ChiDragon

Different groups in the Understanding of Chi Kung

From my sense of intuition, there are four groups of people who understand Chi Kung differently.

1. Beliefs: People just know the general knowledge based on what they were told to believe.

2. Intermediate: People who know that Chi Kung is the ultimate method of breathing.

3. Advance: People who like to understand more by linking modern science to Chi Kung.

4. People who advance modern science/arts through qi-gong.

Please give your honest opinion. Thanks...:)

Edited by ChiDragon

* People just know the general knowledge based on what they were told to believe.

* People who know that Chi Kung is the ultimate method of breathing.

* People who like to understand more by linking modern science to Chi Kung.

* People who advance modern science/arts through qi-gong.

There fixed that for you.

And I'd like to add:

* People who just practice and don't sweat what it means because they know it will reveal itself to them when they are ready

• Like 5

And I'd like to add:

* People who just practice and don't sweat what it means because they know it will reveal itself to them when they are ready

oh yeah thats my group

I'm more with JohnC on this one.

I understand Qigong is a powerful tool for living a happy, healthier and longer life, because of the results I experience directly every time I practice.

Love Qigong so much :D

Marcus

• Like 1

I'll set myself up in camp 3 with a bit of 2 and the intent to reach 4:-)

I'm interested to participate in your project...:)

All the rest of you have to be believed in something, in order, for you to practice.

Edited by ChiDragon

5.People who understand the world because of Qigong but do not want to interfere.

hmm....

How does QiGong help one to understand the world...???

hmm....

How does QiGong help one to understand the world...???

Same as those 1-4.Isnt it an improvement in understanding?

5 is the next step

And I'd like to add:

As I recall, Lao Tzu had posted something to that effect:

One should not practice blindly nor cultivate fanatically.

Edited by ChiDragon

Yes, woof!

Someone got somebody's attention alright... ;)

yes... what got my attention is that you attribute the list to your 'intuition' but you borrowed (plagiarized) one of the options from -K-, without any acknowledgement... and even at four options, the list is absurd... at least based on my intuition. enjoy your pigeon-holing.

What also got my attention is your need to add the editorial comment after your original post...

oh yeah thats my group

Right on the chi. see, i coulda said money, but i dont believe in money.

Nope, doesnt exist, just chi laugh.gif

edit: also, yip yip, and woof. cuz i know there's nothing but i dont act like there's nothing cuz im part of it and apart from it and these words suck so im sticking with woof.

Edited by Hot Nirvana Judo Trend

yes... what got my attention is that you attribute the list to your 'intuition' but you borrowed (plagiarized) one of the options from -K-, without any acknowledgement... and even at four options, the list is absurd... at least based on my intuition. enjoy your pigeon-holing.

What also got my attention is your need to add the editorial comment after your original post...

"4. People who advance modern science/arts through qi-gong."

If I read it correctly, the number 4 was placed there is a hint of the author to be added it as the four option.

Based on your input, I think you had placed yourself into groups 2 and 3 in my absurd list. I take it you knew it but not practicing it. It seems to me cultivation of the mind should be in your next agenda.

Please note that I'm abide by the principle of Wu Wei, this is just merely a suggestion and nothing was imposed on you.

BTW How is your spine. Did you have it cure in China.....???

Edited by ChiDragon

Author of number 4. here :-)

I added it because I think that qi-gong really could help advance modern science/arts. VIA practitioners. Because they will advance themselves through qi-gong and they'll (possibly) quit categorising things in absurd hierarchies like they seem to do at present. I'm not saying categories aren't useful but it depends what you're using them for. I'm glad other people added stuff to the list. Aside from the fact that there are categories and system-analysis and understandings to catch up with. So instead of dumbing down the qi-gong to fit the prior conceptual framework, which I think is what you're after because you're looking to legitimize qi-gong (which is nice of you BTW) why not raise the the bar a little? I mean, to the practitioners, they don't seem to require any legitimizing, but that's not going to convince anyone, is it?

• Like 1

Author of number 4. here :-)

So instead of dumbing down the qi-gong to fit the prior conceptual framework, which I think is what you're after because you're looking to legitimize qi-gong (which is nice of you BTW) why not raise the the bar a little? I mean, to the practitioners, they don't seem to require any legitimizing, but that's not going to convince anyone, is it?

I believe I have left room for that in Group no. 1.....:) The beliefs do not require convincing. Juts believe them blindly.

Edited by ChiDragon

I thought they didn't need convincing because their practice showed them experientially. Belief, as far as I know doesn't require any actual experience. So no, you'd have to get another category:-)

"4. People who advance modern science/arts through qi-gong."

If I read it correctly, the number 4 was placed there is a hint of the author to be added it as the four option.

I'll let the original author comment

Based on your input, I think you had placed yourself into groups 2 and 3 in my absurd list. I take it you knew it but not practicing it. It seems to me cultivation of the mind should be in your next agenda.

Not practice what? Please be more specific.

And explain what cultivation of the mind would achieve... I would like to see if your yardstick measures up to your posting and grammar.

Please note that I'm abide by the principle of Wu Wei, this is just merely a suggestion and nothing was imposed on you.

You need to seek some serious counseling... You are a poster child of needing Wu Wei.

BTW How is your spine. Did you have it cure in China.....???

Your tossing a bone here... I get it... It was not cured... I discovered I do not just have a dislocation but a break. A bone-setter cannot always reconnect a break. There is a truism in this...

Edited by dawei

I thought they didn't need convincing because their practice showed them experientially. Belief, as far as I know doesn't require any actual experience. So no, you'd have to get another category:-)

hmmm....

In order for one to practice Chi Kung, one has to be convinced that Chi Kung is good for the health. By believing in that it might work, so, one will practice it and to experience it. Another words, without having any kind of beliefs, I don't think anyone would just start practicing it. Therefore, without knowing how and why Chi Kung works, one's faith was strictly relied upon what one has been told by the instructor.

Edited by ChiDragon

hmmm....

In order for one to practice Chi Kung, one has to be convinced that Chi Kung is good for the health. By believing in that it might work, so, one will practice it and to experience it. Another words, without having any kind of beliefs, I don't think anyone would just start practicing it. Therefore, without knowing how and why Chi Kung works, one's faith was strictly relied upon what one has been told by the instructor.

If what you say here is true, that means that it is impossible to practice Qigong an abide by Wu Wei at the same time...

:)