Thunder_Gooch

I think I've lost it

I know probably after reading this you guys will think I've lost my mind, maybe I have. I just woke up from an in between sleep/waking state in which I was meditating in my dream.

When I woke up my body felt like I was covered in pounds of a black tar, a deep humming and vibration was so loud I could barely hear anything else, and it was like I was moving in slow motion.

Literally when I tried to bend down towards the ground I felt resistance that acted against gravity.

There were red lights coating the inside of the walls like they were glowing red, and reality fluctuated for about 5 seconds in which reality reacted to my thoughts, the cats in the house started going absolute bat shit.

I wasn't anywhere near an area where dishes fell and broke, nor were the cats on the counter to knock them off.

The other person here where I am staying woke up as well as if having a nightmare.

I am still pretty shaken up, I am still biting my finger to try and determine if I am dreaming.

Not sure what to make of it.

I was watching a talkshow once that had the Slvia Browne physic lady on as a guest. An audience member told her that one night she woke up and there was a being sitting next to her bed that attacked her. She fought with this thing and ended up all bloody. Slvia Browne told the lady that what actually happened was that she had an out of body expeience while sleeping. Her soul couldn't get back into her body and she freaked out. What really happened is that her body thrashed herself around the house while she was asleep making her all bloody. Her mind projected the story of a fight with the "being" in order to make sense of her thrashing around in her sleep making her all bloody.

you didnt mention how you actually felt. what did it feel like? were you frightened? Not sure if it relates at all but feels like it might.

i have experienced something similar, many years ago it was happening frequently (in my early 20's). It can be alarming for sure... My animals and my roommates definately reacted on certain occassions. I think that its alot of energy when you move into that space...

**just curious, do you have or have you had ringing in the ears just before or after (tinitus) if so, tune into that frequency and just relax and open your awareness. tune into it...as a meditation. It will help**

I would also suggest not over analyzing with the mind or being to critical or fearful of the experience. I think its an opening and an adventure when it happens...though it can be scary at first. Just claim your space, clear the energy and relax into yourself... it will open up for you and insights will come naturally...

I was having frequent out of body/in body energetic (inter-dimensional?) experiences several years ago, it was happening nightly for quite some time, but, as soon as I became to self absorbed in figuring it out - analyzing with my mind - and thinking something was wrong (the tinitus was a big problem, it was constant because i was resisting and at times it freaked me out it was so loud and constant) that particular type of experience gradually began to phase out as soon as i analyzed to much. That was 20+ years ago, it was many years after that that i began to open up again. I missed the experiences at that point. became curious and open again...

I have since had other similar types of experiences in that state but nothing like the early experiences of this kind. I would suggest that you relax into the experience, open up, clear expectations and fears, expand and treat the experience with curiosity (childlike wonder is good) explore it in a subtle energetic way with expansive energy.... (does that make sense or do i sound like new age girl?)

or maybe just enjoy the ride and dont worry about how it works in this case. I think that will come...

:)

Edited by pamelais
  • Like 1

I could only guess and that won't help so I won't do that.

I think the best you can do is try to find some meaning in it but really, I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about it. Feel the experience and then let it go.

• Like 1

I tend to agree with Marblehead that you should not spend too much time worrying or analysing the experience.

I have experienced much in the way of both physical and mental phenomena as a result of my practices, though nothing as spectacular as that which you describe.My own view has always been to just let them go.

Sometimes we just can't get an answer.

Edited by Chang
  • Like 1

Ditto on moving on.

I reckon it's better to seek explanations of things once one is further away from the experience.

I'm not a huge fan of super weird things but it seems they happen quite often with energy meditation. I shared a bunch in the PPF at one point then I thought in retrospect it was too weird so I deleted:-)

Ridding yourself of the feeling of fear would IMO/IME really help, or rather "don't be afraid of being afraid".

Just out of curiosity, what's your practice?

Plus the usual:

- ground

- cut back/stop practice

- belly breathing

---ol'union alert---

I was a bit concerned when you described in your meditation becoming very cold. My advice is to just make sure you're not harming yourself in your practice.

• Like 1

Just dont fixate on it, if you ask me. I had similar experiences about 10 years ago...and my poor wife went almost nuts because the bed would start shaking as if there was an earthquake and a light would be floating above me all the while when i was asleep. When she asked me wht happened the previous night i'd tell her i was meditating in my dream. The "things" went away. They come back every now and then. To scknowledge them is to give them power.

I was a bit concerned when you described in your meditation becoming very cold. My advice is to just make sure you're not harming yourself in your practice.

Training has been on hold for some time, I am working so much barely have time to check thetaobums even lol.

Well hey, maybe your mind is expanding and awareness has gained a new level of perspective. I dont know what to make of it, because Honestly, i dont have much time to practice anything like this myself. for now i jsut visualize and breathe. it's all i can do.

But in the past, i've spent a great deal of time meditating on concepts of reality and i can only say that no matter how reality reacts to you, it's give and take, so sooner or later you'll be reacting to reality much the same :lol: im not helping am i?

me either. If it happened to me, I would think it was nasty spirits or some kind of demon.

a psychospiritual perv attack from the lower dimensions!! teeheeehheee

i would sage the room and pray to the directions or the elements or whoever you pray to. But i'm not trying to fearmonger, that just, in all seriousness, what i would do. I hope its no big deal and that it doesn't happen again.

MPG

were you able to move immediatelly when you woke up? or for some seconds you were filling like nailed on the bed?Some times it happens that, your "spiritual boddy" to be ouside your "physical boddy" when the second wakes up,and this create simillar feelings of anxiety and "terror".It may be a bad synchronication...

Silmilar to "mora"...I dont know anyone that hadn't a similar experiance with some variations....

All Qigong masters do aware of these kinds of thing. They should warn their students about this. This is part of the change in the body due to the body cleansing process. This is the worse part in the practice of Chi Kung. However, this is only a transient. This is known as "Chi sensation". What is happening was that your body was going though a healing process and effecting your nerves causing you to have the worse feeling and nightmare in your life. That's why it was recommended to have a teacher by you as a beginner.

Edited by ChiDragon

Please let us know if you still feel funny or if it happens again.

Also, maybe a bit of cold dousing would be a good idea.

Edited by Scotty

Not sure how similar this is, but I've had a number of incidents of sleep paralysis. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis Some of these have been very frightening. Scientists types explain reports of visits from entities (succubi etc) to such phenomena.

Since learning and applying the Inner Smile (and practicing qigong/meditation in general), their occurrence has been much more infrequent. And if it does happen, usually when taking naps, instead of being scary it's more exhilarating. One can actually learn to create them using the WILD lucid dreaming technique.

In any case, whether or not you experienced something similar, responding to any fearful or strange phenomena with the Inner Smile (unconditional love) is always a good idea.

I agree RyanO.

Other thing I personally found helpful was to avoid 'old school' explanations for happenings until I was interested enough and far away enough from the experience to contemplate them. In other words, going the 'demon' as explanation route didn't help me whereas embracing a 'scientific' explanation felt a lot less threatening:-)

The reality of any given explanation is IMO worth discussing to the extent that it helps the person although there may be things that 'new school' interpretations have no concept for (or they're in denial about, or they misdiagnose as illness because they don't understand things yet, or just haven't gotten around to looking at because too 'out there' :-)) I'd reverse this situation if the person is in a traditional culture that deals with such things in a helpful manner (e.g. Shamanism)

Ditto on heart energy. I also found compassion meditations 'cooling' but that was comparatively to the fire that was raging.

Answering OP.

Life is not what most of the people think it is.

Not that I know it either.

When entering spiritual path - it is starting to knowing ourselves and we have the whole universe within. Not only ideas and habits that we are aware of, not only the processes that we have been thought so far, not only something lovley and common.

It can be a wild ride , a passionate dance, most encapturing exploration of the unknown or the tenderest embrace or something else all together.

Getting shaken, turned upside down, inside out.

What works for me is to listen and hear what is situation trying to convey.

Personally I find it to be most confident with knowing and understanding that directly comes from me .

Take care.

• Like 1

Answering OP.

Life is not what most of the people think it is.

Not that I know it either.

When entering spiritual path - it is starting to knowing ourselves and we have the whole universe within. Not only ideas and habits that we are aware of, not only the processes that we have been thought so far, not only something lovley and common.

It can be a wild ride , a passionate dance, most encapturing exploration of the unknown or the tenderest embrace or something else all together.

Getting shaken, turned upside down, inside out.

What works for me is to listen and hear what is situation trying to convey.

Personally I find it to be most confident with knowing and understanding that directly comes from me .

Take care.

Very true. :) In fact, living in one and the same range of consciousness all the time, and a very narrow one at that, is neither traditional nor healthy, apparently. Traditionally, even the most regulated, strict and stern societies, let alone the freer ones, had occasions when all everyday rules were temporarily cancelled and everybody let it all hang out -- carnivals, celebrations, ecstatic inducement with music, drums, fireworks, drinking and/or partaking of this or that entheogen, going absolutely wild, inviting possession by spirits and saints and forces of nature, on and on. We are the first society in history that has nothing to offer in this regard except hooliganism at football games or occasional riots without a clue. In fact, hooliganism and riots are nothing more than the natural response to the absence of wild carnivals and ecstatic immersion where being free with abandon is expected rather than punished.

Humans are, by design, not necessarily meek, not necessarily timid. The opposite is not violence and irresponsibility. The opposite is spontaneity and freedom of expression, and humans who don't have too much pent-up unexpressed spontaneity and freedom don't go overboard at the first occasion to release it, but those who do, do. So we're in a set-up created for us, not by us, where any regular release of the sense of freedom is forcibly prevented and where herded sheep behavior is the only one acceptable for all purposes on all occasions. They can't trust artificial sheep to express themselves as humans or they might not want to go back to being make-believe sheep, god forbid. Might LIKE being human, so help us.

And then, what do you do if your heart that you're always expected to keep in the sheep range harbors a particularly stubborn tigress who just won't turn belly up and die as prescribed... who growls and growls, hey, I'm not a vegetarian?..

Very true. :) In fact, living in one and the same range of consciousness all the time, and a very narrow one at that, is neither traditional nor healthy, apparently. Traditionally, even the most regulated, strict and stern societies, let alone the freer ones, had occasions when all everyday rules were temporarily cancelled and everybody let it all hang out -- carnivals, celebrations, ecstatic inducement with music, drums, fireworks, drinking and/or partaking of this or that entheogen, going absolutely wild, inviting possession by spirits and saints and forces of nature, on and on. We are the first society in history that has nothing to offer in this regard except hooliganism at football games or occasional riots without a clue. In fact, hooliganism and riots are nothing more than the natural response to the absence of wild carnivals and ecstatic immersion where being free with abandon is expected rather than punished.

Humans are, by design, not necessarily meek, not necessarily timid. The opposite is not violence and irresponsibility. The opposite is spontaneity and freedom of expression, and humans who don't have too much pent-up unexpressed spontaneity and freedom don't go overboard at the first occasion to release it, but those who do, do. So we're in a set-up created for us, not by us, where any regular release of the sense of freedom is forcibly prevented and where herded sheep behavior is the only one acceptable for all purposes on all occasions. They can't trust artificial sheep to express themselves as humans or they might not want to go back to being make-believe sheep, god forbid. Might LIKE being human, so help us.

And then, what do you do if your heart that you're always expected to keep in the sheep range harbors a particularly stubborn tigress who just won't turn belly up and die as prescribed... who growls and growls, hey, I'm not a vegetarian?..

That tigress should go for a days and days of running and hunting in Siberian wilderness till her eyes, nose, skin, ears , belly and soul are so full . :D

But seriously sod the sheep behaviour. This is the real prison.

Universe has her own ways, when I ponder it - all I can do is laugh.

I mean :hello. We are here ,some humans whose role in whole of the universe may be for example something like a blood cell in comparison to a human body. And then we make up all this importances and ways and musts etc..whats going on in here? :wacko:

Back to comment to what you wrote about abondament . Yes this is true spontaniety is very important. We need to start from fundamntal part and that is education .From education at home and in school. The whole of the thought patterns and relating to life needs to be reformedfor it to work.

Learning to take responsibilty instead of being constantly babied as a individuals and a society.

For example I had a thought recently how I may have benefitted tremendously if someone thought me in my early youth not to relate to life personally. If someone just pointed it out to me x amount of times instead of awarding me for good deeds and telling me to be happy when sad etc.

Being raised by bohemian family in totally mad enviroment and living later on with the slightly anarchist mindset in the subcultures where abondament is daily expirience (this holds a potential often metamorphosise in carelesness and irresponsibilty)sponteniety and celebrations and being wild is what I grew up with and was surronded with. So to me I dont really see lack of celebrations and opportunities to go wild, except lack of quality and depth.

Edited by suninmyeyes
  • Like 1

That tigress should go for a days and days of running and hunting in Siberian wilderness till her eyes, nose, skin, ears , belly and soul are so full . :D

Beautiful! :wub:

But seriously sod the sheep behaviour. This is the real prison.

Universe has her own ways, when I ponder it - all I can do is laugh.

I mean :hello. We are here ,some humans whose role in whole of the universe may be for example something like a blood cell in comparison to a human body. And then we make up all this importances and ways and musts etc..whats going on in here? :wacko:

Back to comment to what you wrote about abondament . Yes this is true spontaniety is very important. We need to start from fundamntal part and that is education .From education at home and in school. The whole of the thought patterns and relating to life needs to be reformedfor it to work.

Learning to take responsibilty instead of being constantly babied as a individuals and a society.

For example I had a thought recently how I may have benefitted tremendously if someone thought me in my early youth not to relate to life personally. If someone just pointed it out to me x amount of times instead of awarding me for good deeds and telling me to be happy when sad etc.

Being raised by bohemian family in totally mad enviroment and living later on with the slightly anarchist mindset in the subcultures where abondament is daily expirience (this holds a potential often metamorphosise in carelesness and irresponsibilty)sponteniety and celebrations and being wild is what I grew up with and was surronded with. So to me I dont really see lack of celebrations and opportunities to go wild, except lack of quality and depth.

I think everybody got it wrong -- the tight controllers and the anything-goers alike. It's always either "too much" or "not enough" and never "just right." A friend of mine once said musing on his upbringing, "I wouldn't know normal if it donned a polka dot bikini, climbed up on the table in my living-room and danced cancan singing, 'happy smiling Normal is here at last!..' "

Still, I think for a cultivator, going to extremes is mandatory for a while -- how else would one know where the balance lies if not between the extremes?.. Where you stand vis a vis those "too much" and "not enough" ends of the scale?.. In fact, "Tales of the Taoist Immortals" tell stories of some outrageous characters, including a guy who lived his life like an ancient Chinese counterpart of a modern rock star... in the end it turned out he WAS a star, not a rock star but a real star from the sky who chanced upon a human incarnation and retained all the habits of being a star, which busted all accepted norms of behavior -- all he knew how to do was shine right in your face! :lol: I guess it might be about "follow your true nature" -- whatever that happens to be... but before one figures out what that is, there's layers and layers of "too much" and "not enough" stuff from someone else (parent, teacher, preacher, doctor, cop, etc.) to stop mistaking for "me" and shed... :)

One of the things I am puzzled by is what USAnians mean by 'too much'. I was told whilst there "you're too much!" and "too much fun".

I'm non plussed as to what this could possibly, actually, mean.

If 'too much' in USA currently equate to 'very' or 'a lot', and if so.. what is this expressing about their psychology that it is phrased in such a quantitative way which implies restriction is required or boundaries are being crossed, or.. something is in excess when it is bountiful.

Poverty mentality? inhibited mentality?

Or does 'too much' mean something else, like "I cant cope!"

One of the things I am puzzled by is what USAnians mean by 'too much'. I was told whilst there "you're too much!" and "too much fun".

I'm non plussed as to what this could possibly, actually, mean.

If 'too much' in USA currently equate to 'very' or 'a lot', and if so.. what is this expressing about their psychology that it is phrased in such a quantitative way which implies restriction is required or boundaries are being crossed, or.. something is in excess when it is bountiful.

Poverty mentality? inhibited mentality?

Or does 'too much' mean something else, like "I cant cope!"

The way USAnians speak is not unlike that Chen taiji move -- "walk obliquely in twist steps" -- backwards at that. "She is gooood" is how you comment on her doing something devious. Alternatively, "she's baaaad" means high praise. The ubiquitous "cool" -- well, what does it mean if you think about it? Effortlessly tepid? Nonchalantly cold-blooded?..

But what they/we say (well, I only half belong) is nowhere near as revealing as what they/we don't say because there's no way provided to say it. At home I speak two languages within one sentence on a regular ongoing basis because there's no AmerEnglish for what I need to express. E.g., how do you ruffle up a cat with passion and gusto saying all the necessary words if all there is is "why-I-ought-to?..." -- which bores the cat after three repetitions?..

"you're too much!"

It's idiomatic - hard to explain but if you speak the language you understand it.

A lot depends on context and tone of voice.

If you make a joke or do something funny - it's a compliment like saying you're really funny

If you are a pain or annoying it's sarcastic or a put down

It can also mean you are too much to handle or bother with.

Another meaning

nobody should ever bore a cat. heinous!

Let's hope that the 'no way provided to say it' doesnt result in 'no way to think it' or worse, 'no way to perceive it'...

"you're too much!"

It's idiomatic - hard to explain but if you speak the language you understand it.

A lot depends on context and tone of voice.

If you make a joke or do something funny - it's a compliment like saying you're really funny

If you are a pain or annoying it's sarcastic or a put down

It can also mean you are too much to handle or bother with.

Another meaning

Another thing that Usanians say that Ukers dont is "you're funny", as a response to humour. That would be considered as epic fail, banterwise, here, to bring self consciousness into something flowing.

FRANK!!! :wub: "too marvellous for words" is language I understand..