AstralProjectee

It this Chi I'm feeling?

Hi all, I heard you can move Chi up your feet. So I started trying to do it. I am working on my left foot as my right foot is injured. So I'm working on trying to move the chi up my left foot and I would feel a pressure at the middle, bottom of my foot when doing it. I do what I think is the beginning stages of pulling chi into my foot. On top of the pressure. I am really starting to get a tingle and pleasurable sensations in my left foot. Am I really pulling chi into my body or am I just activating chi or something?

Peace!

Edited by AstralProjectee

Hi all, I heard you can move Chi up your feet. So I started trying to do it. I am working on my left foot as my right foot is injured. So I'm working on trying to move the chi up my left foot and I would feel a pressure at the middle, bottom of my foot when doing it. I do what I think is the beginning stages of pulling chi into my foot. On top of the pressure. I am really starting to get a tingle and pleasurable sensations in my left foot. Am I really pulling chi into my body or am I just activating chi or something?

Peace!

Be careful!

Qi follows attention... (Qi = Chi)

Focusing on your left leg intensifies... concentrates qi in this leg...

Thus you feel sensations like a tingle...

This is a misuge of Qigong...

You are hurting yourself in this way...

Don't do anything, you don't know what you're doing and you can hurt yourself so keep studying first before you start experimenting. Just pulling chi where ever you want and leaving it there creates blockages, I bet you are getting more of a numb feeling then just chi. Study study study study

Peace!

you can move chi anywhere in your body. if you're new to this sort of thing, the only warning i think worth heeding is to not strain yourself. don't try too hard. don't force anything to happen; allow it to happen. forcing things can get you into a little bit of trouble, but experimenting is a positive, natural inclination. i say go for it. screw all the warnings. you're probably not moving enough chi to get yourself into trouble anyway.

your personal exploration will teach you more than a lot of studying will. lots of studying can load you down with a bunch of unnecessary rules and limitations. some people adopt those rules and limitations even before they have their first experience of chi flow. don't let that happen to you.

i wouldn't play too much with the spinal column without guidance, but you should feel free to explore your own body and your own body's connection to chi. and if anything gets uncomfortable, there are plenty of folks here who can help you clear it up.

have fun!

oh, and if you have a hurt foot, why not practice with that foot? :) don't worry about meridians or points, just intend for loving, healing energy to be drawn in, and breathe that energy into the foot. breath it right into the skin, into the whole foot. breathe in love and healing, breathe out pain and sickness. nothing forced. playfully.

see what happens.

and please check out this thread. i made it just for people like you. :)

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/22213-connecting-with-qi-no-system-required/page__p__316243entry316243

• Like 1