Sign in to follow this  
Protector

Your Hobbies

Awrite, let's get to know each other better! So, what are your hobbies?

Not counting... this stuff :)

My favorite hobby is, after almost 7 years of living in Canada, jumping up in shock and asking myself 'how the heck did I get here?' :lol:

I like every form of art. When I see something amazing, I want to do it, too. Most of the time it's annoying to do, because I don't know what I'm doing, but I learn and doing at least something is fun for me.

I like the adventure related stuff. Not tourist stuff but the weird stuff that happens somewhere far away. For my adventure fix, I watch videos since that stuff I want to do is hard or impossible, and sometimes I just don't know what I want to do until I see it.

I like to go through different sets of emotions. Sometimes it's just fun to be scared angry or sad. It's almost like, whatever happens to me is fine with me and if it's too much, I know there is always something more and this will pass. Can't have too much joy thought. :lol:

I learned to enjoy stillness. When it's impossible to do anything I can just wait it out. Endless patience right there, if emotions don't interfere. It's a sort of meditation I've done, since my monkey mind needs to run around so much, I just let it run until it's content.

Maybe I just don't want to do anything but the world keeps leaving a strong impression on me. :lol:

• Like 1

Hobbies, hmm...

Leatherwork (apprentice leathersmith), music (play guitar), video games, other visual media entertainment (anime, cartoons, sci-fi, etc).

Oh!, BTW, ...

Trying to fix things that are broken

I don't do broken hearts any more. Too old for that. But I used to.

Long walks, bike rides, in new areas. Seeing new strange things and eating them.

Come summer I might be inspired to drive to some of the Springs mentioned in http://www.findaspring.com . It might be cool to hike around the areas and get a few gallons. Even the questionable ones, like the one by Chicago near the grounds of an old nuclear site sound intriguing (Argonne). Not so much for the water, but to find the open spring and hike around the site.

Some are checked and have purity tests. There are probably a dozen within a 3 hour drive, why not check out a couple? The closest to me is a hand pump at a nearby forest preserve called something like 'Well of Life'. Its just a non descript free water pump, but allegedly people line up for it during the weekends. That'll be my first target, fill up a 3 gallon container and keep it in my office. Then onto the Winslow Spring..

Seeing new strange things and eating them.

Hey Hey Hey!

Oh cool, I'm right next to Chemin Valley Spring

• Like 1

I play Magic the Gathering with my friends. It is a card-game for nerds who want reach total absolution within the realm of nerdness. Since StarTrek there really hasn't been a competitor for the sheer volume of nerdness that playing MTG accumulates. After a long time of cultivation the nerdy energy that an MTG player harnesses on a daily basis nothing happens, except of the fact that you will still be a nerd.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this