Sign in to follow this  
Encephalon

Tough guy cheating

Sort of cheating. 3 minutes is a long time on your ankle and stabilizer muscles, but doing this with your eyes closed is the real test. Anyone can do it with a month of daily practice.

I practice a lot of Taiji stepping.

A teacher told me years ago that we should have as much awareness in our feet as we have in our hands, and I really took that on board. Not there yet, but I am a lot closer, and am really aware of what my feet are doing and exactly where they are going - Hacky sack helps too :lol:

Would Bosu help with this goal?

What do you use it for?

I practice a lot of Taiji stepping.

A teacher told me years ago that we should have as much awareness in our feet as we have in our hands, and I really took that on board. Not there yet, but I am a lot closer, and am really aware of what my feet are doing and exactly where they are going - Hacky sack helps too :lol:

Would Bosu help with this goal?

What do you use it for?

BOSU drills are ideal for this function. Visiting the BOSU website and reading some of the data on the studies that have been done is mighty inspiring. It doesn't seem plausible that our feet could ever match the neural sophistication of our upper limbs - we'd have to go back several hundred million years for that - but balance training, including all the stabilizers in the foot/ankle/calf complex can create a magical sense of groundedness.

Toward the same end, I make sure my baby daughter's daily tui na session includes the yongquan - "bubbling spring" points on the bottom of the feet.

Edited by Encephalon

It doesn't seem plausible that our feet could ever match the neural sophistication of our upper limbs - we'd have to go back several hundred million years for that -

Really? Have you seen those disabled artists who paint with their feet? Amazing!

Its just a matter of having enough awareness in them for long enough, to really turn them on. Most of us are very top heavy, awareness wise. {As in we get around with more of our awareness above the belly button} :)

• Like 2

Really? Have you seen those disabled artists who paint with their feet? Amazing!

Its just a matter of having enough awareness in them for long enough, to really turn them on. Most of us are very top heavy, awareness wise. {As in we get around with more of our awareness above the belly button} :)

I understand. I was thinking along the lines of hanging by our feet in the branches, but I have seen people typing with their toes.

Sign in to follow this