Sign in to follow this  
Kombaiyashii

Why are some autistic people so talented?

Something that continues to amaze me are video's on autistic people with almost superpowers, their level of talent is just incredible.

I keep wondering what makes these people so talented?

I live with a family whose oldest son, almsot 5 years old, is autistic. It's a struggle every day to work with him, as most times he has a mentality of a 1 or 2 year old and throws tantrums at every little thing he doesnt like.

In my experience with him, it is obvious his mind never shuts down, slows, or calms. he hates sleep or trying to go to sleep and can and will run rampant for over 36 hours if we dont put efforts into wearing him out during the day.

He is very talented with the strictly logical aspect of the mind, but has no sense of intuition or external emotion (i.e. he doesnt give a shit if you feel anything at all, you're just one of his resources for what he cant get on his own), but is highly sensitive of his own feelings and ideas.

He isnt incapable of learning, he's proven this very quickly with his speech improvements and pattern recognition, but he is highly reluctant or outright unwilling to learn some things, like potty training or speech improvements.

He is not an evil person or a bad person, he isnt wrong for what he does, but he doesnt make it easy to work with him, often times deliberately so because he feels in control of people by the way they react to him, like he is making them react in one way or another. when you react in an unexpected way, sometimes he reacts violently to even positive reactions, because it's not what he expected.

His capacity for intelligence is showing tremendous potential, but the path to acquiring it will be long and fought tooth and nail.

I live with a family whose oldest son, almsot 5 years old, is autistic. It's a struggle every day to work with him, as most times he has a mentality of a 1 or 2 year old and throws tantrums at every little thing he doesnt like.

In my experience with him, it is obvious his mind never shuts down, slows, or calms. he hates sleep or trying to go to sleep and can and will run rampant for over 36 hours if we dont put efforts into wearing him out during the day.

He is very talented with the strictly logical aspect of the mind, but has no sense of intuition or external emotion (i.e. he doesnt give a shit if you feel anything at all, you're just one of his resources for what he cant get on his own), but is highly sensitive of his own feelings and ideas.

He isnt incapable of learning, he's proven this very quickly with his speech improvements and pattern recognition, but he is highly reluctant or outright unwilling to learn some things, like potty training or speech improvements.

He is not an evil person or a bad person, he isnt wrong for what he does, but he doesnt make it easy to work with him, often times deliberately so because he feels in control of people by the way they react to him, like he is making them react in one way or another. when you react in an unexpected way, sometimes he reacts violently to even positive reactions, because it's not what he expected.

His capacity for intelligence is showing tremendous potential, but the path to acquiring it will be long and fought tooth and nail.

Why do people with OCD have really clean houses? The ability to fixate and even hyperfixate can be useful, but when people can't turn it off and don't have some sort of balance in life it can really be a problem too.

Sign in to follow this