Sign in to follow this  
Encephalon

Images of the Ultra Deep Field

http://www.flixxy.com/hubble-ultra-deep-field-3d.htm

Well, for whatever reason I can't insert the video today but it's better watching at Full Screen anyway.

This is what they saw when they aimed the Hubble at an "empty" part of the universe for 11 days.

beautiful and awe-inspiring. it was contemplation on things of that nature which most inspired me as a child to pursue mysticism. my heart ached at the thought that i might never know the far reaches of the universe.

thanks for the post. i had never seen that video before.

Thanks for sharing that.

Yeah, those time figures are sometimes painful to think about.

The universe is 13.6 billion years old but yet its diameter is 47 billion light years. That means it has expanded an average of over 3 1/2 times the speed of light.

I heard an estimate on "How The Universe Works" last night that there are 400 billion galaxies in the universe. That's a bunch!

I've seen this before.

It is utterly mind-blowing. We cannot even begin to think of the sheer scale of the known universe, let alone the unknown.

The Tao is truly unfathomable.

Thanks for posting this.

• Like 1

10 and 11 day exposure times!

Can't help but think of fractals, the more you look the more there is to see

Fractal Universe

Perhaps our's is a rotating, spiral universe, the last and biggest. Or perhaps there is a next spiral up; one of an infinite, fractal set. Each level would appear finite to its denizens until better technology revealed more, and more and more…

Hypothesis

The universe consists of a series of spiral bodies of diminishing size each made in turn by plasma ejection and moulded by a spatial Coriolis effect: a rotating fractal universe.

Edited by Mal Stainkey

Sign in to follow this