Chang

The Valley Spirit

For most male teachers the plight grows less as the years grow long. Though Lindsey did quote a young friend of hers who was training with an eighty year old monk in Thailand. She had to leave as the intrepid monk was intent on sleeping with her.

Thanks for posting this Chang, it's very sensitive of you to present it the way you have, with an awareness of the difficulties on the path for women.

I also appreciate that you have mentioned that you are aware of your responsibilities toward women as a male teacher in this field. The ones who dont have that integrity make the whole area very offputting for women, I'm very aware of this, it's very disapointing and often traumatic for women too.

Looks like a lovely book, I enjoyed the video: empowering to women.

• Like 2

I really enjoyed listening to Ms. Wei read from her book. Thank you for posting.

Now you've got me curious about the plight of the male teacher. :)

Stories about women being pressured for sex by their male teachers just makes me feel awful about my sexuality as a man. I find myself terrified of it and demonizing it. Ugh.

Edited by Creation

Stories about women being pressured for sex by their male teachers just makes me feel awful about my sexuality as a man. I find myself terrified of it and demonizing it. Ugh.

Yes, I'm really sorry this happens. Brave of you to mention it. The wound is carried by those not directly involved as well as by those physically involved. The collective wound.

Yes, I'm really sorry this happens. Brave of you to mention it. The wound is carried by those not directly involved as well as by those physically involved. The collective wound.

I think you might be giving me some undue credit here.

As I see it, what is happening is that all my deep beliefs about my sexuality being bad and something that I should never express resonate very strongly when I hear stories like that. "See, I told you it was horrible!"

At least, that is the surface. There is a lot going on underneath that. It is a very very deep wound for me.

Edited by Creation

Chang,

posts like yours make me realise how utterly insensitive I am (or have been in the past) to the trials & tribulations of Females everywhere.

I think I must wander about with Blinkers on !!

I was under the (mistaken) impression that in the modern world, we are all NOW treated as equals.

Yesterday a female friend on Facebook sent me a "Cause" iro Gendercide, (ie Parents in India/china etc killing their own babies, just because they're Girls !!) Today I read your Post. Co-incidence ? Not so sure, think somebody/something is giving me a kick up the A**e and telling me to WAKE UP !!!

I'm going to order a copy of this Book shortly, as sounds well worth a read.

Basher

Sifu Jenny Lamb does good work.

We're as guilty as any other path for abuses of power. There's a thread running over on Buddhism here along those lines right now.

We need more women Sifus that's for sure.

The flip side is Yoga classes and Reiki courses in UK colleges. Because those are feminised few men join up which is a shame in one way but good news for QiGong as we get equal numbers of men and women with some men coming in cos they've felt out of place in a Yoga or Reiki class. In our centre the women teachers sessions are all women. The men teachers tend to 50-50.