Tux

Teachers on the big island of Hawaii?

Note to the OP: there was a Tao Bum by the name of Spectrum, who I think may have done some training on the island of Hawaii. I don't think he's been around here much lately, but you could search the archives and send him a PM.

Vmarco I understand your frustration I really do... I'm an asian male living in the mid-west. I grew up with people calling me racist things all the time. Chink, gook, slant eyes, you name it and I've been called it from a complete stranger. I'm 27 now and pretty recently I was downtown and some white guys walking past me and my girlfriend muttered "Ching chong"... I don't think I can type how f*cking infuriating that was... downtown minding my own business in one of the most liberal cities in the US with a well respected college and to be a victim of some 5th grade playground BS like that? Wow... But what am I going to do beat them up? Start a rally/protest? Have a debate with them? No I just ignored it. That's the best thing you can do. Just grow a thicker a skin because people like that aren't worth the energy or breath and they'll always be around... Experiences like those only make me appreciate more the white guys who are my friends.

When I have encounters like that now, I just remind myself that the type people who go out of their to say those racist things are just assholes, and assholes come in all different shapes sizes and color and they spew out all the same shit. They also only see the world through a tiny dark crack which makes them inherently stubborn and narrow minded. So if anything feel sorry for them and just carry on because no matter how times you wipe an asshole it'll just get dirty again.

• Like 1

Vmarco I understand your frustration I really do... I'm an asian male living in the mid-west. I grew up with people calling me racist things all the time. Chink, gook, slant eyes, you name it and I've been called it from a complete stranger. I'm 27 now and pretty recently I was downtown and some white guys walking past me and my girlfriend muttered "Ching chong"... I don't think I can type how f*cking infuriating that was... downtown minding my own business in one of the most liberal cities in the US with a well respected college and to be a victim of some 5th grade playground BS like that? Wow... But what am I going to do beat them up? Start a rally/protest? Have a debate with them? No I just ignored it. That's the best thing you can do. Just grow a thicker a skin because people like that aren't worth the energy or breath and they'll always be around... Experiences like those only make me appreciate more the white guys who are my friends.

When I have encounters like that now, I just remind myself that the type people who go out of their to say those racist things are just assholes, and assholes come in all different shapes sizes and color and they spew out all the same shit. They also only see the world through a tiny dark crack which makes them inherently stubborn and narrow minded. So if anything feel sorry for them and just carry on because no matter how times you wipe an asshole it'll just get dirty again.

Please allow a different viewpoint. First, racism doesn't frustrate me at all. Yes, I too had plenty of racial slurs spewed at me,...dago, wop, greaseball, cucha-snot, etc. However, unlike the derogatory Haole, all racial slurs in America are seen as socially incorrect,...whereas in Hawaii, the racial slur Haole is not only exceptable, but seems encouraged.

On one hand, if there were any good teachers on the Big Island, perhaps real aloha could be taught to replace the racism. For me, the prevalent racism, hate, fear, prolific drug rate, and the highest Pit Bull ownership per capita, was not why I left Hawaii,...for me it was more the Vog, limited medical services, and lack of spiritually honest people. To put that last statement in perspective, I not only created Meetups, etc., but spent a sum of money advertising those Meetups for those interested in Admirable Freindship. In a year got a single response from a vacationing tourist. Overall, the people on the Big Island are quite into themselves.

"All the joy the world contains

Has come through wishing happiness for others.

All the misery the world contains

Has come through wanting pleasure for oneself."

Shantideva 8.129

So now I'm curious. Are you only prejudiced against the several breeds and their variations commonly called 'pitbulls' or against all breeds bred for size and power? Great danes and mastiffs were both bred as guard dogs (ie to attack people). How about Fila's? they were bred in Brazil as war dogs.

While there are many, many breeds all over the world bred for attacking bears ,trespassers or enemy tribesmen you zero in on a dog that became popular with families for it's happy playful nature and strong work ethic. Much later, some particularly nasty people found out that if you torture and antagonize an animal long enough you can make ANYTHING vicious and these dogs being rather tough tended to survive more fights.

Saying pits are predisposed to violence because they were preferred by animal abusers over labradors makes about as much sense as saying black people are predisposed to picking cotton because they were preferred over irish slaves (also somewhat common) by slave owners. It's completely absurd to blame a breed of dog (or a race of people) for conditions they had no control over.

btw apologies in advance in case anyone here happens to be offended by references to past slavery. I'm merely using it as a tool to point out the extreme absurdity of a particular point of view and do not condone (obviously) the practice of slavery past or present anywhere in the world.

• Like 1

Saying pits are predisposed to violence because they were preferred by animal abusers over labradors makes about as much sense as saying black people are predisposed to picking cotton because they were preferred over irish slaves (also somewhat common) by slave owners. It's completely absurd to blame a breed of dog (or a race of people) for conditions they had no control over.

btw apologies in advance in case anyone here happens to be offended by references to past slavery. I'm merely using it as a tool to point out the extreme absurdity of a particular point of view and do not condone (obviously) the practice of slavery past or present anywhere in the world.

The absurdity is in your emotional bias. As I said, the level of ownership of vicious dog breeds (which Pit Bulls are part of) is directly proportional the level of fear, hate, violence, and terrorism in a given area.

Although reported vicious breed attacks (and deaths) tell a story, the millions of attacks and people terrorized by vicious breeds is an atrocity upon humanity.

To associate the ownership of vicious dog breeds that fear, hate, violence, and terrorism manifests, to slaves picking cotton, is a testament to your ignorance.

In a world without fear, hate, violence, and an inconsiderateness towards the terrorism their animal imposes on Others) , people would not feel compelled to own vicious dog breeds.

Shantideva 8.129

Vicious Breed owners are ALWAYS inconsiderate of Others,...because NO ONE considerate of Others would own a vicious dog breed.

V

Vmarco--

C'mon, man.

Edit.

Most pitbulls are sweet as can be. They just have a good build for doin' damage. And I think it's kind of a fashion thing to have a vicious pitbull, if you're going to have a vicious dog. Just like bellbottoms.

Edited by Tux

The absurdity is in your emotional bias. As I said, the level of ownership of vicious dog breeds (which Pit Bulls are part of) is directly proportional the level of fear, hate, violence, and terrorism in a given area.

Although reported vicious breed attacks (and deaths) tell a story, the millions of attacks and people terrorized by vicious breeds is an atrocity upon humanity.

To associate the ownership of vicious dog breeds that fear, hate, violence, and terrorism manifests, to slaves picking cotton, is a testament to your ignorance.

In a world without fear, hate, violence, and an inconsiderateness towards the terrorism their animal imposes on Others) , people would not feel compelled to own vicious dog breeds.

Shantideva 8.129

Vicious Breed owners are ALWAYS inconsiderate of Others,...because NO ONE considerate of Others would own a vicious dog breed.

V

seems you are the one coming across as confrontational.

can't you get along with your fellow creatures to include hawaiians & dogs?

happiness does not come from one lecturing others.

we get it that you had a miserable time there.

to make broad sweeping remarks that there can be no reputable teachers there,

or all pit bulls and their owners are viscious inconsiderate haters of humanity.

anytime someone goes on about demonizing others, it sends a big red flag up in my direction.

i hope you find peace and harmony.

• Like 7

Your missing the forest for the trees sunshine. You clearly aren't willing to entertain any idea that that might disagree your prejudice. I'll just call it done and wish you the best, though I suspect your looking for anything but..

• Like 1

brah, you no like beef? just bust out some pakalolo and everyone will be friends

PEARL CITY CHARGERS REPRESENT

• Like 2

i agree that light has no hesitation , inhibition, when it reflects on things. but what is our real perception of the image we recieve

of that reflection? are we so certain that we interpret what we are seeing exactly and without any flaw?

the law of reflection says that for specular reflection the angle at which the wave is incident on the surface equals the angle at which it is reflected. mirrors exhibit specular reflection.

are you sure what you are seeing in others is not just a mirror reflection of your own inner workings?

i try to cast a soft light not a harsh light.

Light is neither soft or harsh,...except as perception views it as such. A Bodhisattva is much like a mother who identifies with her sick child,...7 billion fold.

Many misunderstand Buddhisms instructions on non-attachment. Non-attachment to the Six Senses is not to be un-identified with all others,...for their suffering is your suffering. Vicious Breed owners live with terrible suffering. They do not identify with Others, and have no consideration for trauma their vicious breeds bring to others. They identify with their imagined fear, without consideration how their remedy of owning vicious breeds multiples that vibration of fear into the environment.

As for your question,...for example, if I'm repulsed by a pediphile or rapist, does that mean I'm a pediphile or rapist, because I see it? Actually, I watched an interview of a pediphile commenting on another pediphile, who described the other pediphile as someone "showing their unconditional love to their victim." Just like Vicious Breed own terrorists support other vicious breed owners, and how their dog can protect and rip others to shreads.

Go figure!

Many misunderstand Buddhisms instructions on non-attachment.

i don't think this is about non-attachment so much as it is about clarity.

we do not see things as THEY are. we see things as WE are.

this entire thread is an expression of that.

whose view is most clear? most likely the view with least judgment. the view with the least self-contraction.

but what do i know. i need to get my hands on some of that pakalolo. :lol:

haven't heard that in years! they also call it the crip. that was definitely awkward for a minute. you don't ask a black dude from California if he smokes crip! hahaha!

" A Bodhisattva is much like a mother who identifies with her sick child,...7 billion fold. "

could be , idk, anyways there are no Bodhisattva participating on this forum.

" Non-attachment to the Six Senses is not to be un-identified with all others,"

this was a point i made in my last post.

"As for your question,...for example, if I'm repulsed by a pediphile or rapist, does that mean I'm a pediphile or rapist, because I see it? "

no, that was not my question.

"Light is neither soft or harsh,...except as perception views it as such"

the bolded is what i was trying to point out.

vmarco your view of all pit bulls and all pit bull owners as being malicious terrorists demonstrates your benightedness.

we can not go on continuing this broad sweeping categorizing demonization that you will not let go of.

anytime any living thing , be it some plant that has been called evil and needs erradicated, or some animal that does not meet your approval and you think it needs done away with. i will not sit quietly by and let your demonization continue without my speaking up.

for the record , i have never "owned" a pit bull. but as a fellow creature i expect i can live in harmony with it.

How is this statement not a belief? Have you met each and every owner of a pit bull? And interviewed them to hear their life stories? :huh:

LOL It's a no brainer! Unless you're own a zoo or work for an animal shelter, there are few reasons why a loving person would own a Vicious Breed.

Owning a Vicious Breed for protection is not the same as having a gun,...a Vicious Breed CANNOT be controlled unless in an enclosed solitary confinement,...and where's the compassion in that. However, not to mention the millions of Vicious Breed attacks per year, most Vicious Breed owners love when their Vicious Breed terrorizes people walking near their homes or vehicles.

Anyway,...anyone who supports Vicious Breed ownership are part of the problem that sustains fear, hate, and terrorism in the world,...not the cure. It's a no-brainer!

If there was no fear in the world, the only Vicious Breeds would be found in zoos. The more fear in the world, the larger the Vicious Breed population. The only belief we're talking about is that of Vicious Breed owners. It is not a belief that a dog bred to be vicious does not terrorize millions of people daily.

If you don't GET IT,...you probably won't in this currently fear-based world,...that seeks to make their fears more palatable by nurturing more fear.

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it. Through violence you may murder the liar, but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth. Through violence you may murder the hater, but you do not murder hate. In fact, violence merely increases hate. So it goes. Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that". - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Loving people do not own Vicious Breeds.

V

for the record , i have never "owned" a pit bull. but as a fellow creature i expect i can live in harmony with it.

Good for you,...go visit a panther/wolf inhabited forest, and enjoy your brief harmony,...or go out on the tundra and take a harmoneous nap. Perhaps you could practice your harmony with creatures with a web of poisonous spiders or room of Inland Taipans. Hey, if no one is forcing those situations upon you, go for it.

But what if the Inland Taipan, owned by your neighbor comes in your yard and kills your 3 year old son,...can you be harmoneous with that? What about the millions of people everyday who are terrorized by Vicious Breeds while minding their own business,...is that their fault? Are those victims not being harmoneous enough for you?

"Despite domestication, dogs, like their ancestors wolves, remain cunning, swift, agile, strong, territorial and voracious,...sharp teeth and claws and powerful muscles in their jaws and legs and can inflict serious injuries. The lacerations even from inadvertent dog scratches, let alone deliberate or reckless bites, are easily infected"

I personally know someone attacked by a rottweiler while walking down a street holding her 9 month old child. She was bit twice, which became infected, and was hospitalized. Three operations, and 10 weeks of radiation therapy regained her physical wellbeing, but is emotionally scarred even 30 years later.

Perhaps she should have been more harmoneous.

Between 2000 and 2011, Pit Bulls were reported in 32% to 53% of all attacks. Fatal dog attacks in the United States rise every year. They account for a fraction of all attacks,...and attacks account for a fraction of the terror these breeds cause.

My suggestion,...stop appeasing those who feel they need to own a Vicious Breed, by saying that the victims were not harmoneous enough.

V

Edited by Vmarco

What is interesting is that in France pit bulls are known as 'nanny dogs' because they are considered to be the ideal dogs for small children to have around,as they love children.

When I see a bloke in a hoody with a pit bull on a lead, in London, where I live, I have the same kind of response as VMarco. I see an expression of pain and concommitant hostility, this is the location- specific cultural signifier.

• Like 1

Pitt Bull's have become a problem in the UK too, for a while they were popular with idiots who used them as some sort of status symbol or weapon, but now the kennels are full of them because so many of the insecure thugs aren't responsible enough to look after them.

But I was to get a dog for protection I wouldn't get a little Pit Bull I would get a Tibetan attack dog like this

tibetan-mastiff-2.jpg

first i do apologize to the OP for my further de-railing of this thread. i did however make a great suggestion to Tux about which teacher to find.

here is the type of thing i have been referring to on my de-railing posts.

"go visit a panther/wolf inhabited forest,"

Vmarco , where do you think i actually live?

you continue to give suggestions and draw conclusions to and about folks that you know little about.

and "and enjoy your brief harmony"

i am the one talking about harmony, you are the one spewing hatred. i hope your spewing becomes brief.

harmony is something that lasts (long long time)

and " Perhaps you could practice your harmony with creatures " this is exactly what i do each and every day, all day.

please support the following with factual basis

"What about the millions of people everyday who are terrorized by Vicious Breeds while minding their own business,"

millions of people every day??

you say you personally know ONE person attacked by a dog.

it is unfortunate that even one person was attacked. it is not however a reason to exterminate entire breeds of dogs. there are laws to hold owners accountable. i am all in favor of enforcement.

"They account for a fraction of all attacks"

1 is a fraction of a million too.

"sharp teeth and claws and powerful muscles in their jaws and legs and can inflict serious injuries"

yes they can and generally they do not.

"My suggestion"

there you go again! wacko.gif

edit>> i think i found the problem. Vmarco how many times did you use the word "fear" in these posts?

here is your "no-brainer">> when you go out in the forest and show or try to mask fear, guess what happens?

if you go out in the "hood" and show or try and mask fear, guess what will happen?

if you walk past a pit bull and have fear, guess what will happen?

life is too short to live in fear. if you live your life relaxed and without fear it is a much smoother journey.

display equanimity. you are on the right track, sorta but not exactly. remove your fear.

you have to master yourself first.

No Fear ! when there is no fear then there is peace. first remove your fear. if you have fear , well your gun is not going to help much either.

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 1

i am the one talking about harmony, you are the one spewing hatred. i hope your spewing becomes brief.

harmony is something that lasts (long long time)

please support the following with factual basis

"What about the millions of people everyday who are terrorized by Vicious Breeds while minding their own business,"

millions of people every day??

you say you personally know ONE person attacked by a dog.

No Fear ! when there is no fear then there is peace. first remove your fear. if you have fear , well your gun is not going to help much either.

It is a New Age fallacy that dogs only attack those who are afraid. It is a fact that millions of people are terrorized by dogs everyday. My own path is interrupted by Vicious dog breeds at least 20 times per week,...but then most people over 18 and under 55 don't walk, but drive everywhere.

I know many, many people who were attacked by Vicious Breeds, not just one,...it was just one example.

Just because you appear blessed for not having been terrorized by Vicious Breeds, does not mean that it does not occur to millions everyday,...like people walking down a street and a Vicious Breed scares the pee out of them.

And no,...my posts are not hateful at all, but totally in empathy with the millions that are terrorized by Vicious Breeds everyday in the world. It is very dad that you do not empathize with those victims, but insist on supporting the inconsiderate owners, who are in essence, propagators of violence and terrorism.

Every spiritual person on the planet should be concerned about this subject.

You are correct,...when there is no fear, there will be peace,...but also, when there is no fear, no one will need a Vicious Breed,...and when there is peace, no one would consider disturbing that peace by owning a Vicious Breed.

As for "supporting evidence" regarding the terrorism, attacks, and deaths by Vicious Breeds,...there is numerous date available,...that's way Germnany and other peace orientated societies have banned them.

V

My own path is interrupted by Vicious dog breeds at least 20 times per week

What the hell... :lol:

I can't believe this guy has been talking about vicious dog breeds for more than one post. What a ridiculous subject to keep going on about.

But I guess if vicious dogs are actually attacking him over 20 times a week, then his feelings are justified. I can't even imagine that happening to anyone! :lol:

What the hell... :lol:

I can't believe this guy has been talking about vicious dog breeds for more than one post. What a ridiculous subject to keep going on about.

But I guess if vicious dogs are actually attacking him over 20 times a week, then his feelings are justified. I can't even imagine that happening to anyone! :lol:

LOL I think my cat shares the same feelings I guess I could make him an account of TTB

Edited by orb

What the hell... laugh.gif

But I guess if vicious dogs are actually attacking him over 20 times a week, then his feelings are justified. I can't even imagine that happening to anyone! laugh.gif

just imagine if Jetsun's tibetan attack dog licked you!

@Vmarco, ok, i have the empathy for you and others. listen i only come off hard on a very few bums.

only those that i know/feel/think can hold up to it. some bums like a scotty or a sloppy zhang a blasto and joeblast can withstand pretty much anything. ime

of course i still have great respect and empathy with them too.

i am sure i had suggested i could help you with dogs early in this thread, right?

i never offer if i cannot see it thru. being truly relaxed and without fear imo/ime works. have playfulness as your mantle . of course there is another piece to the puzzle but with these i have mentioned here should experience less problems. hang in there.

i am sure i had suggested i could help you with dogs early in this thread, right?

i never offer if i cannot see it thru. being truly relaxed and without fear imo/ime works. have playfulness as your mantle . of course there is another piece to the puzzle but with these i have mentioned here should experience less problems. hang in there.

It is sad to read of your arrogance,...that you will show the millions of daily victims of Vicious Breed terrorism how to overpower attacks, and their fright when Vicious Breeds lunge at fences with barks and growls when children walk by,...Krishnamurti said, it is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. Vicious Nreed owners feed this profoundly sick society.

Your posts have shown an incomprehensiveness and lack of empathy for others of the subject being disgust. I have no difficulty with the interruptions and daily disturbances caused by Vicious Breeds on my walks past the numerous homes of inconsiderate, fearful people who feel the need for protection, and snicker at the people their "pets" terrorize. However, I do daily see, and feel empathy for those emotionally startled by aggressive Vicious Breeds lunging at people,...and occasionally, by those I've witnessed being physically attacked.

The population of Vicious Breeds in any Country or State is testamony to the level of fear, inconsiderateness, and hatefulness that the people of that Country or State feels towards their fellow humans. The Vicious Breed populations, and those of their inconsiderate owners, have a vibrational impact on all that enter those Dis-communities.

I praise Countries like Germany that have begun banning Vicious Breeds,...putting their communities before the fear-based desires of neurotic, inconsiderate individuals.

Vicious Breeds is a very important subject for any spiritual person to engage in,...and has implied much about level of spirituality on this forum.

V