Sign in to follow this  
Gerard

Desert Cave Experience

Caves are very interesting places. One can really get a good look at one's self while in a cave if time is taken to do that.

This fellow is a Church of England clergyman who has produced a couple of very interesting documentaries on both Christianity and world religion in general. A very interesting bloke.

rev. Peter Owen Jones

I saw his episode on China, he went to a big government sponsored temple which might have been the Shaolin temple, but found most of what was going on was for show and for tourism and there was nothing really spiritual about it so he left and went to a smaller temple in the mountains. He seemed to approach everything with an open mind and went into it with enthusiasm, i'm not sure he found a genuine teacher in China though.

I saw his episode on China, he went to a big government sponsored temple which might have been the Shaolin temple, but found most of what was going on was for show and for tourism

yes sad to see the disneyfication of a shaolin monestary.

The third episode of peter owen is perhaps the best. his three weeks in a egyptian desert cave. he nearly went mad!

youtube chops it up, but segments Los Coptos 3/6, 4/6, 5/6 and 6/6 are just amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE4V_lyAV3o&feature=related

Sign in to follow this