Sign in to follow this  
Everything

Who eats least and endures cold?

Hey all! I was thinking the other day... It really excites me when I eat very little and endure the cold at the same time.

Anyone know any specific individual person that is known for this efficiency of consumption and energy production?

Edited by Everything

Enduring cold could largely depend on body constitution and not how much one eats. Cultivation counts too - even those who exercise in a very disciplined fashion, like regimentally getting up at half 4 or 5 each morning to do yoga, tai chi, jogging or even 20 minutes of stretching for that matter, will naturally experience a heightened resilience to the cold.

A neighbor of mine (he's forty something) goes jogging at around 4 each morning without fail. Nothing stops him... not the sleet nor the snow... even now, in deep winter, he's still attired in a similar way as during the warmer months - shorts, t-shirt and runners. Another friend i know is a keen guru yoga devotee - she does hundreds of prostrations every day as part of her practice - lives frugally up in one of the coldest parts of the island, with only a small stove in her kitchen as a source of home heating. She takes only cold showers, regardless of temp. Eats sparsely as well... a piece of buttered bread and tea for breakfast, some fruits or muesli around 11, and maybe pasta or a bit of rice and veg at around 5, and thats it for the day.

How much is 'little' by your definition?

Milarepa apparently only ate weeds and grass which turned his body green and only wore a small loin cloth and lived in a cave in the snowy Himalayas so he was probably quite cold, so he would do Tummo for heat. Not sure if this is the sort of person you were looking for.

There are a select few muslims who have been fasting (i.e. not eating or drinking between sunrise and sunset, and consuming very moderate amount at all other times) for years without fail. Names escape me at the moment.

I would imagine bodily-efficiency-through-cultivation and the quality of the food are of great importance.

There are a select few muslims who have been fasting (i.e. not eating or drinking between sunrise and sunset, and consuming very moderate amount at all other times) for years without fail. Names escape me at the moment.

I would imagine bodily-efficiency-through-cultivation and the quality of the food are of great importance.

Thats interesting... Most muslims living in western world eat tons of food in the morning and tons of food at night and call it fasting, hehe. I guess faith never triumphs when its only foundation is fear of hell.

Milarepa apparently only ate weeds and grass which turned his body green and only wore a small loin cloth and lived in a cave in the snowy Himalayas so he was probably quite cold, so he would do Tummo for heat. Not sure if this is the sort of person you were looking for.

Well, yeah kinda. As extreme as can be ofcourse. Preferable a person who doesn't eat food and endures cold :D

Anyways, thanks for the name. Definitely shall check it out on the web.

Enduring cold could largely depend on body constitution and not how much one eats. Cultivation counts too - even those who exercise in a very disciplined fashion, like regimentally getting up at half 4 or 5 each morning to do yoga, tai chi, jogging or even 20 minutes of stretching for that matter, will naturally experience a heightened resilience to the cold.

A neighbor of mine (he's forty something) goes jogging at around 4 each morning without fail. Nothing stops him... not the sleet nor the snow... even now, in deep winter, he's still attired in a similar way as during the warmer months - shorts, t-shirt and runners. Another friend i know is a keen guru yoga devotee - she does hundreds of prostrations every day as part of her practice - lives frugally up in one of the coldest parts of the island, with only a small stove in her kitchen as a source of home heating. She takes only cold showers, regardless of temp. Eats sparsely as well... a piece of buttered bread and tea for breakfast, some fruits or muesli around 11, and maybe pasta or a bit of rice and veg at around 5, and thats it for the day.

How much is 'little' by your definition?

Jogging in the winter does keep you warm, but allot of energy goes to waste this way. Its not efficient enough in my eyes. The yoga devotee who takes cold showers even in the winter, thats more like it. Thats pretty little food to imo!

Sign in to follow this