Sign in to follow this  
Marks of Glory

Weak Knee

I have been intensevely practicing yoga for the past 2 years... today I can sit in siddhasana for 1 hr before feeling pain on knees.. but when I get out of the posture it hurt and burns like hell...

I would like to know if any one knows the correct points to moxa to increase its strength and reduce arthritis and joint inflamations....

I will list some other methods that I know.

1) Drinking alittle more milk than usual (this will make your body produce more lymph,and more lymph will generate more synovial fluid)

2) rub ghee on joints everyday and let for the body to absorb (external lubrication)

3) some ghee on diet (internal lubrication)

4) Mud therapy - apply some moist mud on affected knee.. this will conduce energy to that especific point (physically it will reduce the temperature, and the body will make and effort of rising the temperature again by sending a larger blood supply - pendular principle) this will conduce more lymph and sinovial fluid to the especific location.

(people who suffer from consipation can use mud packs on belly, etc...)

the moxa points for inflamations and knee joints really will be very helpful.

I really need to treat then now before this condition becomes chronic

May Blessings be poured on us!

Thank You

• Like 1

I have been intensevely practicing yoga for the past 2 years... today I can sit in siddhasana for 1 hr before feeling pain on knees.. but when I get out of the posture it hurt and burns like hell...

(people who suffer from consipation can use mud packs on belly, etc...)

I really need to treat then now before this condition becomes chronic

May Blessings be poured on us!

Thank You

Constipation is diet related.

If you can sit for 1 hour before feeling pain in your knees how about sitting for 45 minutes or a point before pain starts. Gradually you may be able to increase the time before you feel pain or not.

May blessings and common sense be poured upon us!

From an energetic standpoint, the statement that you have a weak knee doesn't really hold up as true.

Assuming that you have a physical problem comes up as a misinterpretation of what's going on with your knee.

The issue seems to be coming more from your mind in terms of mental fitness. Fitness would be a hexagon of strength, endurance, coordination, flexibility, agility, and speed. Endurance and flexibility were weak at the mental level, corrected to 100% with infinite potential. There was also some misinformation weakness around aging, also corrected.

I would like to know if any one knows the correct points to moxa to increase its strength and reduce arthritis and joint inflamations....

Thank You

i would suggest a medical check-up, and professional advice, just for the heck of it.

as a practical advice, you may try 1 hour long daily leisure walks.

and shark cartilage supplements.

good luck

L1

Apparently, sitting for 1 hour is the cause of the effect. How about doing some isometric Chi Kung...???

Zhan Zhuang is good for weak knees but you must get over the painful hurdle in the first few weeks.

Edited by ChiDragon

Patient to Doctor, "Doctor, it hurts when I do "x", what should I do?"

Doctor to patient, "Then don't do that."

While the above makes a whole lot of sense, in reality people are gonna do whatever they want to do.

If I personally were in the OP's shoes, I would first visit a physician. Then I would immediately look up a medical qigong therapist. Then I would stop doing whatever made it hurt if the first two didn't help. I personally take fish oil, glucosamine, and tumeric, but certainly have no advice for OP.

• Like 1

on a side note and may be un related but reminded me,

once a shawnee elder told me that "your knees hold your fear"

and i would take a look at Gerard's link.

tumeric?

tumeric is one herb/spice (whatever it is) i would recommend for daily use.

i agree it is good for the joints and apparently more

http://www.healthdia...f-turmeric.html

edit>spelling smile.gif

Edited by zerostao

Constipation is diet related.

If you can sit for 1 hour before feeling pain in your knees how about sitting for 45 minutes or a point before pain starts. Gradually you may be able to increase the time before you feel pain or not.

May blessings and common sense be poured upon us!

My knees hurt really bad after I first got back into martial arts a couple of years ago, so I went to the Dr. The doc ordered x rays and just pretty much felt of my knee, pressed on certain parts and asked "does this hurt?"

At any rate, after finding out there was no obvious problems with my knee physiologically, I then done exactly as mythmaker said and for that matter I am still working it! I have been diagnosed with a bone disease which I don't know the name of, but it was called Rhuematory Arthritis when I was child, I digress again, my point being I have kind of the same problem with my hips, so what I have had to realize is that LESS IS MORE. ...and internal development takes time and can't be forced, same with rehabilitating the human body.

Some great respsones in this thread, go with your heart and what does not hurt. TTB rocks.

My knees hurt really bad after I first got back into martial arts a couple of years ago, so I went to the Dr. The doc ordered x rays and just pretty much felt of my knee, pressed on certain parts and asked "does this hurt?"

At any rate, after finding out there was no obvious problems with my knee physiologically, I then done exactly as mythmaker said and for that matter I am still working it! I have been diagnosed with a bone disease which I don't know the name of, but it was called Rhuematory Arthritis when I was child, I digress again, my point being I have kind of the same problem with my hips, so what I have had to realize is that LESS IS MORE. ...and internal development takes time and can't be forced, same with rehabilitating the human body.

Some great respsones in this thread, go with your heart and what does not hurt. TTB rocks.

Rheumatoid arthritis can sometimes be helped by diet- also anti inflammatory herbs such as ginger, tumeric , boswellia. Do a google.

Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease.

There is really no one cure all

The body mistakenly protects an area / joint by swelling as if there was an injury.

So movement will help - bagua - taiji- qigong among others.

Another thing that can help is a long fast or short fasts of one to three days - water only.

If you can't do water - broth

I had never heard of hanna somatics! Thank you Rainbow Vein! I am going to give them a go and do more research on hanna somatics.

...and yes, rhumatoid (wrong spelling) arthritis is an autoimmune disease and virtually ANY rx medicine for it is very hard on the liver, which leaves people with existing liver disease and/or another autoimmune disease not so many choices (i can relate), thus leaving some between the proverbial rock and a hard place.

I think I have mentioned this before, but the whole reason I started kung fu as a child in 89 was for my arthritic hips!

Sign in to follow this