Sign in to follow this  
Protector

Giant tower into heavens

There seems to be some sort of a goal of the modern human world but no one can remember what it was.

Back long ago, a peasant would do anything his lord would say and would work a whole year collecting food and getting ready for winter when he wont have anything to do but eat what was collected in spring. A knight, or someone more high up, would work for his lord going to war and personally for a few months, then do nothing and command peasants for everything else. Most high up lord would do nothing but command knights and peasants and get all the food and such.

Now normal, not anymore a peasant, people work for their company for a whole year with some vacation time, while their lord CEO boss would do nothing. Everything is kinda similar and kinda different, but it doesn't matter, everyone just wants to survive and get more money and food. Everyone is just doing the same thing over and over again, and getting better at it. Everything is improving and growing, filling up the empty space with whatever.

Native Americans had cities somewhere in the desert that they abandoned to live with nature. They kinda had it all figured out at that point. Then these new guys came with their own ideas and killed everybody. They kept growing all over the world after that. They had wealth and the rest of the world wanted some of that wealth so they joined the dream.

Without these guys we could never have the world we have now. Maybe without this growing idea we all could have lived in nature. There seems to be something more important then nature, that's why we seem to sacrifice it. It can't be destroyed and so we use it as a stepping stone to the goal up ahead.

We figured out how to mine mountains to find valuable to us minerals inside them. We build more and more and don't remember why anymore. This is exactly the story of the Tower of Babel. Everyone was building this great tower up to heaven where God is then languages were all mixed up, and it's obvious why. Imagine for centuries one people being stone masons who cut rock to be a part of this big tower and other people on the ground somewhere farmers. If a mason came down to ask for some food, farmers wont understand him because he will be talking about edible rocks or something. It's like a programmer trying to teach his grandma about computers. In the college he learned so much that he could understand the language of computer savvy people which is not understandable to an art student from the same college. Everyone was so absorbed in their own thing that is so important that they forgot about everyone else and couldn't communicate anymore and so they couldn't finish the tower.

Internet is the same story, so many people from the whole world connect but don't understand each other and so they fight easily. The difference is from the Tower of Babel and and the Internet, and the whole world, is that even thought we don't understand each other and fight on-line, our towers still stand and still build higher.

We could have stood on our own continents, with maybe some crazy vikings going to the moon or something, but we kept going. We were drawn together, to live to share to fight. War seems to be moving us somewhere with something we don't have yet, but will if we fight for it. We already have the world so no need to fight over it, information can solve what is left to solve.

In these advance societies that we have, people fight over their own wealth. We are using that same wealth to build better technology. I have no idea what is inside this computer but it works and it's awesome! It has so many little pieces and elements from all over the world that allows it to work. It's like a big collection of wealth from all over our world. Another collection of wealth called space ships can move us to other worlds. They are not perfect yet but when they are, we will go to other worlds and collect more wealth from them. We will meet other alien to us kinds of people who will like our dream and will come with us to the other worlds. Maybe we will even meet other aliens that think the same way as us.

It's a big tower we're building and sky is not a ceiling, it wont just end. Maybe we will forget again and stop for a while, but the time is not important since this is something so big that it transcends time and a century is less then a second there.

One day we will take everything with our culture, ideas, music, and by just being there. Let's transcend space, we own everything where we are not. Time is not real anyway, why wait? It seems like we want more because we don't have it so there, I give it to you. With this knowledge you know that you own everything so don't feel guilty and live freely. Everything is possible so you can just forget what I wrote here. Once you've tasted what it's like to be big and own everything and be everywhere, become small again and feel what it's like to climb to the top of the tower.

Edited by Sinfest

I could be mistaken, but I think I read somewhere that Edgar Casey received information from the Akashic records about the fall of Atlantis and it had to do with the people there acquiring or attempting to acquire the power of the gods. . . . or something like that. I'm not sure if its relevant to your discussion, but that was the first thing I thought of after reading your post.

I feel like we're approaching the top of our tower and the only way to go forward is to go down. Down could be a free fall into atomic Armageddon or it could be a gentle glide into a more natural and harmonious way of life.

Or it could potentially be some mixture of the two. Who knows? Only The Shadow knows.

BTW: Stream-of-consciousness writing style should have died with Kerouac.

White space'd

We are nowhere near the top since the tower is kinda infinite

Everything could be reset with a big war that destroys everything and forces people who survived to live on nothing, but that will just make us targets for the new advanced aliens that proclaim our Earth a new world and start using it for what we're using it now.

We need to keep going with what we're doing and maybe do it faster to avoid more wars we might have.

I think the next big push would be having space travel for everyone, it would be like having Internet we have now and I bet the same stuff will be happening in space as the thing we have happening in the Internet.

SO MANY PATTERNS!!!

More white space

Perhaps the style and format of the writing is supposed to invoke a sense of 'babbel.' The structure of the paragraph is representative of the tower of babel. The meandering stream of consciousness creates a sense of a continually evolving and changing spoken language. I think it would strengthen the piece to slip into various languages intermittently. Begin in English, then move to French, Spanish, German, Arabic . . . each language being another step farther away from the original.

That is my forum-post workshop for the day.

Sign in to follow this