Sign in to follow this  
effilang

Auras and what do they mean?

A relative who claims they can read auras today told me i had a white light in the center of my chest pulsating vibrantly trying to expand. She said it was surrounded by green and yellow, which in turn were surrounded by a black that was attempting to compress them into the white.

She said that as she talked about it and i listened that the white started expanding more and turning gold.

I trust this person and practice meditation with them, so i am inclined to believe that their abilities may be genuine.

So what do all these colors mean?

A relative who claims they can read auras today told me i had a white light in the center of my chest pulsating vibrantly trying to expand. She said it was surrounded by green and yellow, which in turn were surrounded by a black that was attempting to compress them into the white.

She said that as she talked about it and i listened that the white started expanding more and turning gold.

I trust this person and practice meditation with them, so i am inclined to believe that their abilities may be genuine.

the first question that comes to mind: why aren't you asking your relative about this?

there's really nothing static about the "meaning" of colors in auras. the attempts to nail it all down into simple and concrete definitions is new age nonsense, IMO. what do YOU feel in your chest? what does your relative intuitively feel about the whole thing?

i'm sure that someone might chime in all matter-of-fact, and you can even find books that define the colors, but that kind of information further obscures your ability to feel for yourself what is happening in your own energy field. just listen. it's your energy field. relax and listen with your whole being.

an example:

black can be a calming, soothing, (sometimes water element) healing presence that cools down over-activity in a fiery area like the heart & chest. it can also be cancer. it can also be a transitional space where an illness is either materializing or dissolving, or a different quality of energy is doing the same. there really is no "black means this." plus, there are differences of shades, vibrancy, luster.

there are multiple, simultaneous qualities arising at the same time, and they are all a part of the communication. there's an emotional element, a kinesthetic element, and sometimes just a direct intuitive knowing. an effective psychic needs access to more than just one dimension (like a general color) if the reading is going to be valuable.

it becomes new-age nonsense when we apply materialist, reductionist rules & standards to an esoteric, fluid, and largely mysterious field.

so if you trust in your family member's skills, then you should ask for that person's overall feel and interpretation of the entire experience they had of you. but looking up colors won't get you very far.

that's my take on it, anyway.

Edited by Hundun
  • Like 3

The activity of some of your five 'zang' organs (kidneys, liver, heart, spleen and lungs); I mean the ones that are being active at that particular time (via emotions or the specific cycle of the day).

the first question that comes to mind: why aren't you asking your relative about this?

there's really nothing static about the "meaning" of colors in auras. the attempts to nail it all down into simple and concrete definitions is new age nonsense, IMO. what do YOU feel in your chest? what does your relative intuitively feel about the whole thing?

i'm sure that someone might chime in all matter-of-fact, and you can even find books that define the colors, but that kind of information further obscures your ability to feel for yourself what is happening in your own energy field. just listen. it's your energy field. relax and listen with your whole being.

an example:

black can be a calming, soothing, (sometimes water element) healing presence that cools down over-activity in a fiery area like the heart & chest. it can also be cancer. it can also be a transitional space where an illness is either materializing or dissolving, or a different quality of energy is doing the same. there really is no "black means this." plus, there are differences of shades, vibrancy, luster.

there are multiple, simultaneous qualities arising at the same time, and they are all a part of the communication. there's an emotional element, a kinesthetic element, and sometimes just a direct intuitive knowing. an effective psychic needs access to more than just one dimension (like a general color) if the reading is going to be valuable.

it becomes new-age nonsense when we apply materialist, reductionist rules & standards to an esoteric, fluid, and largely mysterious field.

so if you trust in your family member's skills, then you should ask for that person's overall feel and interpretation of the entire experience they had of you. but looking up colors won't get you very far.

Pretty much word for word how I would have responded, if I'd got there first !

Although maybe slightly less eloquent from myself !

When I started healing, I was very excited to start seeing auras, and thought it would be a very useful tool. Within five years I had stopped looking at them altogether. Feeling energy, sensing energy and merging with the energy gives me a thousand times more information that a visual assessment. Looking at auras is overrated and leads to confusion.

Only my opinion though.....

• Like 1

an example:

Pretty much word for word how I would have responded, if I'd got there first !

Although maybe slightly less eloquent from myself !

When I started healing, I was very excited to start seeing auras, and thought it would be a very useful tool. Within five years I had stopped looking at them altogether. Feeling energy, sensing energy and merging with the energy gives me a thousand times more information that a visual assessment. Looking at auras is overrated and leads to confusion.

Only my opinion though.....

Man oh man, I am glad to see that everyone out there is not taken in by all the crap published on this subject.

OP:

The white color means you are a child of Atlantis, the expanding means you need to work on your 3rd eye to help your heart chakra open, the green was one of your deaths, the one when you were surrounded by water and a statue fell on you, the yellow means you got too much solar radiation in a previous life and you need to eat cabbage to offset it.

(not making fun of you, just having fun with the potential interpretations you will get from people.)

Look inside and see what it really means to you. The energy field is always in a state of flux.

Man oh man, I am glad to see that everyone out there is not taken in by all the crap published on this subject.

OP:

The white color means you are a child of Atlantis, the expanding means you need to work on your 3rd eye to help your heart chakra open, the green was one of your deaths, the one when you were surrounded by water and a statue fell on you, the yellow means you got too much solar radiation in a previous life and you need to eat cabbage to offset it.

(not making fun of you, just having fun with the potential interpretations you will get from people.)

Look inside and see what it really means to you. The energy field is always in a state of flux.

Like it ! :D

There's crap both ways -- new age crap and skeptical crap. What do the colors of the rainbow mean? Different frequencies, different wavelengths, different properties of light. Do different properties of light signify different actions exerted? TCM and Ayurveda alike use light and color therapy based on these properties and actions -- e.g., you use red light to deeply penetrate the tissues under treatment, blue light to soothe an inflammation, and green to aid the ailing eyes. Auras are of different colors because the color of the light is meaningful, not because new agers or skeptics have opinions based on nothing other than what they concocted in their heads without any references to reality. To wit, different colors in the aura signify different properties of the light emitted. People experienced in observing many (those who see them at will or involuntarily, and those who study them with, e.g., Kirlian photography) may or may not learn to interpret what they see correctly, but only because it's a bit more involved than learning to tell what the red light on an intersection means vs. the green. It is, however, every bit as meaningful. Here's a story related by a guy who knows what they mean:

he was giving a talk on auras to a scientific group of interested skeptics organized by his twin brother, a Ph.D. biochemist with no aura-seeing ability, who put together an audience of his peers, research scientists and doctors and the like. The aura-reading guy told the audience that his skill was an art rather than a science, apparently, "because right now I'm looking at the gentleman in the third row on the right and I distinctly see the pink color permeating his aura, which I've always seen in pregnant women only, and thought that's what it signifies, but obviously I was wrong." The man in the third row jumped up in great excitement and yelled, "this is incredible, and this is REAL!!!" "What do you mean?"

He explained that he is a fertility researcher, very involved and very dedicated to his work, and that he devised some procedure that apparently was at a stage of great promise, and while waiting for some decisive results, the morning of that very day he was discussing his research with a colleague and, among other things, told him, "I've been thinking about it day and night, having these images of eggs and sperm doing this and that in my mind's eye all the time, and then doing this and that to get them to interact, and you know what, I positively feel pregnant! That's the best way I can describe my state -- I walk around feeling pregnant!"

So, what do you guys make of the story?:)

• Like 4

...i think you just further illustrated the point i was making. :)

the guy in your example learned through experience. he explained his experience with that particular color which, up until that time, had been limited to pregnant women. now he has perceived it in someone who clearly wasn't a pregnant woman. a new dimension of understanding has been added to that color for him. my guess is that he didn't walk away from that experience with more certainty that "pink always means pregnant". it was much more expansive and enlightening than that. for BOTH of them.

no one is claiming that aura's have no meaning or that color is totally meaningless. that's certainly not my position. the example i gave above using the color black is from my direct experience. black has indicated all of those things and more. i knew knew the difference each time because i was dialed in to the patient, and to the moment.

now, had the guy in the audience passed a pregnancy test due to all of his work, THEN we can start defending the label of science maybe. but what's so wrong about acknowledging it's an art and there are still so many unknowns that continue to unfold as we develop further. sounds to me like the guy in the story would agree with this.

you are right that people can be too skeptical. it can shut down any ability to understand. but i am not claiming that there are no answers, only that the indicators are multifaceted and that the question should remain open. as Ya Mu has said before, there are always higher levels. no need to drop anchor here.

in my own experience (i don't work with pregnant women), when i see pink it's always in a context of love and security in some fashion. i see it in children who are being raised right, and i see it in parents when they focus on the beauty of their relationship and the wonder of their child. and i've seen many occasions where the color did not arise, yet all those qualities were still there. mostoften there is a security-related issue when that color is absent. but at the end of the day all i can really say is that i don't know. there are too many variables. i just have to leave the question open. there are always more senses at play than just color, and each encounter is an opportunity to grow.

Edited by Hundun
  • Like 1

"There's crap both ways"

THIS!

Aside from diverging culturally meaningful attributes to colour (or many other things:-)) I think this thread also illustrates (potentially) one's own being "cut off from one's own meaning". Being able see my own aura would help me immensely IMO.

Excellent story TaoMeow!

Yeah that is a hilarious story about the dude feeling pregnant with the pink aura. haha.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/blog/2009/jul/17/human-bioluminescence

New Japanese study documents human bioluminsesence.

But probably not the same as biophotons:

According to the biophoton theory developed on the base of these discoveries the biophoton light is stored in the cells of the organism - more precisely, in the DNA molecules of their nuclei - and a dynamic web of light constantly released and absorbed by the DNA may connect cell organelles, cells, tissues, and organs within the body and serve as the organism's main communication network and as the principal regulating instance for all life processes.

The discovery of biophoton emission also lends scientific support to some unconventional methods of healing based on concepts of homeostasis (self-regulation of the organism), such as various somatic therapies, homeopathy and acupuncture. The "ch'i" energy flowing in our bodies' energy channels (meridians) which according to Traditional Chinese Medicine regulates our body functions may be related to node lines of the organism's biophoton field. The "prana" of Indian Yoga physiology may be a similar regulating energy force that has a basis in weak, coherent electromagnetic biofields.

http://transpersonal.de/mbischof/englisch/webbookeng.htm

Wow too bad that book isn't translated into English yet -- wtf? haha. But what they're stored as virtual photons....ah now it makes sense:

http://www.cheniere.org/books/excalibur/biophotons.htm

In an incredible piece of work, "Photon Storage in Biological Systems," in Electromagnetic Bio-Information, Urban and Schwarzenberg, Baltimore, Md., 1979, pp.123-149, Dr. Fritz Albert Popp has presented the results of his laboratory work-and his theory-dealing with quite new developments in biological organism fields. Indeed, this may be one of the most important Western papers ever presented, if its true import is noticed. Briefly, in studying cellular electromagnetic bioactivity, the cell behaves as a system far from thermal equilibrium. It thus can be characterized as a Prigogine system. (Ilya Prigogine received the Nobel Prize in 1977 for his development of nonlinear thermodynamics of systems far from equilibrium, thereby changing the second law of thermodynamics.) We now know that in such a system negative entropy can result, and order can emerge from disorder. For a wildly disordered system, large-scale order can emerge and stabilize, and the more chaotic the disorder, the greater the stability of the ordered patterns that emerge. (Which seems to imply a confirmation of my fourth law of logic -- total disorder must inevitably turn into total order.)

At any rate, living cells produce coherent light with a laserlike activity. This coherence serves as a control for the metabolism of the cells, regulates growth, and fixes the reproduction rate. Further, the cell exhibits superconductive behavior.

Popp found that a living organism in fact possesses a living aura, a virtual electromagnetic field that pervades the entire organism with a virtual photonic flux. In this field, virtual photons are stored. The field continually receives inputs (virtuals) from the environment and is continually outputting biophotons, particularly in the near ultraviolet. This field, in which all cells are bathed and with which they all continually intercommunicate, tends to stabilize and cohere the organism. All this has been established by laboratory experiments, and all of it is directly consistent with my own hyperfields and nested-virtual-fields model of the living system's life-consciousness loop connecting its mind hyperworld to its physical body tuner. My model is consistent with Popp's work and extends it by adding the nested structures of the virtual field, thus connecting Popp's virtual field to the neutrino field and the mindfield.

And with this additional information in mind, let us return to our consideration of nested modulations on an electromagnetic carrier. Indeed, let us look at several examples of devices already applying the "nested modulation is hyperspace vectoral" effect.

Ah Tom Bearden... http://www.cheniere.org/books/excalibur/index.html

Edited by fulllotus

There's crap both ways -- new age crap and skeptical crap. What do the colors of the rainbow mean? Different frequencies, different wavelengths, different properties of light. Do different properties of light signify different actions exerted? TCM and Ayurveda alike use light and color therapy based on these properties and actions -- e.g., you use red light to deeply penetrate the tissues under treatment, blue light to soothe an inflammation, and green to aid the ailing eyes. Auras are of different colors because the color of the light is meaningful, not because new agers or skeptics have opinions based on nothing other than what they concocted in their heads without any references to reality. To wit, different colors in the aura signify different properties of the light emitted. People experienced in observing many (those who see them at will or involuntarily, and those who study them with, e.g., Kirlian photography) may or may not learn to interpret what they see correctly, but only because it's a bit more involved than learning to tell what the red light on an intersection means vs. the green. It is, however, every bit as meaningful. Here's a story related by a guy who knows what they mean:

he was giving a talk on auras to a scientific group of interested skeptics organized by his twin brother, a Ph.D. biochemist with no aura-seeing ability, who put together an audience of his peers, research scientists and doctors and the like. The aura-reading guy told the audience that his skill was an art rather than a science, apparently, "because right now I'm looking at the gentleman in the third row on the right and I distinctly see the pink color permeating his aura, which I've always seen in pregnant women only, and thought that's what it signifies, but obviously I was wrong." The man in the third row jumped up in great excitement and yelled, "this is incredible, and this is REAL!!!" "What do you mean?"

He explained that he is a fertility researcher, very involved and very dedicated to his work, and that he devised some procedure that apparently was at a stage of great promise, and while waiting for some decisive results, the morning of that very day he was discussing his research with a colleague and, among other things, told him, "I've been thinking about it day and night, having these images of eggs and sperm doing this and that in my mind's eye all the time, and then doing this and that to get them to interact, and you know what, I positively feel pregnant! That's the best way I can describe my state -- I walk around feeling pregnant!"

LOL, Story? Cool story.

I have lots of stories.

For instance I could say the white light meant he was having a heart awakening. The green means it hasn't opened fully, etc. And no one could prove me wrong.

It is the ABSOLUTE-isms in the newyagey literature that gets me - both this color and that chakra - things I have determined for myself to be not true (anyone else can believe it if they wish). In your story example quite possibly, through EXPERIENCE the guy has learned a good deal about it. But it really doesn't mean the same absolutism as from a viewpoint that realizes these things are dynamic and not static.

I didn't say the colors have no meaning at all. Sometimes can even be helpful. But if we limit our analysis to a color - OK, what happens if the patient just walked off the street and just before they walked in they met a person they know who just pissed them off to no end. Would our "color" analysis be valid as an overall representation of the health of their energy body? No, because in an hour or so they would change. Any number of examples can be given. The dynamics must be taken into account.

When dealing with energetics we will not have the highest efficacy if we limit ourselves to the colors seen at the moment; we need to go way beyond that. Yes, in the end we do utilize vibrations but if we went into the treatment thinking we need to change this color at that chakra, etc. it would be very limiting and not an overall treatment based on holistic factors.

This type of thinking misses the boat on a true energetic analysis because very few people can see dimensionally. (heck, most people don't even know it exists, much less see) Guess what? The colors CHANGE. So what colors one sees depends on their overall development as well as their own personal talents. I do train students to SEE. But we realize these "chakras" as well as "aura's" have dimensionality and don't limit the treatment.

Skeptical? How about "refined". I have worked with "Seers" for a very long time; this is what I believe to be true based on experience. I too am like the previous poster in that I just don't pay much attention to auras, colors, etc because I am more effective when I don't. And just when I have thought in the past that I had it all figured out I would get a case that skewed the data.

I know that many people who say these things have not burned through their filters; when they do it all changes. I have seen this fact empirically over and over and over for the last 35 years.

Many times natural healers see things that are not the same as what others do; their seeing is not based on simple colors but on an overall totality of perception factor.

And a final comment is that TCM cannot be applied to this subject in an accurate manner. Medical Qigong energy healing and analysis differs extensively from conventional TCM.

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 6

From what I've read TCM also differs from "traditional" Chinese medecine. It's like I was surprised to read that asprin comes from a plant (originally). I reckon it was a smiling plant - not sure why, but there you go:-)

LOL, Story? Cool story.

I have lots of stories.

For instance I could say the white light meant he was having a heart awakening. The green means it hasn't opened fully, etc. And no one could prove me wrong.

It is the ABSOLUTE-isms in the newyagey literature that gets me - both this color and that chakra - things I have determined for myself to be not true (anyone else can believe it if they wish). In your story example quite possibly, through EXPERIENCE the guy has learned a good deal about it. But it really doesn't mean the same absolutism as from a viewpoint that realizes these things are dynamic and not static.

I didn't say the colors have no meaning at all. Sometimes can even be helpful. But if we limit our analysis to a color - OK, what happens if the patient just walked off the street and just before they walked in they met a person they know who just pissed them off to no end. Would our "color" analysis be valid as an overall representation of the health of their energy body? No, because in an hour or so they would change. Any number of examples can be given. The dynamics must be taken into account.

When dealing with energetics we will not have the highest efficacy if we limit ourselves to the colors seen at the moment; we need to go way beyond that. Yes, in the end we do utilize vibrations but if we went into the treatment thinking we need to change this color at that chakra, etc. it would be very limiting and not an overall treatment based on holistic factors.

This type of thinking misses the boat on a true energetic analysis because very few people can see dimensionally. (heck, most people don't even know it exists, much less see) Guess what? The colors CHANGE. So what colors one sees depends on their overall development as well as their own personal talents. I do train students to SEE. But we realize these "chakras" as well as "aura's" have dimensionality and don't limit the treatment.

Skeptical? How about "refined". I have worked with "Seers" for a very long time; this is what I believe to be true based on experience. I too am like the previous poster in that I just don't pay much attention to auras, colors, etc because I am more effective when I don't. And just when I have thought in the past that I had it all figured out I would get a case that skewed the data.

I know that many people who say these things have not burned through their filters; when they do it all changes. I have seen this fact empirically over and over and over for the last 35 years.

Many times natural healers see things that are not the same as what others do; their seeing is not based on simple colors but on an overall totality of perception factor.

And a final comment is that TCM cannot be applied to this subject in an accurate manner. Medical Qigong energy healing and analysis differs extensively from conventional TCM.

Guys....listen to the words above !

I've dedicated my life to healing, for 18 years. I have treated over 20000 people, and I agree with every word. It can't really be put any better.

If you disagree, and want to argue the point, it needs to be from the position of at least as much experience. I've studied thousands of auras, maybe ten thousand, which is probably less than Ya Mu. But we both share the same opinion.

I'm not claiming definitive knowledge, but its hands-on experience, so counts for something.

Looking at auras is not really worth the effort. Feel the energy, feel its quality, its texture, its depth, its vibrancy. Feel its personality. Feel how it interacts with the different layers, feel how your energy affects it, and is affected by it. Immerse yourself in the energy. But don't waste time trying to work out the colours. It really isn't worth it.

Hmmm....sounds like this was a much needed thread...always good to clear the air with new knowledge on topics especially with so much literature based on non-sense. Good thread. Thanks for the info guys.

-My 2 cents, Peace

I agree with last few posts. Based upon my experience with auras the color black in one's aura is a bad health sign especially if it is close to the body. You should get to the doctor or emergency room as soon as possible. Brown is not a healthy color and you should see a doctor real soon. Green is a sign of illness and is not a healthy color. Yellow is a sign of emotion. White and blue are signs of good health. I have found red to be related to emotion usually anger. Now I have found that highly cultivated people and highly spiritual people (who pray or meditate a lot) will have a kind of rainbow aura with whites, yellows and blues or various combinations of those colors being closer to the body than the other colors. Red and green colors are further out and away from the body. Our emotions, mental health and physical health play a part in our energy field. As say earlier seeing is just a tool in the healing process.

Peace love and respect!

It is the ABSOLUTE-isms in the newyagey literature that gets me - both this color and that chakra - things I have determined for myself to be not true (anyone else can believe it if they wish).

I thought chakras were taught classically as being of particular colors, not new-ageyly? Of course they are part of a pretty absolutist system in their own right. -_- But dantiens, too. The lower elixir field is invariably yellow or gold in taoist alchemical literature. I think there's two things going on here. Normal and abnormal. Classical literature describes "normal," and normal will be orderly, Water-Black-Blue-North on the bottom, Fire-Red-South on top, Metal-White-West on the right, and so on, all the Eight Directions are associated with the colors of their vibration. Then what a healer comes across is what's in need of healing, i.e. not what is normal. Of course there's no absolutes there. As Leo Tolstoy put it (more or less -- translating from memory), all happy families are happy the same way, all unhappy ones are unhappy in all kinds of unique ways.

Well, I guess if by "conventional TCM" you mean the way it is taught in modern TCM establishments... but originally, they don't seem to have been separated. I think it may be a matter of what the healer himself/herself is trained to focus on or chooses to focus on. I know a TCM doctor reputed as one of the best TCM diagnosticians in China, who mostly diagnoses from the colors in the face, a quick pulse reading, and on occasion, turns on his auric vision if necessary. His student/assistant told me one of the stories... a patient came, the doctor said, you have such and such imbalances (in TCM terms), do this and that. The patient goes, doctor, are you sure you're not missing anything? The doctor, surprised, says, OK, turns on his auric vision and looks from a different dimension (for lack of a better term) and goes, "oh, that's right, to put it differently, since you already have a Western diagnosis, I can put it in these terms too. You have a brain tumor." Anybody's guess what a Western diagnosis looks to a "second sight," but the patient did not inform the doctor he had it (testing him I guess) yet it didn't remain hidden, and I guess that's what matters -- to see "what's going on" --

while what terms to use to name it (or how to interpret the colors) is not as important as to notice it and do something about it?..:)

• Like 3

I thought chakras were taught classically as being of particular colors, not new-ageyly? Of course they are part of a pretty absolutist system in their own right. -_- But dantiens, too. The lower elixir field is invariably yellow or gold in taoist alchemical literature. I think there's two things going on here. Normal and abnormal. Classical literature describes "normal," and normal will be orderly, Water-Black-Blue-North on the bottom, Fire-Red-South on top, Metal-White-West on the right, and so on, all the Eight Directions are associated with the colors of their vibration. Then what a healer comes across is what's in need of healing, i.e. not what is normal. Of course there's no absolutes there. As Leo Tolstoy put it (more or less -- translating from memory), all happy families are happy the same way, all unhappy ones are unhappy in all kinds of unique ways.

Well, I guess if by "conventional TCM" you mean the way it is taught in modern TCM establishments... but originally, they don't seem to have been separated. I think it may be a matter of what the healer himself/herself is trained to focus on or chooses to focus on. I know a TCM doctor reputed as one of the best TCM diagnosticians in China, who mostly diagnoses from the colors in the face, a quick pulse reading, and on occasion, turns on his auric vision if necessary. His student/assistant told me one of the stories... a patient came, the doctor said, you have such and such imbalances (in TCM terms), do this and that. The patient goes, doctor, are you sure you're not missing anything? The doctor, surprised, says, OK, turns on his auric vision and looks from a different dimension (for lack of a better term) and goes, "oh, that's right, to put it differently, since you already have a Western diagnosis, I can put it in these terms too. You have a brain tumor." Anybody's guess what a Western diagnosis looks to a "second sight," but the patient did not inform the doctor he had it (testing him I guess) yet it didn't remain hidden, and I guess that's what matters -- to see "what's going on" --

while what terms to use to name it (or how to interpret the colors) is not as important as to notice it and do something about it?..:)

"while what terms to use to name it (or how to interpret the colors) is not as important as to notice it and do something about it?"

Yes, this is the important thing.

The system I teach, as far as correlations with TCM; about the only thing consistently in common is that the energy channels exist and the energy vortices (acupuncture points as described AND other) exist.

I have a portrait of me with energy centers and external field depicted that one of my students did about 25 years ago. This student was good at seeing. Speaking of colors, it is a riot.

In our "Seeing" training we work on seeing inside the body also. Everyone has different level of talent with seeing. In our system, practice of Stillness-Movement helps these natural talents manifest. I see anywhere from one weekend to 3 years for a person to develop this when practicing Stillness-Movement. It is really cool to be hanging out with a student when this kicks in for the first time. Great entertainment.

• Like 1

"while what terms to use to name it (or how to interpret the colors) is not as important as to notice it and do something about it?"

Yes, this is the important thing.

The system I teach, as far as correlations with TCM; about the only thing consistently in common is that the energy channels exist and the energy vortices (acupuncture points as described AND other) exist.

I have a portrait of me with energy centers and external field depicted that one of my students did about 25 years ago. This student was good at seeing. Speaking of colors, it is a riot.

In our "Seeing" training we work on seeing inside the body also. Everyone has different level of talent with seeing. In our system, practice of Stillness-Movement helps these natural talents manifest. I see anywhere from one weekend to 3 years for a person to develop this when practicing Stillness-Movement. It is really cool to be hanging out with a student when this kicks in for the first time. Great entertainment.

If you come teach a bit closer to our neck-of-woods, I'll do my best to provide my share of entertainment. :)

Does physical eyesight affect this ability? Mine is imperfect. I do see weird "stuff" on occasion. It started years ago when I was doing natural eyesight improvement thingies and was experimenting with many different modes of seeing. Some from books and some from dreams, and then some spontaneous discoveries. I can switch on the second sight and see grids of qi superimposed on everything, e.g. orderly patterns of lights guiding the trees how to grow, all kinds of funky stuff. But I have never used this on people, because I'm in an altered state when I perceive this, and turning my attention to a person in order to communicate busts it instantly. I can either communicate or see, in other words. Weird, huh?

• Like 1

If you come teach a bit closer to our neck-of-woods, I'll do my best to provide my share of entertainment. :)

Does physical eyesight affect this ability? Mine is imperfect. I do see weird "stuff" on occasion. It started years ago when I was doing natural eyesight improvement thingies and was experimenting with many different modes of seeing. Some from books and some from dreams, and then some spontaneous discoveries. I can switch on the second sight and see grids of qi superimposed on everything, e.g. orderly patterns of lights guiding the trees how to grow, all kinds of funky stuff. But I have never used this on people, because I'm in an altered state when I perceive this, and turning my attention to a person in order to communicate busts it instantly. I can either communicate or see, in other words. Weird, huh?

I don't think it weird. Focusing on people is somewhat different than seeing everything else. I think it would be interesting to see what happened if you did it where people didn't know you were scanning them (for the purpose of you knowing there would be no interaction) then it may be different. One thing I have found is that even though there are commonalities, it works somewhat different for different people. For instance, some see better with their eyes closed, some see better with their eyes open. And for some, it is difficult to tell where the visual spectrum leaves off and other senses are at play; which, of course, is what I mean by totality of perception. Utilizing this totality of perception we are no longer limited by the visual spectrum. I think in your case quite possibly by focusing on a person you are narrowing your spectrum back to "normal" so the trick would be holding the spectrum.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this