Sign in to follow this  
exorcist_1699

Awakening

Both Taoism and Buddhism emphasize Awakening , a spiritual state popping up from mindlessness or Wuwei : To the utmost of yin ( nothingness and non-doing ),Yang arise from the deep bottom ...

Although our daily consciousness is always viewed by people as a state of awaken or sane , when compared to Taoist Awakening , it is just a state of unclear drowsiness or half sleeping ;

Taoist Awakening is something of much more condensed, much more crystal , and likely comes to us abruptly , similar to our awakening from dreaming . It is condensed , so that no fluctuation of minds allowed; it is crystal , so that no impure stuff exists .

In fact , before the Taoist meta-Mind "元神" ( or Buddha Heart, as what is called in Buddhism) comes upon us , there was a series of such Awakenings that people should have been experiencing ... And, hardly can you talk about Taoist meta-Mind or Buddhist Enlightenment before having experienced them, skilfully playing with them.

Edited by exorcist_1699

Yeah, interesting subject.

And I would agree that there is awakening on different levels.

I doubt that this process of 'awakening' has anything to do with specific religions or philosophies but it is rather a process that can be a natural occurance with the human animal (and perhaps even some other animals).

No, I cannot define 'awakening'.

Sign in to follow this