Tux

Teachers on the big island of Hawaii?

Ok I said I would just call it done but this is really ridiculous. I have worked with actual trained attack dogs with multiple military branches in several countries. I've been confronted in the civilian sector by jackasses who thought they could scare me off with their big 'vicious' dog and yah know what? It's bullshit. They take one look at me smile and wag their tails. :lol: Your so called 'vicious breeds' flat out refuse to attack me. Even the ones that've been beaten and tortured into true nastiness only snarl and back away.

zerostao probably can tell you everything you need to know to handle almost any dog (as could i) but you've grown too accustomed to venom and fear to listen.

Here's the simplest most direct line to cut through all of it.

are you ready?

The stronger spirit wins!

If you choose to let your prejudices and fears crowd out your heart and will so much that a 90 pound puppy can look at you as prey then you've chosen and earned your lowly place on the food chain. Just remember your always free to choose again.

• Like 2

I can see on the one hand it seems kind of hilarious to be going on about vicious dog breeds. However, one of our members is saying they bother him 20 times a day. This sounds awful and I'm very sorry to hear it. So it might be hilarious because we lack awareness about it. I just google it for the UK and found this:

Dangerous dogs in the UK - Dangerous dogs in England

Dangerous dogs in the UK are a major problem - and this page will always be kept up-to date with the latest news on dangerous dogs. Last updated on the 27th of January 2012. Every so often, there's news of someone, usually a small child, somewhere in the UK, who has had the misfortune to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Dog bites are a major child-health problem in the United Kingdom, exceeding the total combined number of cases of measles, whooping cough and mumps in the UK each year. Dog attacks in the UK are also one of the most common causes of severe facial lacerations in children. Each year, approximately 28,000 facial dog bites are reported in the UK, with just over 19,000 of them requiring plastic surgery.

The majority of these savage attacks on children are by "the family pets"!!!! dangerous-dogs-in-the-uk-rottweiler-1.jpg (Have you ever noticed how the owners of the relevant dangerous dog, invariably describes the dangerous dog as the "family pet"!!!!) You may also hear some people mistakenly call their dangerous dogs "nanny dogs" as well!!! At alarmingly regular intervals, we keep hearing of dogs attacking kids. Something should be done to help stop more attacks on children by dogs, some of the most dangerous dogs in Britain are detailed below.

The problems with dangerous dogs in the UK are getting worse every year. Just in London alone, due to dogs attacking children, there were 58 children requiring hospital treatment in 2003, five years later, in 2008, 496 children required hospital treatment following a dog attack! For the whole of the UK, in 2005, there were 3,781 A&E admissions in hospitals for dog attacks on children in the UK, up 42% from 2,652 in 2004.

More than 100 victims of dog bites are admitted to hospital each week, a rise of 66 per cent in a decade.

Latest figures show that 5,221 people were treated during 2008 after dog attacks in England - up from 3,137 ten years earlier. The total includes 1,250 children, including many babies and toddlers.

Serious attacks on young children by savage dogs soared by 14% in 2009. The dogs mauled 1,942 under-10s so badly they needed hospital treatment. This very serious rise in the amount of dog bites will hopefully convince ministers to finally overhaul the Dangerous Dogs Act.

For anyone wanting details of the dangerous dogs act, or looking for a list of dangerous dogs in the UK, or a list of banned dogs in the UK, just read through this page, but please note, we're often asked, "what are the most dangerous dogs in the UK?" The answer to that is quite clear cut, by looking at the facts on this page, you'll see that Rottweilers and Bull Terriers feature quite a lot in dog attacks on children, so you will be able to draw your own conclusions!!

thanks for noticing my arrogance btw, i have often wondered if it was just delusion.

and again it goes to perception. i noticed sth else. where you used the word uncontrollable.

and if we put some label on something. in this case that something being a living creature and that label as viscious,

by this classification do you think there is more "control" over it? and if we can not control it to a level where you feel more comfortable, let's just do away with this thing entirely.

this world , this life is filled with uncertainty. and i think your cognitive schematta is looking for a way aimed at

"uncertainty reduction"

we all have differing tolerances for handling uncertainty. and we have here an example of how extreme the bipolarity can go.

life is not so tidy or simple as everything is either good or evil, black or white, caring or viscious, unless we keep this black and white mentality. life consists of alot of grey. between my extreme view and your extreme view there is alot in between.

when we start making inferences instead of facts we come dangerously close to an attrubutional attitude. we are acting on our self -serving bias'. some blame outside forces for whatever thing goes wrong for them. is the this an external or an internal thing going on?

there is alot of things on our planet that are uncontrollable alot of these things are dangerous. we are not going to systematically

rid ourselves of these types of things.

learn how to live with them.

edit> i was going to mention the obvious bias of someone named "cat" speaking about dogs.

Edited by zerostao

.........and we have here an example of how extreme the bipolarity can go.........

when we start making inferences instead of facts we come dangerously close to an attrubutional attitude.

edit> i was going to mention the obvious bias of someone named "cat" speaking about dogs.

heh, yes, I agree, it's a destructive game to pretend the nature of cats and dogs are in opposition to one another. not as dangerous as pretending male and female are opposites, though, or self and other.

Any information on where I might find some good teachers on Hawaii?

Vicious Breeds

Vicious Breeds

Vicious Breeds

Vicious Breeds

Vicious Breeds

Vicious Breeds

Vicious Breeds

Vicious Breeds

Vicious Breeds

Sounds like you live on the wrong side of L.A., Vmarco, and we all understand now that you have terrible experiences with mistreated dogs and have a (reasonably justified) personal opinion that more ought to be done to keep these beasts off the planet. Someone move this thing to the pit where it belongs, or give it a different name, or something.

Thanks to those of you with the advice, it was real helpful.

Edit: I won't say this hasn't been fun!

Edited by Tux
  • Like 2

It's not an uninteresting topic, there are various points of view expressed here which are useful to hear, and it's bringing an issue to the fore which certainly I hadnt thought about much consciously, other than disliking the theft of dogs into negative agendas. I go along with Cesar Milan essentially about dogs, but co opting animals as symbols and expressions is all part of life, and it's as well to be aware.

Tux, threads do meander somewhat..:blush:

True, true. I just felt like flexing my muscles too, for some reason.

True, true. I just felt like flexing my muscles too, for some reason.

:)

Sure thing.

(Was just thinking of dogs as beings of light. Nice.)

humanity is the vicious breed.

dogs are just creatures that need to be loved and appreciated in order to manifest their buddha nature.

even wolves have more wisdom than people most days.

and HEY TUX i hope you find an awesome teacher on hawaii's big island, or close enough. I don't know of any tho so i can't contribute to this thread except to help derail it. ack!

dogs are just creatures that need to be loved and appreciated in order to manifest their buddha nature.

and HEY TUX i hope you find an awesome teacher on hawaii's big island

what anamatava said.:wub:

How so?

mostly, they only eat when hungry, for example.

they have more nobility and honor too. If a "hunter" tries to chase down a wolf with a helicopter and a long range rifle, the wolf will just run and never give up. It will die because its heart exploded, not because the hunter shot it. True story.

I must assume

You mustn't.

The article cat posted was sensible, and yes apparently vicious dog breeds are a problem.

But no one on earth gets randomly attacked by dogs 20 times per day, or even 20 times per week...that sounds like an enormous personal problem, which has nothing to do with the lives of anyone else. Good luck with it.

• Like 4

You mustn't.

The article cat posted was sensible, and yes apparently vicious dog breeds are a problem.

But no one on earth gets randomly attacked by dogs 20 times per day, or even 20 times per week...that sounds like an enormous personal problem, which has nothing to do with the lives of anyone else. Good luck with it.

No one said they get randomly attacked by 20 vicious breed dogs a day,...I, like many others who don't spend their days on the internet ridiculing from partially comprehending posts,..consistantly have vicious breeds lunging violently at fences, barking, growling at passersby, have walked dogs bark and growl at them, etc.,...usually with the AH owner saying something like, "oh, he doesn't bite."

The average postman confronts a hundred or more dangerous dogs per day. The pit bull terrier is the breed of choice for criminals.

Yes,...it is a fact that dangerous dog breeds, that is, pit bull terriers, and the fighting breed derivatives and ancestors of pit bull terriers, rottweilers and wolf hybrids, account for the majority of yearly deaths, horrific maulings, and other physical attacks by dogs,...but I'm talking about (WHICH PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELF CONTINUALLY AVOID ADDRESSING) is the millions per day who are emotionally terrorized by these vicious breeds by inconsiderate owners.

Base Housing of the US Armed Forces bans pit bulls and rottweilers. All communities that ban pit bulls and rottweilers have seen significant drop in attacks. But more significant is the drop in emotional terrorism these vicious breeds cause children and others.

Nevertheless,...the HUGE and growing population of Vicious Breeds should very well be everyones personal concern,...only the ignorant and inconsiderate believe it's SOMEONE ELSES PERSONAL PROBLEM.

Edited by Vmarco

my posts may exhibit as vmarco says " incomprehensiveness "

but now i understand how he can say that each day millions of people are terrorized by viscious dogs.

his definition of terrorism> "if a dog terrorizes (through barking, growling, lunging"

"For those here who are not interrupted 20 times per day by barking, growling, lunging, vicious breeds,"

dogs do bark this is how they communicate. i am sure you hear dogs barking 20 times a day or week.

if the dog is growling at you while you are walking past his yard. he is communicating to you, hey dude keep on rolling.

letting you know he is watching you and your actions. in fact all dogs bark and growl and lunge not just "viscious breeds"

the lunge is also communication , it lets you know that you shouldnt think about entering his yard.

this is one way a dog earns his keep and pulls his weight.

so yes i am sure that each day millions of dogs bark. this does not make it terrorism.

if the dog didnt bark to warn you it would be rude on the dogs part.

"live in fear-based countries like in the America's (with the acception of Costa Rica)."

i live in america and i dont see alot of fear. it is very rare thing in my neck of the woods.

what is to fear?

my posts may exhibit as vmarco says " incomprehensiveness "

but now i understand how he can say that each day millions of people are terrorized by viscious dogs.

[/b]dogs do bark this is how they communicate. i am sure you hear dogs barking 20 times a day or week.

if the dog is growling at you while you are walking past his yard. he is communicating to you, hey dude keep on rolling.

letting you know he is watching you and your actions. in fact all dogs bark and growl and lunge not just "viscious breeds"

the lunge is also communication , it lets you know that you shouldnt think about entering his yard.

this is one way a dog earns his keep and pulls his weight.

so yes i am sure that each day millions of dogs bark. this does not make it terrorism.

if the dog didnt bark to warn you it would be rude on the dogs part.

[

So,...for zerostao let boys be boys,...let bullies be bullies,...let Vicious Breeds do what they're bred to do.

"it is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" J Krishnamurti

But for Vicious Breed supporters,...it is a measure of their (I fear, need protection, regardless of the consequences to others) health.

My last post reads a bit more aggressively than I had meant it to but I sincerely believe it's point is worth investigating for anyone worried about dogs of any breed or size.

If you are stronger than than the dog than it will never attack you except as an act of panic if you're provoking it.

if you choose to let fear cloud out your heart and will until you are on par with a rabbit then of course it will look at you like it would the rabbit.. LUNCH! :P

You are always free to choose to be stronger and I believe most, if not all, people are capable of being far stronger than any dog.

As far as 'vicious breeds' go most of the traits associated with the 'pit bull' class of dogs were actually bred into them to make them tough enough to stand up to and distract actual bulls to PROTECT humans. They were ranch dogs prized for their loyalty to and protective instinct of humans as well as their courage and hardiness. If these traits are sometimes perverted and corrupted by vicious people thats an entirely different issue.

Assuming a dog is vicious because of it's tough build makes about as much sense as assuming a man is vicious if he has a tough build. I assume many people on this forum are very muscular since martial arts seem to be popular here but I would never assume they were a 'vicious breed' of human just because they were tough.

If the average person gets in a fight with a 250lb weightlifter they're likely to get hurt much more than if they pick a fight with a 140lb video gamer. This doesn't mean weightlifters are 'vicious' and need to be locked up in zoos.

Just the same if you get into a fight with a 100lb american bull terrier you might get hurt a lot more than you would by a 50lb sheep dog. It's not because the dog is vicious it's because the dog is tougher and stronger.

@mokona that kitty video was awesome!! :lol: :lol: It made my already great day even better :D :D

...only the ignorant and inconsiderate believe it's SOMEONE ELSES PERSONAL PROBLEM.

All right here's my advice to you - I see u live in TX which is far away from the racist Hawaiian terrorists and their s vicious dogs so let them be on their island let that be their problem - I am sure they r not going to come after u in TX - so half of the problem is gone.

Now the vicious dogs from around your house maybe u should try this - Give them some snacks. I know they are horrible animals and would love to do you a lot of harm, but if you control your anger and give them a good treat you might become their friend.

And seriously you should let it go man, the whole thing - the dogs and people's ignorance aren't u tired of this?

Here on the taobums we are your friends.

Vmarco,

I feel insulted and terrorized by your vicious attacks...it's as if you were barking and growling at me, lunging at me in an attempt to change my opinion. You have been creating an atmosphere of violence rather than peace in this thread about Hawaii!

I'm not kidding whatsoever. Time to look at yourself. :)

Also:

No one said they get randomly attacked by 20 vicious breed dogs a day

You did.

Edited by Scotty
  • Like 1

"Give them some snacks" simple yet brilliant. be a buddie to the dog! go figure.

"Here on the taobums we are your friends."

yes indeed yes indeed

"Here on the taobums we are your friends."

yes indeed yes indeed

Sometimes friends let each other know when they're being absolutely ridiculous. ;)

Edited by Scotty

Sometimes friends let each other know when they're being absolutely ridiculous. wink.gif

good and true friends will do that. let the boys be boys. sometimes we try to bash (figuatively of course) the other guys brains in to make them aware of when they need to be made aware. laugh.gif

i always appreciate it when a hard hitting bum knocks the daylights out of me.