mewtwo

being at home with who i am?

So um at the moment i am strugling with the fact that i feel at home more with animals than i do with humans. I have looked into shamanism to try and find answers but in dealing with an unknown system to myself i feel i have made more questions. I dont feel all human. Was wondering what your guyses thoughts on this was? Anyone know of some taoist or zen or shaman practice that deals with these feelings of belonging to a different species?

Thanks

I know what you are saying but I have never taken the thought as far as you have.

Non-human animals are much more 'wu wei' than we humans are.

A cat will always be a cat and is pretty predictable regarding its behavior. We hamans are far less predictable.

This topic fits in well with the recent thread about communicating with non-human animals.

I have no answers for your questions but there are myths about non-human animals in all belief systems. Some that I have read are not too far off the mark.

Most people are quite at home with being someone they're not (quote following inspired conversation with another TtB).

The human/animal distinction is a strange one. Read up more on elephant funerals and laughing dogs:-)

Are you looking for a symbolic animal? You could always just pick one. But if you want one that represents something beyond your conscious mind, then I'm sure 'anything' that gets the latter out of the way will help. I don't think sitting indoors helps.

Maybe there are more precise techniques. I'd be into hearing about them :)

So um at the moment i am strugling with the fact that i feel at home more with animals than i do with humans. I have looked into shamanism to try and find answers but in dealing with an unknown system to myself i feel i have made more questions. I dont feel all human. Was wondering what your guyses thoughts on this was? Anyone know of some taoist or zen or shaman practice that deals with these feelings of belonging to a different species?

Thanks

I am not sure wherther I am understanding you correctly or not ,but will write few words anyway.

How do you imagine human to feel like when you say that you dont feel all human?

What is it that you feel makes you not so human or different than other humans?

Are there any particular human qualities you admire? Which ones? What would be the best way to develop them?

These are just some questions for pondering, I am not expecting you to write me the answers.

I feel that getting on with people and living among people undisturbed is an art form in itself. Sometimes it may take a lifetime to master sometimes less ,sometimes longer.

It is called a human practise or 'human being listening carefully'(according to me)and it is the best of all practises for human beings.(IMO and in general too :P ).

Edited by suninmyeyes

It is not uncommon to have spiritual experiences of being another species. Obviously, this is not conventional wisdom or thinking. Some might suggest I was a lunatic for even suggesting that this is the case but it holds up as true at the energetic level.

In your case, you have a weakness to spiritual experiences of being a bear. You also have a weakness to alienating others (humans). Both corrected at the energetic level.

There is also some issue around disappointment, loss, and separation. We can make a triad out of those three weaknesses and correct it to be 100% with infinite potential for you.

I don't know that's it's a weakness to alienate other people if it's simply that you seem "weird" and many find that offputting. Maybe you are a little more of a solitary animal than most. Used to think I should try harder to make connections with people, do social things, and acheive things, happier since realized I really don't like that anyway and find it draining. But most people are actually (some more secretly than others) quite weird and even unpredictable, so chances are you're quite human although the idea of what you think a human is supposed to be might not resonate with what you feel you are.