guruyoga

Just a Human Being :)

Thanks for the vid. The whole Tibet issue may end up having very bad consequences for the rest of the world because in a sense the non violent approach to oppression is an experiment which at the moment looks like it has failed, so it looks like non violence doesn't work which is a sad state of affairs for the world in general and for future conflicts. Things seem to be becoming more violent now with thirteen self immolations in just one year and it could be that when the Dalai Lama dies that things will become more and more violent :( although there is more time.

Thanks for the vid. The whole Tibet issue may end up having very bad consequences for the rest of the world because in a sense the non violent approach to oppression is an experiment which at the moment looks like it has failed, so it looks like non violence doesn't work which is a sad state of affairs for the world in general and for future conflicts. Things seem to be becoming more violent now with thirteen self immolations in just one year and it could be that when the Dalai Lama dies that things will become more and more violent :( although there is more time.

This is not a new experiment it's an eternally reoccurring drama of humanity. It's been done before thousands of times. Jesus and Gandhi did they same thing and they both failed but that's the nature of their sacrifice. Prophet Muhammad tried a different approach and still failed. Buddha was the "wise" one and failed as well. Moses wasn't too happy either when he had to leave. All the religions failed so far. The success is for the most part individual . I'm sure Jesus and Buddha and Muhammad are doing just fine wherever they are compared to the rest of the alerted souls...

Edited by orb

What I found very endearing about H H was his ability to retain humor and an open mind amidst all this chaos and confusion and violence. One may argue that this is a carefully cultivated image, but I have spent short and long durations with him and my opinion is that if there is any pretense in how he conducts himself, it's near to nothing. All we see around today are people craving for power, and here is a man who gave that up, and is open enough to admit that polity needs to be returned to people (common man as he frequently puts it) and even acknowledges the fact that power was taken over by the Dalai Lamas in the past and amends are needed to correct that.

I sure hope Tibet sees better days. I have personally heard from many Lamas and even normal householders some really sad stories on what Chinese oppression has done to their lives. I've also seen among Tibetans some kind of blind allegiance to the Dalai Lama without taking any responsibility on their part - H H kinda points this out too subtly in his interview. There have been some predictions made by three oracles in 2011 on what's to come in future for Tibet, but one can only wait and see. Without the charismatic face of H H representing the movement (say after he has left his body), Tibet's freedom movement is sure to lose steam.

Edited by guruyoga
  • Like 1

What I found very endearing about H H was his ability to retain humor and an open mind amidst all this chaos and confusion and violence.

There have been some predictions made by three oracles in 2011 on what's to come in future for Tibet, but one can only wait and see.

Thanks for the link, the NDTV reporter I thought did a really good in-depth interview.

Glad to see HH sense of humor in tact, he said he slept really well after his descision not to be the political head :)

I recently read a one page article in the New York Times about Tibet. Sadly the article was in the 'Travel' section. It talked about the dozens of new luxury hotels being built in Tibet. About the high speed train from Beijing to Lhasa.

http://www.chinatibettrain.com/pictures.htm

With 9% GDP growth, I worry there is nothing that will stop the mighty Chinese from overrunning Tibet and turning it into a buddhist disneyland.

Just curious what are the predictions made by the Oracles? Are these the same Oracles that helped plan HH escape from Lhasa, right in-between the enemy lines..

What I found very endearing about H H was his ability to retain humor and an open mind amidst all this chaos and confusion and violence. One may argue that this is a carefully cultivated image, but I have spent short and long durations with him and my opinion is that if there is any pretense in how he conducts himself, it's near to nothing.

Yeah you often see him talk about the most serious grave subjects and then burst out laughing, but it doesn't appear a nervous or inappropriate laughter degrading the subject, maybe it's part of the practice to open to suffering rather than contract or maybe he sees life as a big cosmic joke.

I too would be interested in what the oracles said. I saw in the movie Kunlun about his escape from Tibet the oracles predicted that he would return to Tibet before his death, which looks unlikely at the moment but things can change fast in the world so you never know.