Sign in to follow this  
Aaron

You gotta love the republicans...

This is an excerpt from an article by Chris Moody at "The Ticket". It's about the republican's response to Obama urging states to require students to stay in school until they're eighteen or graduate...

"WASHINGTON -- High school dropouts, do not fear. The Republican Party will protect you from Barack Obama's efforts to keep you at your desk.

At his third State of the Union Address Tuesday night, the president challenged all states to ban children from dropping out of high school before they turn 18. "Tonight," Obama bellowed, "I am proposing that every state--every state--requires that all students stay in high school until they graduate or turn 18."

Obama wasn't proposing a new federal program, but his use of the bully pulpit to tell local jurisdictions how to run their school districts was enough to make some Republicans, already sensitive to the increasing role of the federal government in education over the past few years, bristle.

"That's none of his business!" said Utah Republican Sen. Mike Lee while speaking to reporters after the speech. "He's not a principal! He's not a public school teacher! He's not a governor, he's not a mayor. These are matters for state and local government."

Standing in Statuary Hall outside the House chamber, Lee, a senator whose rise to prominence was propelled by the tea party, went on to say that there was plenty in Obama's speech that made him want to scream, but he held his tongue.

"I did not want to be Joe Wilson!" Lee said. Meanwhile, Joe Wilson, who shouted "You Lie!" during a presidential address in 2009, was standing directly behind him, about three feet away..."

Oh gosh... that has got to be the funniest thing I've read in the news in years. You can read the rest of the story here!

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

Republicans, between Donald Trump, Sarah Palin, Herman 999 Cain and this nut Utah Republican Sen. Mike Lee have lost all credibility with the American people.

and then there is the former speaker and the republican front runner Newt Gingrich who said minority and african american high school kids should work as janitors. a great way to build a kids self esteem mr speaker...

I can sympathize with Mr Lee - I get annoyed at the array of blatant falsehoods that come out Obama's mouth every time he opens it. That's why I generally try to avoid being subjected to his teleprompter.

"One can prove or refute anything at all with words. Soon people will perfect language technology to such an extent that they'll be proving with mathematical precision that twice two is seven"

I wonder if he got "saved or created" from Chekhov :lol:

I agree with Newt on the janitor and such positions - of course lots of "post racial" people only see race in such a statement though they claim to be past all of this racial crap...proclaim such and then what's the first thing they see and bitch about....race! What a joke. People like Obama, Sheila Jackson Lee, Jesse Jackson (& the even more zealous Jr) are all racist to the core and cannot get race out of every single little thing they view. The idea is to teach kids a work ethic. What a concept! A paycheck, how's that for esteem building? One has taken steps toward self sufficiency. How is that not something we should be teaching our kids???

Do a fact check on Obama's sotu teleprompter-reading - he's embellished a whole hell of a lot as usual and is basically positioning himself to run against congress since to run on his record would be a virtually guaranteed loss.

• Like 2

Republicans have complained about voter fraud which rarely occurs. However the real problem is election fraud. Allegations have surfaced in the past with little follow through by the DOJ. Now the Gingrich campaign is alleged to have committed election fraud!

http://www.bradblog.com/?p=9099

I agree with Newt on the janitor and such positions - of course lots of "post racial" people only see race in such a statement though they claim to be past all of this racial crap...proclaim such and then what's the first thing they see and bitch about....race! What a joke. People like Obama, Sheila Jackson Lee, Jesse Jackson (& the even more zealous Jr) are all racist to the core and cannot get race out of every single little thing they view.

In what way are they racist? You and your right wing cronies just can't keep race out of the conversation, can you! What I see in your narrative is nothing but divisiveness. That is what you are best at.

Edited by ralis

In what way are they racist?

Do you pay any attention to the words that come out of their mouths? Pretty sure I just saw an article the other day making the same mention of Obama regarding divisiveness, so what else is new? I'm only "divisive" in that I'll call a spade a spade - if you're missing the racial crap coming from the mouths of those people then frankly you're not paying attention but to whatever makes it through that filter in your head.

and regarding voter fraud, how do you think al franken got seated, dan malloy became ct governor? why focus on secretary of state races? it all adds up if you're willing to look - but you only see the banks's evils, corporations evils, and refuse to even acknowledge the government's enabling hand in it.

*shoots the broad side of the barn*

The lastest dumb thing to come out of the republicans is the bashing of Clint Eastwood superbowl ad.

Half time in America I thought was an excellent ad. However the repblicans, led by Karl Rove said that he was 'offended' by the ad. Yes, anytime there are signs of growth and prosperity in America, the republicans get 'offended'.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/06/clint-eastwood-on-chrysler-super-bowl-commercial-not-affiliated-obama_n_1258701.html

yeah the half time. thought clint was a republican? anyways i can relate with him that the gop has left(obviously no pun)(gone far away) from many of its former members.

clint did say if obama or anyone wanted to use the ad. to go for it.

@ralis, remember who's island it was!! the happy warrior will return. laugh.gif

the halftime analogy was apropos - with more people sitting on their asses than ever before, there's quite a few people ready to get back in the game, if the refs would like to blow the whistle and let the game proceed!

personally I thought it came across as a bit contrived, but I watch super bowl commercials to hopefully get a laugh.

Does this say more about Republicans than Americans in general?

378161_213701055368301_100001852240435_540379_1003918205_n.jpg

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

or more about the lengthy contrivances people will go to in order to make their ideological opponents appear to be suptid, monstroust, eveil bigots...

or more about the lengthy contrivances people will go to in order to make their ideological opponents appear to be suptid, monstroust, eveil bigots...

Nice spelling. :lol:

dont look now but romney has sprung a leak

and who was left off gilligan's island!

Edited by zerostao

does anyone here think we DONT have a government comprised largely of wolves?

“That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons history has to teach.”- Aldous Huxley

Edited by joeblast

does anyone here think we DONT have a government comprised largely of wolves?

“That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons history has to teach.”- Aldous Huxley

Your world view that markets need less regulation which is the primary cause for the economic disaster perpetrated on the world economy. The ideology of Ayn Rand objectivist, laissez faire economics is a lesson that you, The Cato Institute and the "Republican Tea Bagger" movement, have yet to learn.

Edited by ralis

Sign in to follow this