Encephalon

My New Year Cleanse and Fitness Routine

I did the Master Cleanse 3 times last year, at the start of each quarter, so I'm slightly overdue, partially because of a bunionectomy in December which left me with some limited movement. but now I'm good to go.

I'm still going to use the Master Cleanse but this time I'm adding a twice daily concoction of 1 TBS of psyllium with 1 tsp of Super Colon Cleanse, just to flush out all the chocolate, carnitas tacos, and vicodin over the holidays.

I also plan to continue an abbreviated workout for the 12-14 day regimen; kettlebell swings and clubbell workouts on day 1, yoga with Steve Ross (video) on day 2, and hill climbing or elliptical work on day 3, repeating. I currently weigh 25 lbs more than I care to. Yuck. I think that with a little discipline I can get back to where I was 5 years ago - 135 lbs @ 10% bodyfat. I looked like a kickboxer back then!

To minimize muscle loss I am supplementing with organic hemp seeds, 3TBS a day, and for an evening meal, I'm sprouting my own sprout salad of mung bean, wheat berry, lentil and fenugreek.

I'm also maintaining my regular daily herbal regimen of hawthorn berry, horsetail, schizandra and olive leaf extract, but I'm dropping the vitamins. I'm also sticking with my 7-Keto every other day because it makes old men like me feel like we're in our 30s again.

Edited by Encephalon

Good luck to you!

I don't know why but something just flashed in my head to recommend you superfoods. Like chlorella or spirulina or barley grass.

Happy cleansing!

May you prove an example to us all.

There's something about declaring your intention that lights a small fire under your seat. :lol:

Correction - I don't own clubbells, maybe someday. For now I use these leverage bars that I made from scratch. Just weight one end and slip some foam handles over the opposite end. 4b0e3399.jpg

Talk about a serious arm workout, from fingers to shoulders... you even recruit traps when doing reverse blocks.

And of course, I do all clubbell/leverage bar routines on an upside down BOSU for added balance and core strength, as this young lady demonstrates.

Aren't ya'll dreadfully inspired?

Edited by Encephalon

Clubbells certainly improve grip strength and are excellent for shoulder mobility. But for functional strength and explosive power I would always rank the kettlebell in first place.

Clubbells certainly improve grip strength and are excellent for shoulder mobility. But for functional strength and explosive power I would always rank the kettlebell in first place.

Very true. I dig Sonnon's routine because it targets the entire arm from fingers to traps. I have this goal of using these routines to improve my chin na but I'm probably kidding myself; you need to be incredibly fast for chin na and I'm slowing down at 50+.

I weighed in this morning at 155.6 lbs. That's down from 157 yesterday. I still have two "meals" of psyllium and sprout/hemp salad inside of me, so it's probably less, but a pound a day is average.

I feel fantastic. I did 3X50 with the 12KB K-bell yesterday and hardly felt it, except for a little back tension this morning, but that's what the inversion table is for.

I think I'm benefiting from the 7-Keto!

You may well be aware of this fellow already but if not I would recommend taking a look.

Mike Mahler

He has a ton of stuff on You Tube demonstrating exercises and technique for kettlebell training. I like his style.

You may well be aware of this fellow already but if not I would recommend taking a look.

Mike Mahler

He has a ton of stuff on You Tube demonstrating exercises and technique for kettlebell training. I like his style.

Yeah, he's a fellow Angelino. I've seen him at the beach. He's also vegetarian and freakishly strong.

Wed. morning weigh-in - 144.4 lbs. A pound a day, right on schedule. Besides the sprout salad with hemp seed, I cheated with a carrot.

I think my future may actually hold a dietary regimen that is semi-fasting in nature. Undereating during the day - buckwheat for breakfast, berries for lunch - followed by a chef's salad at night. I'd love to get ripped again and not get that bogged down feeling that comes from eating either too much food or the wrong kind.

If I don't consider this option I am doomed to gaining the weight back again, but at least I can work out again. Yesterday's yoga routine with my favorite TV yoga guy, Steve Ross, kicked my ass. I used to sail through this show and did it for 6 months straight. Unfortunately, it's not airing right now, but I recorded dozens of episodes. It's not for purists; the music can be a little over the top, but it's a massive upper body workout. And the chicks are hot.

Edited by Encephalon

'Tis working. 153.4 lbs. I'm encouraged by this system of cleansing insead of strict fasting because one, the psyllium and the hempseed/sprout salad kill the hunger and two, I have a feeling tnhat if I were to continue a 10-14 day fast every quarter I would most likely digest my hard-won muscle tissue, and that ain't no good.

Aren't you all finding this fascinating? Aren't the subtleties of my bowels the most compelling drama of this modern age? :lol:

First thing I dared read on this thread was your last post. You mentioned "bowels" and I didn't feel like going back to the start of the thread. Does it mention a relationship between gut health and mental/emotional health? You know 'second brain' (hint, everything is another 'brain' now :lol: )

M - 157.0

T - 155.6

W - 154.4

T - 153.4

F - 152.2 this am

OK, this is working. The more disciplined I am with diet and menu planning and portion control, the closer I get to actually "cleansing" with food on a sustainable, long term basis. Right now if feels like I could simply introduce chef salads at night, keep the fruit & veggie regimen going during the day and I'd be okay.

Talk is cheap!

"Does it mention a relationship between gut health and mental/emotional health? You know 'second brain' (hint, everything is another 'brain' now"

The Second Brain is an excellent book for simple anatomy for cultivators, but no, I was referencing some colon cleanse powder. I will not subject you to this indignity again.

Edited by Encephalon