mantis

Korean Ginseng

Which brand do you all prefer?

I just purchased this one and like it so far, it's one of the few brands that actually lists the ginsenoside content.

http://www.iherb.com/Solgar-Korean-Ginseng-Root-Extract-60-Veggie-Caps/14266?at=0

http://www.amazon.com/INSTANT-KOREAN-GINSENG-Tea-Bags/dp/B003VMI0GK

i had to chuckle when i saw the price because the asian markets in my town sell the same box for $7.99

but i use 1 or 2 a day in my black teas, its like freeze-dried ginseng powder or something.. note its an instant tea, not teabags.

I just purchased the actual root from my local TCM herb shop, sliced thin. Pretty expensive, actually, for about 30 slices.

I plan on brewing it with my tea for the next month.

I'm going the natural route by buying the root now, rather than purchasing the ginseng in any sort of processed form.

http://www.amazon.com/INSTANT-KOREAN-GINSENG-Tea-Bags/dp/B003VMI0GK

i had to chuckle when i saw the price because the asian markets in my town sell the same box for $7.99

but i use 1 or 2 a day in my black teas, its like freeze-dried ginseng powder or something.. note its an instant tea, not teabags.

I bought this instant tea also.. do you think that the properties remain therein??

As i understand it mantis you are fairly young, from chinese herbalists i have talked to you should not regularly take ginseng for long periods until your at least 40. this is especially true if the ginseng is the korean type as opposed to american ginseng or pseudoginseng. this is just what ive been told, i am not an expert nor do i know your reasons for wanting to take it.

I bought this instant tea also.. do you think that the properties remain therein??

i hope so, but its hard to isolate one product out of many. I also do qigong and meditate every day, and a lot of taiji, so its hard to know where my energies come from.

i know it certainly tastes like ginseng, so i am assuming it has ginsenosides and all the other splendid properties, although i have never seen test results.

SAFETY ISSUES AFFECTING CHINESE HERBS:

The Case of Ginseng

essay by Subhuti Dharmananda, Ph.D., Director, Institute for Traditional Medicine, Portland, Oregon

http://www.itmonline.org/arts/ginseng.htm

this is a really good article dispelling a lot of ginseng myths and talking about many points of view on ginseng.

i found it really helpful.

As i understand it mantis you are fairly young, from chinese herbalists i have talked to you should not regularly take ginseng for long periods until your at least 40. this is especially true if the ginseng is the korean type as opposed to american ginseng or pseudoginseng. this is just what ive been told, i am not an expert nor do i know your reasons for wanting to take it.

People of all ages consume Ginseng in South Korea regularly, I'm not particularly worried :)

I heard something about Ginseng saying that it's properties are more subtle then physical... it`s energy not coming especifically from detectible chemical substances...

I know for instance that the vitality of a tea lasts maximum for 24 hrs.. probably less...

I wonder how they do this instantaneos ginseng... if it is with powderes ginseng, or if they kind of do a tea and them evaporate it...

dunt know..

I heard something about Ginseng saying that it's properties are more subtle then physical... it`s energy not coming especifically from detectible chemical substances...

I know for instance that the vitality of a tea lasts maximum for 24 hrs.. probably less...

I wonder how they do this instantaneos ginseng... if it is with powderes ginseng, or if they kind of do a tea and them evaporate it...

dunt know..

I can vouch for the brand I listed, energy, focus, learning etc. have all improved drastically and it hasn't even been a week yet. I'm placing an order for two more bottles :)