secret societies and crazy cool shit...

awakened kundalini?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. awakened kundalini?

• yes, of course...
    • not yet motherfucker !

what do you guys know about secret societies? not just if they exist or not, but, as I suspect, that they are spiritually evolved, gifted, inclined.

theosophical society.. not really secret but very underground, I'm sure.. surely they still exist, I've read a book published by them .. I think in the 70's?

the templar knights, as talked about in the book 'the da vinci code'...

according to the theosophical society, there is even a group of immortals residing in the himilaya's.

surely there are these 'societies' of people who are spiritually gifted. advanced... evolved... to which if the common people (i.e. me) are compared, we are barbarians.

the day will come when I am evolved. (I will probably be an immortal, that is what I believe)... and when this time comes, when my mind and the mind of the people are one... I will search out these people and they will help me on my quest for immortality. (haha, like I am living in a science fiction novel, it sounds, eh? we are so lucky to know about this shit..)

but I know many of these forum-goers are awakened, at least somewhat... what do you think about all of this?

Dots,

The time will come and you will realize how stupid most of the ideas we have are, and how ignorant we were and still are. A little step away from the path and you end up miles away from the goal. How can one see if the path he's chosen is correct? His wisdom and merit will enable him to do that. No wisdom or merit- no chance to succeed, and so one will be still spinning his orbit in the illusionary world of his whole-hearted hopes and dreams.

And so, Dots, if you really want to succeed, you have to do good deeds, and with discipline and practice you will see things clearer. Then maybe, you will have a slightest chance.

You are in the Army, and soon enough you will see death and destruction of the human spirit. Is there a chance for you stopping your mind in those conditions? Is there a chance for your success in spiritual cultivation if you kill anyone in the process? Can you succeed if your irradiated body is falling apart from depleted uranium and other poisons? Ask any soldier who returned from the Gulf War how their health is? They say there is always a second chance- they just don't mention it can take a few lifetimes to get it.

You're treating this thing like it's a game.

Good luck.

maybe I over-emphasize my will to search out these people, these groups, these ideas.

you criticize me but in a very kind way and I love you for it. In fact I would appreciate you if went went into more depth, if you can... I guess I am not sure if I fully understand what you are saying.. what you are replying to..

about merit... I have never before bought into too deeply these buddhist concepts... I am very taoist at heart... nihilistic taoist, no dogma, very zen taoist. I have seen alot of talk about feeding ghosts and stuff... about how it will be cause for good fortune in my next life... I have no next life... "I" only exist in this life... my energies will be recycled into several different people, all of whom will not be 'me'. and frankly I dont give a damn about those people, and how they develope spiritually. (not to be rude, or portray any sense of negative energy, as my misleading language may allude...)

perhaps you, or anyone, can convince me? I am open to explanations, 100%...

and, oh dear, my occupation in the army.. ! it is very curious how it will effect me spiritually ! I dont worry, though. it is only a short 4 years.. old chinese custom was to study and practice confucianism, until they came of age and turned to taoism. the purpose was to set a solid foundation in 'this' world, so they could practice taoism with less hindrance. it's easier for a financially secure, well-supported man to practice taoism than a bum.. what I am saying is that it is very necassary that I have joined the army, if I want to set a successful foundation for the future.. (am I astray from the point?...)

if I get the chance to kill a man (truthfully, I would like to kill a fundamentalist. I would like to know what it feels like to kill a man...) I dont very seriously believethat it would effect me too much.. again I believe in the non-dogmatic side of taoist philosophy.. and to me killing a fundamentalist may perhaps be equal to killing a goat... they are both unawakened, they are both animals. one is smarter than the other, that is all. (the fundamentalist is smarter than the goat, I mean... better make that clear :lol: ) the only murder that I consider sinful (just becuase it is a shame..) is the murder of awakened beings or of those who are on a true and serious path to awakenment. theirs are lives (or no- lives? :wink: ) that are worth anything...

wisdom ! yes, wisdom is indeed a prerequisite to good practice.. it is easily fleeting, but again it is easily attained. daily study of the tao te ching will make one man wise enough for three. when I first got into taoism, I read the tao te ching daily, and lived by it.. and though you are only wise for as long as you are reminded and inspired, (that is to say, it goes away after a while :P ) I was incredibly wise for periods of times. I dont doubt I can be it again very easily, when the time comes when I need it the most...

I am treating this like a game... yes, perhaps... I dont know... you can never take your spirituality too seriously.. until you sit all day in meditation and be not even aware of your spirituality, you are not taking it seriously enough.

oh what a lengthy post -!! max you have inspired me to write a brilliant post.. I have poured out quite a bit of myself... I'd be absolutely delighted for a decent reply... hopefully I'll be in a similiar, inspirational mood when I read it. :)

What a can of worms!!! Obviously, Buddhists ain't into killing people or anyone who has a chance of obtaining liberation within the current body. Even killing animals is negative.

You gotta read what Krishna said in the Bhagavad Gita if you haven't already. Arjuna had to kill his own relatives in an ancient civil war and Krishna said to do it, that in the deeper reality it's impossible to actually kill anyone as we are all eternal also you don't have the power to kill either--all death is due to one's own karma. Essentially, all death is suicide and illusory. That's my own take as well.

Interestingly, at the end of the Mahabarata of which the BG is a chapter, the bad guys went to heaven and the good guys went to hell for being too righteous and outraged at the bad guys' good fortune, but it seemed more of a practical joke from Krishna and eventually everyone got to party on in heaven.

You and Max will have a hard time finding traction to even discuss this subject b/c any view discussed is overloaded with assumptions. But it's important to consider as the stakes are huge.

I think that Buddhism has the best embodied teachers on the planet but that their philosophy is too negative in my opinion. More beings go to hell/lower realms in Buddhism than all other religions combined! Let's hope they're wrong or we're toast!

-Yoda

You can look at the sun and remain with no shadow of doubt.

Tao Te Ching gives you wisdom, and killing sometimes feels just right.

Reading scriptures will surely empty your mind.

Free from ego, you look with no merit in sight...

that was a cool fucking post, man.

:shock:

I wondered if Smile replied to my poll....................

an interesting series of books about this is "life and teachings of the masters of the far east" by baird t. spalding. there is also a sort of encyclopedia about these groups written by robert anton wilson that's in paperback and pretty cheap. no in depth info but it gives some resources including web links for further research. you might also try the nexus magazine website. they cover a lot of stories about this stuff and have an extensive links section.

there is a word of warning here though: there is a helluva lotta chaff with the wheat. good luck separating it. people have literally flipped out researching this stuff.

Hmmm, murder, killing fundamentalists, comparing them to a goat.

I take your point about killing, but it's not really 'choice' is it, I mean by choice, as in preferable. I think the problem is not in the actual killing, as energy cannot be destroyed and as another poster pointed out we are eternal. I think death is already decided on an energy level, thereafter you draw to you the circumstances of that death to you. whether that be tripping up and banging your head or drawing a soldier into your life who's gonna blow your brains out(not to put too finer point on it)It is the same result BUT, if I kill you, you probably wouldn't mind too much, but your family are gonna be well p*ssed. The resulting feelings that they experience I will have to endure at some point, at least if you believe or not in the laws of karma, frankly from my experience the laws of karma don't really care if you believe in them or not, they still operate.

It's all very well to think you could live with it, but since you can't really feel what others feel you have no idea the effects that one killing may have on you at some point. You kill a goat it's unlikely many sheep will be weeping, no sheep is gonna commit suicide due to grief over Mr. Goat, but humans....bit too complex for their own good really.

I can't imagine what the Earth will be like when Kundalini Awakened people reach the majority of the global population. What would the world be like then?

Edited by hyok