Lao Tzu

Debunking Fake QiGong Power

That's a very old video and kinda famous sooooooooo nothing new here

The point is not about new or old. It is about the cheating of qigong "masters".

And are you sure everyone here has seen it before? :)

The Troll is back ! :D

Pasting a video is a type of trolling?

Is "The Troll is back ! " a trolling? :)

Edited by Lao Tzu

Hi screenname "Lao Tzu",

Instead of looking for exterior confirmations of fake or legit masters, why not just practice and see for yourself? We are not here in a community of blind devotees of the qigong church. A lot of people here have personal experience of what qigong can do to their health, physical or mental. So we all agree already about the fact that like in all fields, there are fake masters. But who really cares when everyone can judge by first hand experiences?

Your exterior approach speaks for itself.

• Like 2

Hi screenname "Lao Tzu",

Instead of looking for exterior confirmations of fake or legit masters, why not just practice and see for yourself? We are not here in a community of blind devotees of the qigong church. A lot of people here have personal experience of what qigong can do to their health, physical or mental. So we all agree already about the fact that like in all fields, there are fake masters. But who really cares when everyone can judge by first hand experiences?

Your exterior approach speaks for itself.

This video is for people who believe Qi emission can move objects.

Some people cheat on math tests. That doesn't mean that math is illegitimate.

Yes, it doesn't mean that math is illegitimate.

But it can let us think of that maybe it is false when some master said he can do such thing.

Before even following the link, I instantly knew it could only be the old "haaaAAAAA!!!"-guy!

:lol:

You are smart. :)

Hope everyone else has seen it as you.:)

• Like 1

This video is for people who believe Qi emission can move objects.

Yes, but if I want to move an object I use my hand and pick it up :) . If I am disabled, I ask for help or wait. Moving objects with qi has limited interest and not really practical so why bother about fake masters etc.. :lol:

Yes, but if I want to move an object I use my hand and pick it up :) . If I am disabled, I ask for help or wait. Moving objects with qi has limited interest and not really practical so why bother about fake masters etc.. :lol:

Because it is a major cheating way to convince people that he is a "qigong master" . And some people really believe it!

Because it is a major cheating way to convince people that he is a "qigong master" . And some people really believe it!

Whether I believe or disbelieve, in neither case does the guy or the video do anything for me... so, who cares.

Why not spend your energy on finding and showing legit Qigong instead of trying to debunk certain ones.

• Like 1

Pasting a video is a type of trolling?

Is "The Troll is back ! " a trolling? :)

It just seems to me you are obsessed with fakes !

You start a thread, and straightaway, its talking about fakes. Never any positivity. Always fakes. Fake Qigong, fake masters......

Classic Troll activity.

If you see the world through negative eyes, looking for the worst, guess what ? Thats what you'll see !

I really don't care what anyone else is doing. Many years ago, yes. But not now. I grew up. I just get on with my practice. I don't bother to judge anyone. Its a pointless and worthless activity. I'm sure my ego an find better things to waste timer on

Howabout you ?

How are you leading your life ? Whats your agenda ? Why are you so interested in what others may, or may not be doing ?

Unless you have personally been affected by a fake master, it seems strange to give so much energy to the subject.

Why are you on this forum ?

Everyone on here seems to be a consenting adult, with enough experience to spot the fakes from the genuine. If you have such a downer on Qigong, there are better places to go, where people might be more easily influenced by you.

• Like 3

So what ?

People are dying in illegal wars around the world....

Imperialist aggression is out of control.......

Millions are starving.......

The rain forests are being destroyed.......

The world's economy is on its knees due to the bankers taking the piss.........

A few people pretending to do things they can't do is not really the end of the world.

If you want to get angry about something, then choose something a little more worthy !

• Like 3

I really don't care what anyone else is doing. Many years ago, yes. But not now. I grew up. I just get on with my practice. I don't bother to judge anyone. Its a pointless and worthless activity.

:thumbup: ^_^

• Like 4

Well, you know your post seems well intentioned, but why don't you just wait that some people show up here claiming they have a extraordinary master who can do such and such amazing thing and then you could pop up with your own claim that most are fake etc.. Because you know, here at TTB, we are usually more interested in internal cultivation.

Your numerous threads about fake masters are more like a shoot in the dark. You could touch a duck some time or another but...

Whether I believe or disbelieve, in neither case does the guy or the video do anything for me... so, who cares.

Why not spend your energy on finding and showing legit Qigong instead of trying to debunk certain ones.

Because I think the latter is more important for the bums.

• Like 1

Your numerous threads about fake masters are more like a shoot in the dark. You could touch a duck some time or another but...

I really hope it is ture. :)

I really hope it is ture. :)

Don't miss my point: I suggest you open a blog with a suggestive title about fake masters and put the link in your signature so that people interested in that could follow your link and find your legit concern. But most of the people here are not the proper audience.

I am not sure what makes you an authority on what the bums need. Many here are studying under someone or some lineage and are close enough to the teachers/masters/etc to know for themselves. SO who specifically would you like to address? Who is going off in the wrong direction in their study?

Most normal people don't go around searching for proofs of fakes and then go to a website and claim this is for their own good... This is a classic troll maneuver to stirs things up.

Your not proving something is fake, just that some claims of some people are. Your not really proving the person is fake since you don't know them enough to state it categorically across the board. So in the end, your not proving anything about Qigong, only about human nature. As well, your actions show something about your nature too.

• Like 2

Well, its very kind that you think you are helping us all out !

But I think most people on here have learnt to think for themselves and are probably more adept at spotting fakes than you.

And people are here to learn, not to throw shit.

Judge no one, less you be judged yourself.

I've even met people who were exposed as fakes, who were absolutely genuine, and who were emotionally and psychologically devastated by what happened to them.

So I make my own mind up about everything.

Maybe you should understand that, and give others the respect due to them. Let them decide themselves.

I'm bored now. I'm not going to judge your motives or agenda. I have no right. You do what you do.....I'll do what I do.

• Like 3

I am not sure what makes you an authority on what the bums need. Many here are studying under someone or some lineage and are close enough to the teachers/masters/etc to know for themselves. SO who specifically would you like to address? Who is going off in the wrong direction in their study?

Most normal people don't go around searching for proofs of fakes and then go to a website and claim this is for their own good... This is a classic troll maneuver to stirs things up.

Your not proving something is fake, just that some claims of some people are. Your not really proving the person is fake since you don't know them enough to state it categorically across the board. So in the end, your not proving anything about Qigong, only about human nature. As well, your actions show something about your nature too.

Says it all ! :D