Owledge

Instead of boring movie remakes all the time...

Was just inspired by something... so Hollywood ran out of ideas? Remake glut ensuing.

Well, why not adding a little modifier and making it super-awesome: Take two existing movie plots/worlds and combine them => Crossover Movies.

Does anything like that exist (on a professional level)? I can't think of one right now.

Hollywood didn't run out of ideas, they are trying to take less risks with their money since the whole piracy thing. They try to repeat things that worked in the old movies so the audience would return. If they try new things, no one will know if the money returns. You can't just read the minds of the whole world and try to please them. There are so many movies that became popular because they came out at the right time and done the right way. There are movies that came out long ago but became popular years later because no one payed any attention to them at the start. While other new movies get over hyped and then bomb. The new good movies are out there, but no one wants you to see them :lol:

Was just inspired by something... so Hollywood ran out of ideas? Remake glut ensuing.

Well, why not adding a little modifier and making it super-awesome: Take two existing movie plots/worlds and combine them => Crossover Movies.

Does anything like that exist (on a professional level)? I can't think of one right now.

I'm a movie lover... and remakes are disappointing most of the time. Even when they have excellent original movies, hollywood has a way of ruining them in a remake.

I think a fair number of movies crossover on genre; they are hard to classify to just one.

no they tell the same stories over and over again because they want to control the myths that are the basis of our behaviour.

OH? So money has nothing to do with it? :lol: