I'm not sure what system it is from, but the info is on the shen gong website apparently.

Also heard the same thing in an article to do with qabbalah.

Anyway, peace out!

Ed

• Like 1

Had a look around since you asked, and yep Michael Winn teaches it on a dvd:

Only shows a small portion of it. But in the comments some info is pointed out about number 26, and in the video itself...at the end when the shen gong is shown.

Peace

Hello, here is something interesting that I just stumbled upon. maybe someone may find it useful.

http://consciouslifenews.com/powerful-manifestation-technique-qi-gong/1147825/

http://counterpoint2reality.wordpress.com/

Manifesting through Qi Gong

This is a deceptively simple, yet very powerful technique to not only improve your health, but improve your sense of psychic perception, your overall feeling of acceptance and calm and, to manifest your reality as you proceed into and through the Matrix, your ‘perceived’ reality. It is based on Pan Gu Mystical Qi Gong by Master Wenwei Ou. I have adapted the technique to incorporate the mystical philosophy of Harold Percival’s Thinking and Destiny and my own experiments and explorations. The technique works, and works great. Give it time until you learn how to surrender into the ‘void of no form’ where you can consciously create and mold– into your reality– the things and events you wish to see. You’re the creator of your dream. Be a conscious part of the unfolding of your dream!

1. First, stand in a relaxed stance with feet shoulder width apart, arms to your sides palms up and in front of the body. Spine should be strait, so tuck in your pelvis slightly, chin down. Relax the entire body trying not to hold tension, let the chi flow unimpeded.

2. Clear your mind of distracting thoughts and take several deep, slow breaths.

3. Begin with an invocation, performed silently. Since we will be working with the two primal forces -yin and yang, male and female, I like to start my invocation by honoring the Mother and Father of All. I give thanks for all that they have created in the physical world and then I send thoughts of love to these archetypes. You can use whatever resonates with you to honor the Source of All. Then I give thanks and blessings to my guardians who guard me from the pitfalls of existence and then to my guides who guide me on my path. Finally, I formulate a vision of what I want to manifest. I try to see it in its completed and final form. I see myself receiving it. I try to mentally feel it, to make it real. Your vision can be for wealth, abundance, love or the accomplishment of something your are doing.

4. Now, bring your (for men) left hand, palm up, to just below your navel, not touching the body. (Right hand for women) Then bring your opposite hand up and over the lower hand as though you are holding a medium size balloon in front of your body. In your mental vision picture the sun between your palms –– hot, male energy, activating power. Holding that vision, begin to rotate your palms in a circle with the image of the sun replacing the balloon. The rotation should be guided by your upper hand, starting with the little finger and moving the circle out and away from the body. Both hands rotate. It’s as though you are massaging a ball of light. Keeping the image of the sun, rotate this 26 times and then stop.

5. Now, as though you are holding a glass of water in your lower hand, carefully lift the hand to the upper position, reversing the palm to face down, all while you are lowering the upper hand to replace the lower. The upper hands moves on the outside and the lower comes up near the body. Try not to touch either the opposite hand or the body when making this move. You should now be just the opposite of your first position. Here, you envision the moon, dark, female and receptive. I sometimes use the metaphor of the male seed and the female egg with the idea we are going to bring them together to potentially create and give birth to our manifestation. Now, begin to rotate, as in the last movement, again leading with the upper hand little finger going out and away from the body. Massage this ball 26 times while keeping the vision of the receptive and impregnable moon.

6. After the 26 times stop the rotation and bring both hands in front of the body, palms facing each other, as though you are holding a ball. See the sun in one hand and the moon in the other. Now, begin to massage and mix the sun and the moon together a though you are massaging the ball in front of the abdomen. Do this 26 times and then bring the hands down to the starting position and begin the series over, beginning with the invocation and visualization. Repeat the entire process for a total of three times.

7. At the end of the 3rd time, after mushing the sun and moon together, separate your hands out to your sides, keeping the palms facing each other and then slowly bring them toward each other until they are about 3-5 inches apart. While drawing them in, visualize that you are collecting energy, chi, from as far out to the sides as you can imagine and pulling it into the center, into the space you created with the sun and moon. Do this 3 times. In essence, you are charging the chi ball with the creative energy of the universe.

8. At the end of the third time bring your hands to under your chin, wrists touching just under the jaw and palms near the ears. This is called the Chrysanthemum Mudra. Hold this position for about 5 seconds and feel the chi collecting near your third eye, between your eyebrows and slightly above.

9. Finally, drop your hands to the starting position and again do your invocation, visualization and then give thanks for what you are about to receive.

Edited by ShivaShakti
  • Like 1

Only shows a small portion of it. But in the comments some info is pointed out about number 26, and in the video itself...at the end when the shen gong is shown.

Peace

I love the Pan Gu form, learned it from Michael Winn. As I recall his explanation of 26 was had to do a 26,000 year positional shift the earth does, ie The Earth's axis completes one full cycle of precession approximately every 26,000 years. Not the most inspiring answer, but thats what he gave.

• Like 4

Hello thelerner,

How do you find pan gu by michael winn?

How's the chi energy? and your overall experience with it?

Is the one on youtube is enough to learn the moving form? maybe you can add what's missing then?

Oh am just beginning to this whole qigong thing. there are lots to read.

Thanks

Hello thelerner,

How do you find pan gu by michael winn?

How's the chi energy? and your overall experience with it?

Is the one on youtube is enough to learn the moving form? maybe you can add what's missing then?

Oh am just beginning to this whole qigong thing. there are lots to read.

Thanks

It was so long ago I bought the video cassette, practiced it then was able to do it with a group at a Healing Tao retreat. Its very very simple, I'm pretty sure I learned it correctly from watching the video, something that can't always be said for many qi gong forms. I like it for its simplicity and it gives you a good feeling for how chi circles. It compliments one of Winns early 5 qi gong forms from Fundamentals II, very simple repetitive movements. You don't necessarily have to get complicated to go deep.

Year ago someone had a post about 3 different teachers, and how they taught it and had a critique of them. At the time I'm not sure Winns' version came out on top. I wonder if I could find the old thread w/ a search?

edit: yeah, type 'pangu form' into search and you should get links to a couple of discussions over the years.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

huh.gif I don't see how blindly reciting numbers and words does anything.

Tapping into a lineage egregore is hardly a blind recitation. words and numbers have specific energetic values that can allow one to tap into different currents of energy. its like a dialing a remote to a specific tv channel. those specific phrases for the Pangu open up & tether a channel to a energetic reservoir of the lineage, speeding up ones cultivation, accumulated by the collective efforts of all whom practiced & continue to. nothing new, nothing different, highly helpful & widely used esoterically.

• Like 5

It's not necessarily any "egregore". Usually shen gong is more like a religious practice that connects with one or various deities, whose energies are channeled by recitation of scriptures and passwords. Mao Shan Shen Gong likely being the one which is also a bit well known in the "west" at least by name. If the practice does not only channel some "egregores" or ghosts or similar beings, but actual higher shen, then one is able to cultivate pre-heaven energy, which is obviously the goal in such practices and which then can be used for gong fu or whatever else. Just doing some qi gong forms is not shen gong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

'Egregore' cool word. I'm leery of anything channeled. But I like simple. This came to me from a teacher (M. Winn) I respect who had experience with a wide variety of forms and masters. Plus I saw a few respected masters had picked it up and recommended it. There was a good post (can't find it now) of someone who had experience and compared 3 styles of Pan Gu teaching. Mostly the same with differences in speed and accent.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Beware when anyone takes someone else's teaching and "modifies" it. Pangu Shengong needs initiation qi transmitted by Master Ou or any of his trained teachers for it to work as it was intended to work. Pay the fee to get the course the way it is meant to be taught. Everything about Pangu Shengong is simple except for the benefits, they are profound.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Beware when anyone takes someone else's teaching and "modifies" it. Pangu Shengong needs initiation qi transmitted by Master Ou or any of his trained teachers for it to work as it was intended to work. Pay the fee to get the course the way it is meant to be taught. Everything about Pangu Shengong is simple except for the benefits, they are profound.

I'm in Chicago. Looks like most of the teaching is done on the East coast. I'll keep an eye out for any Midwest seminars. It'd be worthwhile to brush up on it.

• Like 1

I am originally from Chicago, Albany Park neighborhood and then Skokie.

That seems so far from my inner cultivation lifestyle that I adopted 40 yrs ago after leaving Chicago when my education was complete. Anyway, I learned Pangu Shengu from their correspondence course which consists of a manual, DVD lecture/instruction and the CD of Master Ou which leads you thru the complete practice so you do not even have to count for yourself or even memorize the password. It is great. He sends the initiation energy to you the first time you do the form. My medical clairvoyant can see the effects of anything, energy work, supplement, you name it, just by knowing the name of it. He said this is a very powerful system, opening up the 3 main channels in the Vedic system of India which result in Kundalini rising and this is the energy that results in healing the body. He has no idea what the form looks like so it is very interesting that we rotate the hands on the 2 channels off of our center line and then the center of the chest. These are where the ancient drawings of the 3 main nadis of the Vedic system reside. Very similar to Microcosmic Orbit path but he said Pangu is not the same as MCO.

Edited by tao stillness
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1