Sign in to follow this  
chenplayer

Feeling heat in my palms.

Hi guys, something interesting happened to my on Sunday practicing with my sifu. I was doing the Lao jia yi lu form of Chen Taiji, and half way through practice I started to feel a heat sensation in my palms, I really didn't notice until I was itching them. Also my palms were super sweaty like I have never had sweaty palms like I did on Sunday. So does any one know what I was feeling or going through? I am only accustomed to the harder martial arts and this is the first time I felt any sort of energy doing martial arts. I find it very cool and interesting and I would like to further progress my practice.

I Kinda left this part out, sorry really excited about what I felt :D, My sifu said that my intention during practice was very good, he always stresses to watch your hands when you practice. By watching you hands I mean while you are also moving them doing the form. Does this have anything to do with what I felt?

Thanks for your time reading a noob's post!!!!!!!

Just if people are interested I am going to post a link to my sifu doing the form. :lol:!!!!!!

Edited by chenpalyer
  • Like 1

You have a Sifu.Just practise as you done to progress, he already told you what you need to know there is nothing more to say.

Edit: Just keep your good work go on.

Edited by Friend

Yeah you're probably practicing correctly so you increased your energy flow to your palms.

The laogong point in the centre of the palm can store and emit energy for your fa jin.

No need to overly focus on the palms, developing your dan tian and following the normal principles of your practice will increase your power.

Zhan zhuang and the forms are excellent for developing the internal energy.

• Like 1

Thank You for all the responses, I will train hard and keep on practicing. Sorry if my post sounded a little dumb. I just never had anything like that happen, I have trained in Kyokushin karate for over 12 years and have competed and lived in japan for a year. So all I really knew before this experience was the hardest of the hard, I mean bare knuckle knock down karate reaaaaaallllly hurts but it was fun.

I really do appreciate the time you guys took to write back thank you again!

That is what sifu referrs to as "charged hands". A sign that the chi is moving to your hands, very good sign in your personal development!

If I am not mistaken the laogung is a pericarium point? The sack around the heart holding fluid. This means that your breathing is spot on! I would advise as above and continue doing what you are doing.

I know in BGZ that we look through the tigers mouth and I thought it was to focus one's intent on the palm, thus bringing Chi there, but if i am wrong it certainly won't be the first, lol.

There is NO SUCH THING as a DUMB QUESTION! If there were, I would have asked it by now! hahha:blink: :rolleyes::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank You so much jaysahnztao!!!!!! I really appreciate the support! My legs have been killing me too all those low stance in Chen are pretty hard, but I must admit my legs are 10 times stronger than they were before. I am glad you touched upon the breathing because I was worried about that!!! I wasn't really thinking about my breathing, I just wanted to give 100% doing the form, kinda got lost in the form while doing it ( I guess that's what I am supposed to aim for any way right? lol!!).

Lots of different experiences, signs and symptoms come and go. It's one of the entertaining aspects of practice :) I had red/purple spots appearing on my palms around the laogong points when I started with Gift of Tao movements.

Lots of different experiences, signs and symptoms come and go. It's one of the entertaining aspects of practice :) I had red/purple spots appearing on my palms around the laogong points when I started with Gift of Tao movements.

I find it amazing when you get a chance to experience something like that. I have always read about qi and how it feels but to actually feel it through practice makes me happy and very blessed to have a good teacher.

Heat on the palm is another "Chi Sensation" indicating that your practice is making progress. Your body is more healthier; and body energy is more potent then before.

It seems to me that you had been doing the right thing in your practice.

I find it amazing when you get a chance to experience something like that. I have always read about qi and how it feels but to actually feel it through practice makes me happy and very blessed to have a good teacher.

One of the coolest things so far happened just a while ago when I was rebounding.. It felt like there was cool fluid inside my legbones and knees.

Heat on the palm is another "Chi Sensation" indicating that your practice is making progress. Your body is more healthier; and body energy is more potent then before.

I agree with Chi Dragon,it's nothing else but a good sign that you are progressing well.It seems also that you have a genuine instructor so don't ask us .Of course sharing experience is a wonderfull thing but if you asked here for answers you may confused since every one here has a different background...

...Kyokushin.... B)

I agree with Chi Dragon,it's nothing else but a good sign that you are progressing well.It seems also that you have a genuine instructor so don't ask us .Of course sharing experience is a wonderfull thing but if you asked here for answers you may confused since every one here has a different background...

...Kyokushin.... B)

Sign in to follow this