AЯAB

too much yang food=cold sores?

So in my years of getting coldsores it seems diet is usually what triggers them. In the past couple days I went from eating fairly healthy to eating crap XD. Some things were good such as walnuts, almonds, cashews, but the thing is I ate way too much of them. I usually balance my intake of yin and yang but I thought eh why not let loose and poof woke up today with two big ass cold sores, only getting bigger in growth XD. I know its my bodys way of getting rid of the crap I put it in but in the mean time how do I get this two big ass blisters off my lip :P. I know lots of water is good, I'm already on that. I'm also drinking lots of freshly squeezed lemon juice/water combination. In the past I've used aloe vera which worked wonders but don't have any of that stuff or tea trea. I even put some earwax on it lmfao that didn't work -_-. I have coldsore medication too but I prefer AU NATURAL. It might be too late to balance the yin with yang but I'm going all yin baby. What's cooler than cool? ICE COLD!

What food is yang food?

hot foods. Not literally hot but they have heat in them. I grew up with my mom always telling me "Don't eat too much of that it's too hot!" I would look at her like "O.o MA FOODS CAN'T BE HOT!" . Than I realize it for myself and she says mama is always right :P.

There's a bunch of food's that are yang, I'm no expert I just go by what this app on my phone says. It has a list of hot(yang) & cold(yin) foods so you can balance the intake of both. Taking too much of one has different side effects like the cold sore I am experiencing, I ate too much nuts, bread, oatmeal, cinnamon, hakka food XD I think I might have squeezed a full frozen pizza in there too lmfao!

umm I don't think I get it yet :lol:

sinfest: foods in chinese medical theory are attributed hot or cooling properties (or neutral) it has to do with the effect it has on the bodies energy when ingested. I imagine CTs link will be worth reading :)

arab: megadose on lysine if you can find the suppliments.. 3000-4000mg daily is no problem.. i don't think you can overdo it but look it up to be sure

Energetically speaking, the food is not triggering your cold sores. It feels more like an emotional issue, like suppressing frustration. That frustration turns into a physical irritation of the nerve cells.

I know it's easy to blame food for a lot of things. But the role of food is often overstated when it comes to human health.

I also get some sadness and separation weakness. So frustration, sadness, and separation would be the weak triad. All strengthened for you now!

• Like 1

My experience has been that stress/exhaustion plus too much sun exposure plus sour-ish foods like yogurt, lemon juice, or pineapple seem to bring on the breakouts. Fortunately for me, it doesn't happen very often, but is quite unpleasant when it does. I haven't found anything that really speeds the healing process much either...

Foods with arginine are Yang because they boost the inflammation of tissues due to NO (nitric oxide) production while foods with lysine are Yin because they neutralize the arginine:

http://www.herpes.com/Nutrition.shtml

http://herpes-coldso...with_herpes.htm

Yogurt and usually diary foods should heal the cold sores due to high lysine vs arginine ratio while walnuts and usually all nuts triggers the cold sores due to low lysine vs arginine ratio.

But you can buy from pharmacy (over the counter) tablets supplements and cream with Lysine to treat directly the cold sores.

ICE cold is not good as well sun light. Ice cold actually triggers the cold sores, that's why they are called "cold" because they appear when is cold, the body tries to balance the cold outside and increase the body temperature inside by boosting the NO production and the virus is waiting for the right conditions to spread. Sun also can trigger the cold sore in people with excess internal heat.

The spot where they appear show the organ which is overheated, if appears under the left nostril or over the left upper lip or left corner of the mouth it shows that the stomach or large intestine are overheated, if they appear on the right side they show the liver, gall bladder or the small intestine overheat.

Edited by steam